John Ramsey speaks about late daughter

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Little

Little Member

read entire article here -
    Source: http://media.www.cw.ua.edu/media/st...msey.Speaks.About.Late.Daughter-3288679.shtml

2. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

:wtf: :wtf:

IS HE FOR REAL????!!!????

He says that as if she were found playing at a friends house and didn't tell them where she was headed.

THIS IS JUST NOT NORMAL!!!!

Yet he was just sooooo insulted and refused to cooperate.

:sick:

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

In Alabama?

Speaking at Crimson?!

4. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Exactly, Barbara! If anything, wouldn't he have told them he was horrified and devastated to have found JonBenet the way she was. I mean, I can understand this kind of response from a parent whose child has been missing for an extended period of time, like weeks or months. But after only seven hours?

-Tea

5. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I see the full article has a section for public comment at the end of it.

Just sayin.'

6. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

7. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Awesome. Time to gear up the supportramseytruth.com site to remind the citizens of Michigan that when John says he was a good businessman he was in fact a very poor one who ran a company that billed a billion dollars but kept very little of it in profit, so little that Lockheed was looking to sell it off well before John became a public liability to them. Also, good to remind voters that while John claims to have always loved Michigan, he spent most of his time there as a "fudgie." Michigan voters will know what that says about him.

I question whether he will go through with this decision, though. He obviously has no Patsy now to be the extrovert to design his campaign materials, knock on doors and fire up people with a go-get-em attitude. He also has fewer local supporters, since I see that one of his major ones, Laura Stebe, a.k.a. B, a.k.a. The Charlevoix Housekeeper, has moved away from the area after she and her husband failed to pay their taxes and had their home taken from them in a sheriff's sale. Also, he has not filed to organize a campaign committee yet, so there is that.

8. Barbara

Perhaps John is only "toying" with the idea. With all the politicians in the news these days, especially the NY Governor scandal, etc., he must know that he would just be a babe magnet if he ran for office; or even said he was contemplating the idea; after all, a face lift AND political aspirations, why his bed would never be empty lol

:sick: :lick:

9. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

Here's what I think about John's comment about feeling better because he knew where JonBenet was...

I don't believe John Ramsey is a sociopathic murderer. That said, something went terribly wrong on Christmas night in 1997 and his six year old daughter wound up dead. John was there that night and had a hand in what transpired through those awful hours. He has plenty of feelings about JonBenet's murder - but he obviously can't talk about them because of the great risk that he'll reveal too much in his words.

So what John does...and what we saw Patsy, do is mimic what they've heard from grieving parents. But, they don't get their monologues quite right - because they're parroting phrases that don't really jive with the actual record of events.

I've heard parents of children who were missing and then found dead express similar sentiments. But, the meaning comes out so differently! Barbara was right on when she said John makes it sound as if JonBenet was found at the neighbor's house - not brutally murdered.

Most fathers of six year olds who wound up strangled, sexually molested and with a giant hole in their skull would NEVER be able to get past the vision and the reality of that kind of terrible murder. They would most certainly not be able to make the blithe statement that they felt better just knowing where the child was.

How about it was the most terrible, gut-wrenching moment of his life when he saw the stiff, lifeless body of his baby girl, with a rope around her neck??? How about the shock and horror in realizing someone stuck a paint brush in his daughter's vagina - not to mention that she also showed signs of CHRONIC sexual abuse???? How about he will never rest another day until the monster who violated and killed his precious child is punished????

John can't voice these sentiments because they're not his reality. He can only make his pi$$-poor attempts to sound like a real grieving and innocent parent.

10. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

John spoke about his daughter all right.......funny though - No Mention of Patsy!

11. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Pearlsim,

You are so right! I've not thought about it quite like that before. But John can't express what isn't there to begin with. And then I look at the other fathers who have lost a child and have done such a good thing for the public by organizing some kind of program or have gone to the legislature of their state to amend laws and so forth. John at that time, had lots of money to do some good here and there. But to begin with he could have co-operated with LE right off the bat. So LE expects the parents to be involved...stand like a man and proclain your innocence by doing all that could be expected of you like asking to be interviewed and so forth. If you are so hell bent on being innocent go for it and then let the chips fall where they may. No, instead he fought the wrong battle by closing ranks for his family and closed off all communication with LE. What a wuss he is and has become.

12. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Doesn't John get PAID for these little "inspirational" speeches?

Poor Patsy. Gone but totally forgotten.

I'm trying to do some research in DOI, and I just can't find ONE PAGE where there aren't LIES UPON LIES. It's truly amazing. I may need psychotherapy if I keep this up.

The thing is, in hindsight, I'm absolutely sure this book was written by the same person who GAVE Lou Smit HIS theory and DISINFORMATION about the evidence. It's all there. I'd say Smit wrote it, but he's not that literate. So who did? Patsy and John were not capable of writing what is in this book, in regards to the evidence. They just weren't trained to do this.

And another thing I noticed in hindsight: how did the Ramseys KNOW all the details about the grand jury witnesses, the BPD presentation to the BDA before the grand jury, etc.? Because now I know they knew things NO ONE outside of the BPD and BDA should have known. But they did. WHO WAS FEEDING THEM ALL THE INFO FROM THE INVESTIGATION?

Their book was published in April of 2000. What kind of turn around time did the manuscript need to get to a final edit, then vetted by the lawyers, handed to the printer, who had to process it from layout to approved final galley to the printing press to binding, boxing, and shipping, all coordinated with marketing for retail sales and a publicity tour?

The grand jury had finished Oct. of 1999. I'm counting six months realistically for all that to be accomplished. I know a lot of it, the personal "first person" stuff from their lives could have been done before that, with their ADMITTED GHOST WRITER, but you're talking about them writing a book "allegedly" about the murder of their child within 2 years of her death, in which they do NOTHING but CRITICIZE, BEECH AND COMPLAIN about the very law enforcement agencies who were responsible for investigating and prosecuting the MURDERER. All while stonewalling the same LE and then BLAMING them for not solving the murder because LE thought THE RAMSEYS' behavior was still suspect...for some reason the Ramseys couldn't grasp....

Oh, and the MEDIA...which THE RAMSEYS USED EVERY TIME THEY WANTED TO MAKE ANOTHER PUBLIC RELATIONS PASS...were just so AWFUL. Except when THE RAMSEYS used it...but otherwise...TERRIBLE TO THEM...except when TRACEY had another RAMSEY INFOMERCIAL to sell. And I swear, I couldn't believe how John almost PIZZED himself bragging about the A&E airing of a remake of Tracey's croc and how it got "the best ratings they ever had" or some such. It's like they are incapable of getting that THIS ISN'T A BEAUTY CONTEST.

Poor intruder. He could hardly get a MENTION.

I hope John does run for office. I hope he wins. Then he'll finally be in a snake pit worthy of him: lawyers and politicians everywhere. Working hard to serve themselves at the expense of the American public. You can't get more RAMSEY than that!

13. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

What? After all her SHILLING for the Ramseys, she couldn't even get a LOAN from them to pay taxes on her home?

Maybe she should write a book. I'm sure it would be totally sychophantic, but so much is revealed by their supporters inadvertantly.

14. Barbara

I guess for a price, with a sympathetic audience, or at least a sympathetic host, he's willing to speak in public about JBR

I would be very surprised if he chose to go into politics, especially during the times we are in, and the harder interviews/questions he won't have a choice in responding to when taxpayers are being asked to support him and reporters are everywhere, including TMZ types and tabloid types and types like US who haven't forgotten

I don't think he wants to be that scrutinized, but hey, it's a Ramsey and he could very well surprise me.

15. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

You said it Barbara!

Lawyered up that day and refused to cooperate to clear himself and Patsy.

Let Patsy call over friends and pastor even though the 'monitoring' foreign faction threatened to kill JonBenet if he so much as talked to a stray dog.

Conviently forgot to mention to the cops, the 'strange' van in the alley...

Oh well...guess we'll have to wait until Burke turns 40 to find out what really happened.

16. Cherokee

Too true. John tries to act the part, and say the right things, but because they are not based in reality, there is a disconnect. I had the same reaction Barbara and everyone else did to John's statement. Instead of being mortified at finding JonBenet dead, he felt BETTER?!!

The truth is, John wasn't just finding JonBenet for the first time when he pretended to find her around 1 p.m. He already knew she was dead and where her body was lying at the bottom of the house. He felt BETTER then because the waiting for LE to find JonBenet was over. It gave the Ramseys the chance they needed to get out of the house and behind their lawyers before LE figured out they'd been had.

17. Little

Little Member

When I first read this I had such a reaction to John's words about "feeling better" when he found his baby girl dead. The great members here have put the reason for that reaction so well - he could say something that idiotic because it's not his reality he's talking about. He's just repeating what he has read or heard other parents say expressing their sincere grief. The thing is those are not words that can be believed without actually experiencing the kind of deep shock & pain that must accompany them. You can't fake that. John's little speech about his thoughts and feelings were all out of order. Good lord he's a despicable person. He's just an empty vessel.

Little

18. Cherokee

So true. And I think one of the reasons John's statement seems so jarring and false is that JonBenet was "missing" for only a few hours. It wasn't like days and weeks had passed before there was a resolution to where she was. A few hours is hardly enough time to process the fact that she was gone, so to think a parent would "feel better" when she's found dead is just beyond belief.

19. Little

Little Member

John didn't even have enough time to process what was going on let alone feel a sad-sort of relief that after days, weeks, months, years of wondering where JonBenet was he finally knew. John never questioned where she might be. He didn't even play his part very well.

I remember watching interviews of the Ramseys and being amazed at how matter-of-fact they both were. I can not believe that anyone would not break down during one of those interviews, yet they both got through them without any hesitation. One would think that their pain would have been so raw that they couldn't even think of giving an interview. Yet they both seemed quite at ease. Well, except for the fact that John had that deer in the headlight look whenever Patsy spoke.

Little

20. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

JR's comments were creepy. He does a disservice to parents of missing children everywhere. The point about her being missing for a only a few hours (7 hours, from the "discovery" of the RN by PR and the "discovery" of JBR by JR) is spot on. To say that you felt better after finding your 6-year old dead, strangled and in full rigor mortis because you now know where she was is insane and sounds desperate. He felt better because the sooner she was found the sooner they could get her buried any any evidence buried with her. They were getting ready to "move on with their lives".
    Parents of children that went missing when they were not WITH the parents may certainly feel relief (as Beth Holloway claims she did) if their remains are finally found- it is a closure of sorts, and to go years without knowing must be torture. But when a child is missing from their home when the parents are also home and she is later found dead in the home- well, I don't think there us anyone, even an IDI, who would put those two types of incidents in the same category.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice