Linda Arndt

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Karen, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Karen

Karen Member

I know that we read everywhere and in every interview that Linda Arndt sent John Ramsey to go find something out of place, etc. and that's when he found JB. I was just reading her deposition for her own lawsuit and she said everything printed about her was false. She said the only true thing ever printed was that she was there Dec.26, 1996. WTH? Does this mean she possibly never told JR to go looking for anything out of place? I'm trying to find proof that she said this, other than in ST's book or Vanity Fair or Perfect Murder Perfect Town and everywhere else we've read it. She says ST was the Vanity Fair leak but she had no proof. She also says she asked Koby to correct the misinformation about her and he refused and that she was made a scapegoat. What misinformation? Is this one of the untruths she is alleging? What are the untruths she is alleging about her role that day? I did'nt see where they addressed that in the deposition. It was mostly about Koby refusing to undo the untruths and how that ruined her reputation and that she had to report to 3 different people and nobody else had to do that. Does anyone know where I can find a statement made by Linda Arndt that she actually said that to JR? Or if there is no comment made by her, herself ,about it is there another proven statement made by someone that is undisputable that she said to go do this? Did she say she said to do this in the GMA interview because I can't find that interview. I can only remember reading she said this in the various books and JR and PR's interviews. Do we take JR's word for it? Do we take St's word for it, because there was no love lost there according to LH. She implied he was the leak for various reporters and he wasn't telling the truth about her. I'm still looking but if someone can direct me I'd sure appreciate it. WHAT IF she never told JR to go look for anything out of place at all? What does that mean to this case? It will have been one of thise lies that took on a life of it's own and became what everyone thought was truth because LA wasn't allowed to correct it. Anybody know where I can find proof she actually said to go do what JR did?

2. rashomon

rashomon Member

Linda Arndt obviously has not read Steve Thomas' book, because in it he says that he spoke to the Vanity Fairy jounalist Bardach. Bardach had interviewed so many people involved in the case, so he saw no reason why he should not speak to her also. Bardach had also interviewed Alex Hunter shortly before.

Re Arndt sending John to the basement: in view of the fact that this info is in virtually every book on the case, and even the suspects themselves have confirmed it, the probability is very high that this is what Linda Arndt actually did.
    It looks like she is attempting to control the damage to her professional image, for it was of course an huge blunder on her part to send John on a house search without a police officer accompanying him.

3. Little

Little Member

1999-09-13 (T) Linda Arndt on Good Morning America (Monday)

"(VO) Arndt says she suggested that John Ramsey and Fleet White search the house; an instruction for which she would later be strongly criticized. She said she told them to... Arndt: ...check the house, top to bottom. Look for anything that might belong to JonBenét that is in a place where you don't, shouldn't, where it shouldn't be. Even if it's a, a box, box of matches, anything. Leave it and come see me."
    Source: http://www.acandyrose.com/05191998arndtvsboulder.htm

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Arndt was in over her head. It went to her head when the case went national, IMO. Then she lost her head when she was pulled off the case.

She had spoken to the Ramseys off the record after they had attorneys and refused to come in to be interviewed by the BPD. How many people were DESPERATE to get that kind of access, in LE AND the media? And using her LE status, Arndt was in the cat bird seat. But then, according to Thomas, Arndt refused to make out police reports on those interviews. I believe she was questioned on this and admitted it in her law suit testimony as well, but won't swear to that as it's been a long time since I read it. Maybe you can help me on that, Karen, since you just read it.

Arndt received flowers from the Ramseys, also, at the BPD, no less.

My guess is she really couldn't handle the level of professional corruption swirling about her. She wasn't in the Ramseys' league by a long shot. She's just too naive to see that she was one of the FIRST after-murder bus victims: they ran her down so fast, she never even knew what hit her.

I'm sure White was questioned about what Arndt said to them about searching the house. I'm sure Thomas knows what Arndt put in HER police report, as well as Schiller, who had access to those very police reports for HIS book...though I still have NO IDEA how that happened. But they BOTH wrote in their books that Arndt told JR to search the home. I hardly see how that can be misconstrued, as important as it is.

5. sboyd

sboyd Member

If ever there were a case of keeping one's enemies close - Patsy had it down.

6. koldkase

Ah...yes. The GODmother....

7. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I am sure Arndt told JR to check the house, thought she may have not specifically mentioned the basement. In PMPT, it is shows her complaining to her superiors that she needs backup, she can't control all those people. It is then suggested to her that she give them something to do. So she sends FW and JR to search the house. At that time, though there may have been suspicions that all was not as it seemed, she was still treating it as a kidnapping, and the Rs as victims. As she was the only LE there at the time, we have no way to corroborate what she says.
    After she filed her own lawsuit, she developed "amnesia" about the case.
    While she never suspected PR, she DID point to JR as the killer. She was trained to assist rape victims- she had a definite leaning towards protecting females. As far as I know, she never wavered in her opinion that PR was innocent. I don't know if over time, she also changed her mind about JR. I'd sure love to hear what she has to say now.

8. Karen

Karen Member

Thanks everyone. I should have looked around a bit more before I posted.
    Thanks Little for the link. :)

9. rashomon

rashomon Member

It looks like Arndt later swayed to John being innocent too. Steve Thomas met her with bunch of flowers in her hand, and she happily told him they were from "John and Patsy".

10. heymom

heymom Member

Too bad they couldn't have worked a jigsaw puzzle instead...

:fishslap:

11. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Too True!

12. rashomon

rashomon Member

Arndt faxing questions to the suspects

Arndt seems to have done a lot of wrong things in the JBR investigation.
    For example, soon after the crime, she faxed a list of sixteen questions to John's lawyer Bryan Morgan.
    One of these questions was whether JonBenet had eaten shortly before she went to bed.
    Arndt was heavily criticized for faxing those questions.
    With those questions faxed to them before they were even interrogated, it was easy for the Ramseys and their legal team to develop a strategy on how to answer.
    Arndt unfortunately played into the suspects' hands by doing this.

Just as the police played into their hands by allowing Pam Paugh to rummage through the crime scene and remove items.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  13. sboyd

sboyd Member

The woman should have to wear a dunce cap for the rest of her days. :foot:

14. koldkase

Is there any wonder that Ramsey got away with murder?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  15. sboyd

sboyd Member

Nope.

16. AMES

AMES Member

Sheesh...what a dumba$$.

17. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

And where is the "tell-all" book she was supposed to be writing? Interesting- she knows what really happened in the house during the time she was there. Her sudden "amnesia" in the wake of her lawsuit was a big indication to me that she had a book up her sleeve. But if she writes lies- that won't fly. She will have to tell the truth if she puts it in print- and we all know what the truth is.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  18. heymom

heymom Member

Maybe we'd see that book if John would just go on to be with Patsy...or maybe not.

19. Karen

Karen Member

If she had any idea how much money she would make if she would just get on with it and release it I don't see why she wouldn't do it. She apparently could use the money since she's no longer in her chosen profession. I know I would buy it and I know everbody I know who follows this case would buy it. We haven't had a new book in so long it would be like water in the desert! She is probably in the same boat as LHP with the Grand Jury testimony and all and she has probably already been contacted by Ramseys lawyer, his name escapes me at the moment, Lyn or something?

20. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Lin Wood. Oh, I am sure she's already been contacted by him. Actually, Arndt is such a R supporter now, that maybe the real reason her book has not been forthcoming is because when she originally planned to write it, it would have pointed to JR as the killer (as she originally did) and now she wouldn't say that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice