Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Linda Arndt

Default Linda Arndt

I know that we read everywhere and in every interview that Linda Arndt sent John Ramsey to go find something out of place, etc. and that's when he found JB. I was just reading her deposition for her own lawsuit and she said everything printed about her was false. She said the only true thing ever printed was that she was there Dec.26, 1996. WTH? Does this mean she possibly never told JR to go looking for anything out of place? I'm trying to find proof that she said this, other than in ST's book or Vanity Fair or Perfect Murder Perfect Town and everywhere else we've read it. She says ST was the Vanity Fair leak but she had no proof. She also says she asked Koby to correct the misinformation about her and he refused and that she was made a scapegoat. What misinformation? Is this one of the untruths she is alleging? What are the untruths she is alleging about her role that day? I did'nt see where they addressed that in the deposition. It was mostly about Koby refusing to undo the untruths and how that ruined her reputation and that she had to report to 3 different people and nobody else had to do that. Does anyone know where I can find a statement made by Linda Arndt that she actually said that to JR? Or if there is no comment made by her, herself ,about it is there another proven statement made by someone that is undisputable that she said to go do this? Did she say she said to do this in the GMA interview because I can't find that interview. I can only remember reading she said this in the various books and JR and PR's interviews. Do we take JR's word for it? Do we take St's word for it, because there was no love lost there according to LH. She implied he was the leak for various reporters and he wasn't telling the truth about her. I'm still looking but if someone can direct me I'd sure appreciate it. WHAT IF she never told JR to go look for anything out of place at all? What does that mean to this case? It will have been one of thise lies that took on a life of it's own and became what everyone thought was truth because LA wasn't allowed to correct it. Anybody know where I can find proof she actually said to go do what JR did?

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    I know that we read everywhere and in every interview that Linda Arndt sent John Ramsey to go find something out of place, etc. and that's when he found JB. I was just reading her deposition for her own lawsuit and she said everything printed about her was false. She said the only true thing ever printed was that she was there Dec.26, 1996. WTH? Does this mean she possibly never told JR to go looking for anything out of place? I'm trying to find proof that she said this, other than in ST's book or Vanity Fair or Perfect Murder Perfect Town and everywhere else we've read it. She says ST was the Vanity Fair leak but she had no proof. She also says she asked Koby to correct the misinformation about her and he refused and that she was made a scapegoat. What misinformation? Is this one of the untruths she is alleging? What are the untruths she is alleging about her role that day? I did'nt see where they addressed that in the deposition. It was mostly about Koby refusing to undo the untruths and how that ruined her reputation and that she had to report to 3 different people and nobody else had to do that. Does anyone know where I can find a statement made by Linda Arndt that she actually said that to JR? Or if there is no comment made by her, herself ,about it is there another proven statement made by someone that is undisputable that she said to go do this? Did she say she said to do this in the GMA interview because I can't find that interview. I can only remember reading she said this in the various books and JR and PR's interviews. Do we take JR's word for it? Do we take St's word for it, because there was no love lost there according to LH. She implied he was the leak for various reporters and he wasn't telling the truth about her. I'm still looking but if someone can direct me I'd sure appreciate it. WHAT IF she never told JR to go look for anything out of place at all? What does that mean to this case? It will have been one of thise lies that took on a life of it's own and became what everyone thought was truth because LA wasn't allowed to correct it. Anybody know where I can find proof she actually said to go do what JR did?
    Linda Arndt obviously has not read Steve Thomas' book, because in it he says that he spoke to the Vanity Fairy jounalist Bardach. Bardach had interviewed so many people involved in the case, so he saw no reason why he should not speak to her also. Bardach had also interviewed Alex Hunter shortly before.

Re Arndt sending John to the basement: in view of the fact that this info is in virtually every book on the case, and even the suspects themselves have confirmed it, the probability is very high that this is what Linda Arndt actually did.
    It looks like she is attempting to control the damage to her professional image, for it was of course an huge blunder on her part to send John on a house search without a police officer accompanying him.

1999-09-13 (T) Linda Arndt on Good Morning America (Monday)

"(VO) Arndt says she suggested that John Ramsey and Fleet White search the house; an instruction for which she would later be strongly criticized. She said she told them to... Arndt: ...check the house, top to bottom. Look for anything that might belong to JonBenét that is in a place where you don't, shouldn't, where it shouldn't be. Even if it's a, a box, box of matches, anything. Leave it and come see me."
    Source: http://www.acandyrose.com/05191998arndtvsboulder.htm
    No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. -Heraclitus Fragments c. 500 BC

Arndt was in over her head. It went to her head when the case went national, IMO. Then she lost her head when she was pulled off the case.

She had spoken to the Ramseys off the record after they had attorneys and refused to come in to be interviewed by the BPD. How many people were DESPERATE to get that kind of access, in LE AND the media? And using her LE status, Arndt was in the cat bird seat. But then, according to Thomas, Arndt refused to make out police reports on those interviews. I believe she was questioned on this and admitted it in her law suit testimony as well, but won't swear to that as it's been a long time since I read it. Maybe you can help me on that, Karen, since you just read it.

Arndt received flowers from the Ramseys, also, at the BPD, no less.

My guess is she really couldn't handle the level of professional corruption swirling about her. She wasn't in the Ramseys' league by a long shot. She's just too naive to see that she was one of the FIRST after-murder bus victims: they ran her down so fast, she never even knew what hit her.

I'm sure White was questioned about what Arndt said to them about searching the house. I'm sure Thomas knows what Arndt put in HER police report, as well as Schiller, who had access to those very police reports for HIS book...though I still have NO IDEA how that happened. But they BOTH wrote in their books that Arndt told JR to search the home. I hardly see how that can be misconstrued, as important as it is.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase
    Arndt was in over her head. It went to her head when the case went national, IMO. Then she lost her head when she was pulled off the case.

She had spoken to the Ramseys off the record after they had attorneys and refused to come in to be interviewed by the BPD. How many people were DESPERATE to get that kind of access, in LE AND the media? And using her LE status, Arndt was in the cat bird seat. But then, according to Thomas, Arndt refused to make out police reports on those interviews. I believe she was questioned on this and admitted it in her law suit testimony as well, but won't swear to that as it's been a long time since I read it. Maybe you can help me on that, Karen, since you just read it.

Arndt received flowers from the Ramseys, also, at the BPD, no less.

My guess is she really couldn't handle the level of professional corruption swirling about her. She wasn't in the Ramseys' league by a long shot. She's just too naive to see that she was one of the FIRST after-murder bus victims: they ran her down so fast, she never even knew what hit her.

I'm sure White was questioned about what Arndt said to them about searching the house. I'm sure Thomas knows what Arndt put in HER police report, as well as Schiller, who had access to those very police reports for HIS book...though I still have NO IDEA how that happened. But they BOTH wrote in their books that Arndt told JR to search the home. I hardly see how that can be misconstrued, as important as it is.
    If ever there were a case of keeping one's enemies close - Patsy had it down.

Quote Originally Posted by sboyd
    If ever there were a case of keeping one's enemies close - Patsy had it down.
    Ah...yes. The GODmother....

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

I am sure Arndt told JR to check the house, thought she may have not specifically mentioned the basement. In PMPT, it is shows her complaining to her superiors that she needs backup, she can't control all those people. It is then suggested to her that she give them something to do. So she sends FW and JR to search the house. At that time, though there may have been suspicions that all was not as it seemed, she was still treating it as a kidnapping, and the Rs as victims. As she was the only LE there at the time, we have no way to corroborate what she says.
    After she filed her own lawsuit, she developed "amnesia" about the case.
    While she never suspected PR, she DID point to JR as the killer. She was trained to assist rape victims- she had a definite leaning towards protecting females. As far as I know, she never wavered in her opinion that PR was innocent. I don't know if over time, she also changed her mind about JR. I'd sure love to hear what she has to say now.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Thanks everyone. I should have looked around a bit more before I posted.
    Thanks Little for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee
    After she filed her own lawsuit, she developed "amnesia" about the case.
    While she never suspected PR, she DID point to JR as the killer. She was trained to assist rape victims- she had a definite leaning towards protecting females. As far as I know, she never wavered in her opinion that PR was innocent. I don't know if over time, she also changed her mind about JR. I'd sure love to hear what she has to say now.
    It looks like Arndt later swayed to John being innocent too. Steve Thomas met her with bunch of flowers in her hand, and she happily told him they were from "John and Patsy".

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee
    I am sure Arndt told JR to check the house, thought she may have not specifically mentioned the basement. In PMPT, it is shows her complaining to her superiors that she needs backup, she can't control all those people. It is then suggested to her that she give them something to do. So she sends FW and JR to search the house.
    Too bad they couldn't have worked a jigsaw puzzle instead...

"We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

Quote Originally Posted by heymom
    Too bad they couldn't have worked a jigsaw puzzle instead...

Too True!
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Default Arndt faxing questions to the suspects

Arndt seems to have done a lot of wrong things in the JBR investigation.
    For example, soon after the crime, she faxed a list of sixteen questions to John's lawyer Bryan Morgan.
    One of these questions was whether JonBenet had eaten shortly before she went to bed.
    Arndt was heavily criticized for faxing those questions.
    Dr. Lee, "Cracking More Cases", p. 167:
    Both her peers and several of the prosecuting attorneys felt that she should never have taken that step on her own. This very transmission violated an ancient police interrogation belief: never tip your hand on what you will be asking your suspect, and always preserve an element of surprise so you can use it to its fullest advantage.
    With those questions faxed to them before they were even interrogated, it was easy for the Ramseys and their legal team to develop a strategy on how to answer.
    Arndt unfortunately played into the suspects' hands by doing this.

Just as the police played into their hands by allowing Pam Paugh to rummage through the crime scene and remove items.
    Last edited by rashomon; April 2, 2008, 3:23 pm at Wed Apr 2 15:23:15 UTC 2008.