Willing participants? Tar baby victims?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, May 14, 2008.

1. Little

Little Member

I came across this article about Barbara Walters today and it led me to wonder just how many people played a part in the "Free the Ramseys" ploy.

IMO some were involved by design, some were involved by accident, and some might not even know they were part of this ploy.

If you think of someone and can add an interview (either print or video) please feel free to help put the list together.

Little

This explains a lot about the Ramsey/Walters interview:

More people have revealed more humiliating episodes to Barbara Walters than to any other reporter, but remarkably few have ever been angry about an interview with her, because she has never sold one of them out. Many writers have learned the art of falling in love with a subject during the long course of reporting a story, but once the final bar tab has been paid and the celebrity deposited one last time into a waiting town car, the surgeon snaps on his gloves and makes the long, opening cut. But with Barbara, the love only grows. To this day she believes, adamantly, that JonBenet Ramsey’s parents are innocent, that Jean Harris should have been pardoned immediately, and that Monica Lewinsky’s master’s degree from the London School of Economics is proof of a first-rate intelligence.

Source:
    Barbara Walters got the story by giving her subjects what they wanted.
    by Caitlin Flanagan
    The Uses of Enchantment
    http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200806/flanagan-walters

2. Little

Little Member

CNN - Ramsey friendly

Source - http://www.cnn.com/US/9701/11/slain.girl.update/transcript.html

3. Little

Little Member

Erin Moriarty CBS

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t74BSnM7W1U&feature=related

Source - http://www.etonline.com/tv/2004/12/34535/index.html

4. rashomon

rashomon Member

Not to mention yet another 'accomplice': Patsy Ramsey who tied the ligature and wrote the bogus ransom note. :D

5. Little

Little Member

Ollie Gray, John San Augustin- tar baby victims?

So true rashomon, and you have Ollie Gray, and John San Augustin who, IMO, are tar baby victims. They now have so much invested in the intruder story that they can't allow themselves to even entertain that idea.

Little

6. Elle

Elle Member

How convenient for the Ramseys this other case turned up, Little to throw more suspicion on someone else. By any chance did John Ramsey date Erin Moriarty? Ech!

7. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

I find John's comment "we have to find out why this happened" to be strange and perhaps telling.

Wouldn't it be more natural to say something along the lines of "we have to find out who did this to our precious little baby and make them pay for what they've done."

I bet John and Patsy did have to go over and over the events of that night, trying to find sense of all that happened. Because I really don't think they woke up Christmas morning thinking "today's the day we kill JonBenet."

Something happened. Some kind of accident and everything played out to it's tragic conclusion from that point.

From a psychological standpoint, John's comment is very telling.

8. Elle

Elle Member

I've always thought JonBenét's death was accidental Pearlsim, with her mother, Patsy Ramsey being the culprit.

9. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I agree. John didn't say they wanted to find out WHO did it, but WHY. At the same time, he said they weren't angry with the killer, they just wanted to know WHY.

I cannot think of one parent who, upon finding their child murdered in their own home, would not be angry and would not want to find out WHO did it.

But the Ramseys already knew the WHO, didn't they? The "WHY did it have to happen" was the only question left.

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  10. Little

Little Member

Source: http://uss001.infi.net/denver/post/news/jon0216.htm

11. Elle

Elle Member

I couldn't open this link, Little (?).

12. Little

Little Member

It's something I have saved in my files Elle so the link may be dead now.

Little

13. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Many of the R family comments seemed odd and out of place to me. JR's comment was one. I can't think of any other crime where a child was murdered and the parents spoke of wanting to find "why this happened" rather than find the killer of their baby. Ditto for the "We didn't mean for this to happen" and "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry".
    Also JAR's comments about the killer being offered "forgiveness".
    Taken as a whole, it seems to prove that the family knows who, when and how JBR was killed.

14. Elle

Elle Member

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Patsy then touched Pam's face. "Couldn't you fix this for me?" she asked. Pam thought she was delirious. It was as if Patsy were asking her to fix a ripped seam. "Patsy said something like, "We didn't mean for that to happen'," Pam would say later. Pam couldn't say why, but she remembered feeling as if Patsy knew who killed JonBenét but was afraid to say. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Source: http://uss001.infi.net/denver/post/news/jon0216.htm
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

I remember reading this before, Little. Patsy's statement, "We didn't mean for that to happen," suggests to me that Patsy and John were involved in JonBenét's death.

It seems Pam was the one who helped Patsy solve whatever problems cropped up for her. She couldn't help her with this one!

15. Little

Little Member

How about Michael Tracey? Was he duped? Did he get involved over a mug of brew and an order of Susan Stine's special propaganda fries, lightly peppered with bs and a side sandwich of bologna?

Little

16. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I doubt he was duped. He thrives on sleaze like this.

17. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

It pays his bills.

18. Little

Little Member

older dancer several years his senior

Most of us know that Chris Wolf was tossed into the mix, but how about the person who pushed him, the "older dancer several years his senior"?

Source: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_914794,00.html

Has anyone ever heard more about her? Did she come into some money? Did she just hope to come into some money? Did she hope the, um, exposure, would enhance her dance career? Was she simply doing her civic duty?

Wow, maybe John could help him out since John feels this has had the same impact on his life.

Little

19. Little

Little Member

How about Jeff Shapiro?

How about Jeff Shapiro?

Source: Ramsey case figures find new lives
    Officers, others change careers, residences but can't forget death of 6-year-old JonBenet
    By Charlie Brennan
    Denver Rocky Mountain News Staff Writer
    http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/0606rams1.shtml

20. Elle

Elle Member

So Jeff Shapiro is now in cahoots with Michael Tracey? Good grief! At first I thought this may have been a present update, but realize this article was in 2001, and you're looking for an update yourself, Little. No, I haven't read anything about Chris Wolf in years.

Amazing how these murder suspects turned up very conveniently for Patsy and John Ramsey. I could just see them rubbing their hands with glee each time someone else saved their hides.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice