Lockheed Martin

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Apr 12, 2008.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Every year when the AirShow hits town here and the ThunderBirds take to the sky, it dawns on me that John Ramsey did have himself quite the connection through Access Graphics. How much do we really know about exactly what kind of computer programming or whateverinthehell it was he was making his millions doing?

Anybody?!

Shadow?!

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Well, I'm no Shadow, but since you brought it up....

Last month or so, they had a program on TV, one of the crime shows, natch, and it was about a man who had a business VERY MUCH like Access Graphics. Now, I'm not saying this has ANY relationship to JR or his business, but I thought it was interesting, because this guy not only turned out to be quite a con man, thief, and white collar criminal, but he was a nasty piece of work, as well. Seems his company did make about $10 mil a year with his (similar) business--Sun Microsystems was even mentioned in the program--and then did the exact same "value added resale" type of deal for his clients. That's exactly what Access Graphics did.

Now, I don't know anything about this kind of business, but the crime program was interesting because this guy, named Barton H. Watson, would have been a direct competitor with Access Graphics, about the same time Ramsey was growing HIS business in Boulder. It just struck me for obvious reasons.

Here's a good bio, relatively short, on Watson:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barton_H._Watson

Here is a link to a book coming out about him, which went sort of hand in hand with the crime program:

http://www.cybernetscam.com/

Watson finally committed suicide when he knew the gig was up. Maybe he just WANTED to be like John Ramsey, I don't know. Watson's downfall was his overpowering greed, it seems. I only bring it up because I thought it was interesting to see this same "computer age" company type with another disasterous end in crime and death. At the time I thought, if there WERE some diabolical intruder, this is the kind of guy he would be.

Of course, if he planned this murder to bring Ramsey down, he couldn't have DREAMED the Ramseys would cooperate so much in making themselves look TOTALLY guilty.

3. Little

Little Member

I've always kinda sorta wondered if the "foreign faction" mention in the note didn't get a very early, unintentional favor done for John Ramsey by getting his phone records under wraps. In the real world people get phone calls all the time asking for a favor. Let's face it, if the person on the other end of the phone has no reason to question the favor, or if they believe there's a very good reason for it, they can pull the strings. Depending on who initiated the request, wellllll, let's say someone from an influential law firm or some such thing, were to make such a request, then it could totally happen IMO. Once a person realized what they had done, or what they had been involved in, they are very likely never going to open their mouth about it.

KK, I wish I had seen that show but isn't it funny how many things remind us of this case?!

Little

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I definitely think that someone had those December phone records "disappear".

5. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Ditto.

A whole month of phone records don't just "disappear" on their own. How convenient that the phone records that SOMEHOW got erased were those from December and they just happened to be the Ramsey's phone records. It wasn't like it was a system-wide failure or computer glitch. We haven't heard of anyone else's phone records disappearing for December 1996, have we?

Why wasn't there more outcry about this from the Boulder DA's office? Why wasn't the disappearance of the phone records thoroughly investigated by state and federal law enforcement? Why does no one in Boulder care that the Ramsey got away with obstruction of justice and much more?

This case is so frustrating on so many levels.

6. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Wouldn't it be great if someone put an ad in the local paper there asking if anyone had their phone records for December 1996 go missing? I know it was 11 years ago, but that's the kind of thing you just don't forget. Ever.

7. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Yeah, and if the phone records were missing ... how did they know how much to charge for the month? Wouldn't the Ramseys have gotten a phone bill for the month of December? If so, the phone company would have needed the phone records in order to construct such a bill.

Were the Ramseys the only ones who didn't get a phone bill for the month of December 1996? How convenient.

8. Little

Little Member

Source: http://financialservices.house.gov/banking/91300dou.htm

Does this mean that someone did obtain the phone records?

Little

9. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

And Little, those CELL PHONE RECORDS may be sitting in an evidence room in the BPD to this day.

Or they've been destroyed.

Does the RST REALLY think that any defendant/intruder wouldn't DEMAND those records in discovery?

Now you know why John Mark Karr was hurried out of Boulder as fast as he was hurried in.

10. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

RR – I knew a little bit about Lockheed Martin and Access Graphics back in 1996 because, in the late 1980s and early 90s, I worked on several large U.S. military proposals on which my company and LM were “joint venture†bidders. In addition, a guy who worked for me in the 1970s, Gary Mann, was the LM VP who was John Ramsey’s boss. Also, while I was posting at Justice Watch, my son-in-law’s father worked in the FBI lab, my wife’s cousin was an FBI Agent, and several people that I had worked with worked in the Justice Dept. I was getting a lot of “input†on the case at that time that I passed on to JW posters.

While I have never accused any Ramsey of anything, I have wondered many times why John Ramsey called the Boulder PD. I was not an executive but I worked for a defense contractor for many years and had gone to several security sessions where what you should do under various security “situations†had been covered in detail. John Ramsey was an executive of a defense contractor who had a note from a “foreign faction†that said they had his daughter. His response should have been to either call LM security or the FBI. I always questioned calling 911, and then calling several friends to his house when the “kidnappers†said they would kill his daughter if he called anyone. Obviously, if the police and several people showed-up at his house the “kidnappers†would know he called someone. At the very least, this was bad judgment on the part of a very smart executive.

I knew a little bit about Access Graphics because LM used them on one of our joint venture proposals. As I recall, the company had an excellent reputation in support of remote computing, micro-computers, and workstations. They provided client/server support services and sold “packaged†financial and CAD/CAM systems. The company was the world's largest distributor of Sun Microsystems Corp. computer equipment, and the premier value-added technical distributor of complex workstation computer products. They maintained configuration centers and provided field technical support for these products. They also were the major value added resellers (VAR) sales and service company for North America and Europe. I never heard anything detrimental or questionable about John Ramsey.

11. Little

Little Member

Shadow wrote:
    You sure have/had an interesting profession Shadow.

I wonder what the people who worked for John Ramsey thought of him. The every day employees who meet at the water cooler. He worked on a very different level with the people you are talking about.

Little

12. Elle

Elle Member

This is exactly what should have happened, Shadow. Well said.

13. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

As I understood it- when the Rs phone records (cell and landline)- they were of course billed for the month of December (96) but there were allegedly NO phone calls made on the cell phone. Right. Like who doesn't us their cell phone for a month. In December.

14. JoeJame

JoeJame member

Very good question RR......
    Makes you wonder...and wonder more.

15. Elle

Elle Member

Can't come up with too much RR, but have posted the following.

Looking back

In Death of Innocence Chapter 13, page 122 John Ramsey talks about how he started his computer business from his basement, and that he more or less was in the right place at the right time, with Patsy being his secretary and helping him. Lockheed Martin bought them out in 1991 , with John staying on as a CEO because he had enjoyed building Access Graphics and had high expectations for its future.

Crime Magazine

http://www.crimemagazine.com/jonbenet.htm

The Murder of JonBenét Ramsey
    by J. J. Maloney & J. Patrick O'Connor
    The Ramsey Family

As families go, it could be argued that the Ramseys, on that night, were first among equals. John Ramsey had founded Access Graphics, a billion-dollar-a-year computer distributor that had been purchased by Lockheed, with him still running it. Police said his financial records showed that as of May 1, 1996, he had a net worth of $6.2 million. He had a jet pilot's license and his own two planes. Patricia "Patsy" Ramsey is a former Miss West Virginia (as is her sister). Burke, who was two weeks shy of 10 years old the night his sister was murdered, is often described as well mannered and quiet. JonBenet, of course, was a captivating child who would command attention wherever she was – yet, following her death, was widely praised as a down-to-earth and caring girl. The previous month she'd been placed on an honor roll at her school for winning an "I Caught You Being Good" award.

16. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Thank you all for weighing in on what it look's like we need to find out more about!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin

Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) is a leading multinational aerospace manufacturer and advanced technology company formed in 1995 by the merger of Lockheed Corporation with Martin Marietta. It is headquartered in Bethesda, an unincorporated area in Montgomery County, Maryland and a suburb of Washington, D.C.; Lockheed-Martin employs 140,000 people worldwide. Robert J. Stevens is the current Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer.

Lockheed Martin is the world's largest defense contractor (by revenue).[1] As of 2005, 95% of Lockheed Martin's revenues came from the United States Department of Defense, other U.S. federal government agencies, and foreign military customers.

Attached Files:

• tb.jpg
      tb.jpg
      File size:
      40 KB
      Views:
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice