New Ramsey case novel by Joyce Carol Oates - "My Sister, My Love"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, May 8, 2008.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

It's not until next month, and we have heard about this, but here's a new article on the popular writer Joyce Carol Oates' novel based on JonBenet's murder, as told from the "brother's" POV:

http://atlantamagazine.com/blogs/blog_post.aspx?id=23246&blogid=258

2. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

No need to fictionalize this case, though. That's already been done by the RST.

3. JoeJame

JoeJame member

whenever I watched those beauty pageant shows on t.v.....Patsy always came through. Anticipation, anger....the whole kit and kaboodle......
    Those poor girls..

4. JoeJame

JoeJame member

I still believe that bastad John knows and he is a coward. A coward. Kind of like Burke, but I do give Burke a pass. He was much younger. Does she (JonBenet) not haunt them in their dreams?

5. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

hahahahaaa...good one!

Watch out Oates....John probably needs money again. Suing and settling with Lin Wood is one of John's main sources of income.

I think I'll read this book....

6. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Can't Wait!

Joyce Carol Oates has been among my favorite authors since I discovered her in college....

This is a book that I will buy...Does anyone know when it is due to hit the book stores?

Voyager

7. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Whoops!

Just reviewed the thread and read that the release date is June 24th....Just in time for a good summer read...Wonder how closely her novel will follow the Ramsey family, their personalities and life style...

I don't know if John Ramsey can put Lin Wood on her trail unless her publisher formally annouces that her book is about the Ramsey family....After all, it is fiction isn't it?

I like the idea of telling the story from the viewpoint of a teenage Burke....I think that we have all been concerned over the years about how this murder would affect Burke in the long term....Since Oates is a master at psychological interpretations in her characters, I will be facinated to read what she anticipates as Burkes mindset and character ten years after the murder....

We will have to have a discussion thread this summer on Oates interesting work of fiction...

Voyager

8. koldkase

How true, how true. But it will be interesting to see what Oates' fictional take on this case is, anyhow. Especially since it's from "the brother's" POV.

9. koldkase

I don't know, JJ. Maybe. I guess it's between them and JonBenet now.

10. koldkase

Absolutely. I'll buy it Day One.

Ramsey can sue anyone for anything. But if he does, it will be the SAME LOSS as it was with Thomas: nothing but a show suit and they'll settle for "an undisclosed amount"...which means nothing but the opportunity for Wood and the RST to LIE about how THEY WON.... Yes, the book is fiction, a novel, and clearly is not being marketed as NON-fiction. The Ramseys made themselves public figures when they went on CNN the day after they buried their brutally murdered child. They hate it that they can't make people listen to THEIR propaganda but not ever speak WORD ONE about the TRUTH, but there it is. The ONLY way they made out like bandits in their other suits were because they ALL were suing on behalf of BURKE, who was a minor when the tabs posted stories stating Burke had done it or was a suspect. Burke isn't a minor anymore.

The book's publisher has more experience with lawsuits like this than Wood can imagine. They know what they're doing. And like FoxNews, who beat Wood into pulp, they'll make hash out of him. In spite of all the RST's best efforts, we still have SOME semblence of Freedom of the Press here.

11. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Count me in for Day One as well.

12. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Ironic isn't it that a book can come out, FICTION, and we all just KNOW that John will get his panties in a bunch, running to a lawyer

YET, when Karr was spewing the most vile and unspeakable things about JonBenet publicly and on the INTERNET with his very own website and forum, the ONLY people who were upset were US

NOBODY with the power to take him down, made any effort to do so, simply because he takes the focus off the Ramseys' guilt! INNOCENTS would have been screaming about this and gone through every legal channel they could to have Karr cease and desist. NOPE NOPE, not those Ramseys.

It boggles my mind that anyone studying this case can even consider the intruder theory

13. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

Wow, Barbara - brilliant point! Absolutely boggles the mind. If JonBenet was my child and some pervert like Karr started going into all that sick crap about my baby girl, I'd have his head on a platter....at the very least.

14. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

I love Joyce Carol Oates too and will buy the book the minute it comes out. The way I look at it, it can't be more fictionalized than the Smit, Suma, Ramsey, Bennett propaganda machine.

15. koldkase

Ain't THAT the truth!

Barbara, you are so right about John Ramsey and PERV Karr. TO THIS DAY John Ramsey has done NOTHING but had SYMPATHY for PERV Karr! The fact that Ramsey gave ONE phone interview to the press after PERV Karr's arrest, AND THEN DISAPPEARED while the whole mess played out, is a complete contradiction to ALL that any PARENT can imagine they'd be doing under those circumstances. JOHN RAMSEY EVEN SAID HE FELT SORRY FOR THE GUY!!

I will NEVER believe sissy Pammy doesn't know the truth, as well, after SHE said, upon Patsy's death and during an interview about it, "PATSY HAS HER VICTORY!" That was so telling to me. IMO, Pam knows FULL WELL what was in that ransom note. I never thought until that statement that the whole gang was in on the truth of it. Now I believe they all know and to them, IT'S ALL GOOD.

Oh, well, another day in the RAMSEY INJUSTICE MACHINE. :steamed:

16. Karen

Karen Member

17. koldkase

I never saw the article Oates wrote about this case, Karen. Thanks for putting that link here. It's long, and I'm only part way through it, but 9 years later, it's shocking how little has changed, and how exactly what we've known all along is the same today as it was then: there was no intruder.

18. rashomon

rashomon Member

I was totally captivated by Joyce Carol Oates' article "The Mystery of JonBenét Ramsey". Very interesting also her critical view on Schiller's book "Pefect Murder Perfect Town." I couldn't agree more.

http://jco.usfca.edu/jonbenetmystery.html

Can't wait to read Oates' novel and discuss it with you folks here!!

19. Elle

Elle Member

Well said, Barbara. No point in trying to add anything to this. You come in handy. Save my tired old brains. I'll just ride on your coat tails now and then. :)

P.S. It truly does boggle my mind too, that anyone who has studied this case can even consider the intruder theory.

20. rashomon

rashomon Member

ITA, Barbara and Elle. The emphasis is on the phrase "studied this case ", (i. e. a person being aware of the overwhelming evidence which implicates the Ramseys in the cover-up of their daughter's death), and still being IDI.
    The staged 'garrote' scene, the ransom note, the fiber evidence, the size 12 underwear, the pineapple evidence, the Ramseys' many lies and unwillingness to cooperate with the investigators - they all point in one direction only: there was NO intruder, and the Ramseys covered the true reason for JonBenet's death.
    Therefore those IDIs would have to explain away ALL this evidence. So far no IDI theory posted on the forums could offer an even remotely plausible explanation.

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice