Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Why_Nut View Post
    I cannot see how the issue of libel suits would change. After all, any change would have come about if this whole to-do turned John into a private figure for whom libel laws would apply differently than they have to date. However, all it would take is for a defendant to say, "Your Honor, of COURSE John Ramsey is still a public figure, after all, when he gets an email virus a reporter is paid by a news organization which then expects to profit financially from the story about him, which is not what happens when private individuals suffer the same problem."

Nope, John is still a public figure, and as a public figure the public still has the right to discuss him as much as they wish, so long as they frame discussion as opinion and do not claim special factual knowledge which they cannot then subsequently prove in court.

Mary Lacy is not God (though she may think she is). She's not a judge. She has misused her power as DA to remove Ramsey from any further investigation while she is still DA. Her announcement is only good as long as she is still in office. Only a judge and jury have the right to proclaim anyone not guilty so that person can never again be tried for the same crime. The next DA, or another independent investigator, can very well put Ramsey right back under the umbrella.

It would appear that Ramsey is still fair game.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Mary Curtains Lacey should have been fired after the John Mark Karr fiasco, IMO.

I was listening to Peter Boyles this a.m. He made an excellent point (and he doesn't believe this BS either). He asked if Mary had the balls (his words) to do this new touch test on the rope/cord involved. He said she probably wouldn't and that he would even pay for the test.

He said this whole thing yesterday was not about JonBenet's murder. It is about clearing HER, Michael Tracey, Hunter etc. It is about her legacy. He said others he talked to were suspicious of the timing of this whole thing, mentioning her leaving office soon.

One other thing that was interesting. He had on Carol McKinley. She was being optimistic in the new DA taking office. She said she was told by some prosecutors that there was possibly a new chance to get something done in the case. She might have mentioned they had some kind of stuff they were sitting on to take to the new DA. She even mentioned a State Grand Jury being done. Peter wasn't that optimistic, saying the case was over with on 12-27-96.
    I despise the Ramseys and this is just my opinion

Peter Boyles is right, Thor. This is about clearing herself and her Ramsey groupie investigators. What a pathetic person she is.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Since the stager of the scene (a Ramsey imo) handled both the underpants and the longjohns, couldn't some DNA from the underwear have been transferred to the other garment that way?

With Lacy nowhaving 'cleared' the Ramseys, maybe she is hoping that then no independent proseuctior will ever be handed over the case and open the many cans of worms in showing the abysmal performance of Hunter & Co. there. In terms of abysmal performace, Lacy seems to have taken Hunter als role model.
    Last edited by rashomon; July 10, 2008, 11:51 am at Thu Jul 10 11:51:10 UTC 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Watching You View Post
    Peter Boyles is right, Thor. This is about clearing herself and her Ramsey groupie investigators. What a pathetic person she is.
    Exactly, she wants to pick up all the poop in her backyard before she vacates her house. How noble!

She should never have spoken out loud or gone out in public after the Karr fiasco.
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

Quote Originally Posted by Moab View Post
    Exactly, she wants to pick up all the poop in her backyard before she vacates her house. How noble!

She should never have spoken out loud or gone out in public after the Karr fiasco.
    Never mind Karr, she should never be out in public with that HAIR!
    PATSY RAMSEY WROTE THE RANSOM NOTE
    SHE WOULDN'T DO THAT FOR AN INTRUDER.
    PLEASE READ CHEROKEE'S ANALYSIS

http://66.98.176.96/~tricia/forums/s...ead.php?t=6404

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon View Post
    Since the stager of the scene (a Ramsey imo) handled both the underpants and the longjohns, couldn't some DNA from the underwear have been transferred to the other garment that way?
    Absolutely, YES.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Never mind Karr, she should never be out in public with that HAIR!
    Haha, Barbara, I've got steam coming out my ears, and you just took some of the pressure off. Way to go, lady.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Default Nancy Grace Transcripts

Either I am just missing it, or the last caller on Nancy's show was left out. She asked the question about transference. She wanted to know if when JB went to use the bathroom, if the skin cells could have FALLEN from the long johns, onto her panties...and the answer was NO. I taped it, I will go back and watch it again, and post it here. So, apparently they can't transfer by "FALLING"..but, I bet they can by one garment being against another that has the cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Watching You View Post
    Haha, Barbara, I've got steam coming out my ears, and you just took some of the pressure off. Way to go, lady.
    Glad I could help. At some point, humor has to have a turn or we'll all lose our mind or at the very least lose some valuable tears that could go to better use!

Today is one of those days that you just want to hate everyone. I come here often today to feel the love

I love you all
    PATSY RAMSEY WROTE THE RANSOM NOTE
    SHE WOULDN'T DO THAT FOR AN INTRUDER.
    PLEASE READ CHEROKEE'S ANALYSIS

http://66.98.176.96/~tricia/forums/s...ead.php?t=6404

Default Here it is....

Quote Originally Posted by AMES View Post
    Either I am just missing it, or the last caller on Nancy's show was left out. She asked the question about transference. She wanted to know if when JB went to use the bathroom, if the skin cells could have FALLEN from the long johns, onto her panties...and the answer was NO. I taped it, I will go back and watch it again, and post it here. So, apparently they can't transfer by "FALLING"..but, I bet they can by one garment being against another that has the cells.
    Nancy Grace: "Out to the lines its Tonya in Georgia, Hi Tonya."

Caller: "Hi Nancy, my question is, is it possible that the tough DNA that was found on her tights whenever she was going to the bathroom she maybe pulled her tights down and pulled them back up and it fell into her underwear?"

Nancy Grace: "What about it Angela Williamson, is that possible?"

Angela Williamson:" Its hard to comment without exactly knowing where the DNA in her underpants came from. DNA really doesn't fall unless its a fluid or some sort of...."(Interupted by Nancy).

Nancy Grace: "So, very unlikely."

Default For those who might not have read Mary Lacy's letter to John Ramsey

Page 1
    Attached Images Attached Images