Ex-Housekeeper Says Patsy Ramsey Killed JonBenet.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by AMES, Apr 5, 2008.

1. AMES

AMES Member

http://www.rense.com/general11/benet.htm

Sorry if you guys have already seen this. This is the first time that I have...and maybe there are some other posters that haven't seen it before, as well.

This is just the beginning of it...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    By Mike McPhee
    Denver Post Staff Writer
    http://www.denverpost.com
    7-6-1

"A federal judge Thursday gave grand-jury witnesses permission to talk about their secret testimony, prompting the Ramsey family's former housekeeper to declare that Patsy Ramsey killed her 6-year-old daughter. "

Click on link that I provided above for much more interesting reading.

I, myself, did not realize that the witnesses had been given permission to speak about their secret testimony.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  2. Little

Little Member

Linda Hoffmann-Pugh took a real beating IMO. She and her family were the recipients of the Ramsey scorched earth approach of dealing with anyone who knew their dirty little secrets. I wish she could write that book.

Little

3. AMES

AMES Member

Yeah, me too!

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

This is OT, but important to me. That link to the Denver Post gave an article dated today about a New Jersey man who went missing in Breckenridge few months ago. He was skiing there with his father, and some other friends and their dads. He left a local bar in a blizzard and was never seen again. I know the family- they live in the next town, and I know his step-grandmother. The family is devastated. But we all had a feeling he'd be found as the snow melted. At least they know what happened now, and he'll be returned to them after the coroner releases the body.

5. heymom

heymom Member

How very sad and tragic. One can become very disorientated in a blizzard, and alcohol lowers your body temperature anyway, so he must have become confused and hypothermic, and then died. Only 23, how awful...

6. rashomon

rashomon Member

I too wish she could write it. I think she would have a LOT to say.
    Housekeepers usually get pretty good insights into the real family life of the people they are working for. And what they see there is often quite different from the official picture the family projects to the outside world.
    Kings and other celebrities always fear that their ex-butlers, nannies or bodyguards will write books about them. For these people know them far too well of course ...

LHP says:

It seems Patsy used the knife to cut the cord.

Ames: Thanks so much for providing the link - very interesting article about LHP!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  7. AMES

AMES Member

You are quite welcome! Even though the article was from 2001, I had never seen it before.

8. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you, Ames. I haven't seen this before. Linda Hoffman-Pugh had a good insight to the Ramsey lifestyle, and the fact she was the one who placed Burke's knife in the linen closet told her who the killer was. I think her instincts were right on target.

9. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Off the top of my head, I can only think of one pre-murder Ramsey family friend who DOESN'T think Patsy did it. And that is Johnny Cash look-a-like Susanstien, no relation to Franken. I personally think she is too manly to admit Patsy did it-you know how pig-headed men can be. But anyway. Yeah LHHP is right.

10. AMES

AMES Member

You are welcome. Apparently Patsy was no saint, either...according to LHP...like most IDI's would like to believe. Rash believes that the knife was used to cut the cord with. I agee!

11. AMES

AMES Member

:rolling: You are funny!

12. rashomon

rashomon Member

It would interest me WHY the federal judge gave that permission.
    My guess is he had no legal reason to deny the permission, so he had no choice but to allow it.
    I almost fell out of my chair when reading that!!
    Does this mean Burke did not testify directly at the GJ, but only by video?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  13. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

That what it seems. Leave it to the R lawyers to prevent the Grand Jury from being able to talk to him in person- where every nuance of his body language and facial expressions can be seen. Rather, all they see is him on video, a very controlled situation.

14. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

That's exactly what it means.

15. AMES

AMES Member

That's what it means! As I have stated before, my husband, a Gov. Agent, has had to testify before a Grand Jury before...he says that its because of Burke's age at the time. Apparently testifying in front of a grand jury is too difficult or traumatic for a child that age. To me that means...he wasn't asked any questions, by the Grand Jury. How could he have been, if he was videotaped beforehand? And I will say this...the grand jury doesn't have a set of prepared questions...they ask the questions after the testimony, and they have no idea what the person testifying (or speaking) is going to say. After the testimony, its like rapid fire questions from them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2) General Laws c. 233, § 20, Fourth, inserted by St. 1986, c. 145, provides:

"An unemancipated, minor child, living with a parent, shall not testify before a grand jury, trial of an indictment, complaint or other criminal proceeding, against said parent, where the victim in such proceeding is not a member of said parent's family and who does not reside in the said parent's household. For the purposes of this clause the term 'parent' shall mean the natural or adoptive mother or father of said child

16. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Let's not assume Burke had a pre-recorded video played to the GJ. Often times with minors, the child is sequestered in a room with a parent and an attorney, but the video in the room is interactive with the courtroom.

The too traumatic part is the minor having to be in the court room itself. Had Mitchell and Barzee gone immediately to trial, that is how Elizabeth Smart would have testified as well, as she was still a minor. I think they use this process in regular trials so the minor isn't traumatized a second time by facing the defendant in court. The can eliminate coersion and intimidation that way.

17. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Well, here in East Texas, an eight-year old-girl had to testify in court twice, because the first trial was a mis-trial, about how she was molested by a Cass County depty sherrif.

That should be illegal.

18. AMES

AMES Member

When the child is sequestered in a room with a parent and an attorney, but the video in the room is interactive...that is called a Closed Circuit Testimony (where the court can see them, but they cannot see the courtroom or the defendant) not a Video Testimony...where the testimony is actually videotaped..which I believe is the case with Burke, since it said that he testify via Video, (opposed to a Closed Circuit Testimony). Please see below link....

http://www.locatethelaw.org/ManualWebFiles/VIDEOTAPETESTIMONY.htm#_Toc97299290

19. AMES

AMES Member

ITA...I believe the law states that it has to be a minor that cannot testify against a parent that he lives with. I guess its okay if its someone other than a parent (that the child lives with). GO FIGURE!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice