Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Quote Originally Posted by Little View Post
    Just have to add my personal opinion here - Mr Hoyt really needs to put into practice what he's attempting to preach here. Mary Lacy took it completely upon herself to declare the Ramseys innocent - Mary Lacy and Mary Lacy alone. The "evidence" she is hiding behind does not and did not merit that action.
    COuld someone briefly sum up what the connection is between Hatfil and Lin Wood/Ramsey. I've seen numerous references to it by Candy & jameson but it hasn't been covered on the news here.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Default Unknown man in Ramsey case missing

I missed this one.

Unknown man in Ramsey case missing
    Theories include death, deviation from norm, incarceration
    Valerie Richardson
    Friday, July 11, 2008
    Denver - It's one thing to exonerate her parents, but it's another thing to find the killer of JonBenet Ramsey.
    Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy shifted the focus of the investigation from the Ramseys to the "intruder" theory Wednesday when she cleared family members of any involvement in the 1996 crime.

But the intruder, the adult male whose DNA was found on two items of JonBenet's clothing, remains as elusive as ever.

Boulder authorities have had a usable DNA sample, taken from JonBenet's underwear, for at least nine years, but have yet to find a match. The district attorney's office recently found a second sample, which matches the first, on the girl's leggings by using newly developed "touch DNA" technology.

When and if the killer strikes again, his DNA would presumably come up as a match on the national DNA data base, known as CODIS. Ordinarily, say experts, this wouldn't take long, since child sexual predators are known for their serial behavior.

"I can't imagine this was the first time," said Leigh Baker, director of the Trauma Treatment Center of Colorado. "It's a repetitive act. It's not done just once."

That's what's so baffling about the case, and one reason that suspicion stayed focused on the Ramsey family for so long. That someone could commit a crime as horrific as the JonBenet murder, and then fail to strike again for nearly 12 years, defies all that's known about the behavior of child sexual predators.

ASSOCIATED PRESS DNA taken from the clothes of murder victim JonBenet Ramsey in this undated family photo, have yet to find her killer, but new tests reveal the suspect is an adult male.

The killer's radical departure from the norm has led some experts to conclude he may be dead.

"The options are, number one, the perpetrator is dead; number two, the perpetrator has deviated from his usual M.O. The usual M.O. in these crimes is to strike and strike again," said Denver attorney Scott Robinson, an expert on the case.

"The third option is that the individual has struck again, but has neither been apprehended or left behind any usable DNA," he said. "He's been either too smart or too lucky to be caught."

James Cohen, law professor at Fordham University, broached another possibility: The perpetrator may have been incarcerated, but for a crime that doesn't resemble the Ramsey murder.

"Why didn't this person surface before, and if by some happenstance this was the first time, why hasn't it happened since?" Mr. Cohen said. "It's possible this person was in prison, but not for the same offense."

Sherryll Kraizer, a Denver-based author on child abuse, said child molesters on average will commit 225 to 300 assaults, although those figures are based on male pedophiles who prey on boys.

Another possibility is that the killer has left the country. "It's a mystery. I don't know if we'll ever know," Mr. Cohen said.

Meanwhile, some longtime followers of the case took issue with Mrs. Lacy's decision to clear the Ramsey family.

"I would be very skeptical from a scientific point of view. This doesn't make sense to exonerate anybody," said Dr. Michael Baden, a leading forensic scientist and host of the HBO documentary series "Autopsy," in an interview on KHOW-AM in Denver.

He said the DNA samples could have come from the clothing manufacturing process and could have been spread from one item to another. The DNA could have also come from medical or morgue personnel who were never tested.

Others accused Mrs. Lacy of trying to salvage her reputation after the John Mark Karr debacle. Two years ago, she flew in Mr. Karr from Thailand after he confessed to killing the 6-year-old girl. It was quickly determined he was not in Colorado at the time of the December 1996 murder.

"It's hard to have any confidence in Mary Lacy, especially after what happened with John Mark Karr," said co-host Craig Silverman, a former Denver prosecutor.
    Source: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-case-missing/
    No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. -Heraclitus Fragments c. 500 BC

Default Boulder DA exonerates Ramseys, then leaves office

I think I missed this one too?

Boulder DA exonerates Ramseys, then leaves office
    After killing John Ramsey's daughter, the killer demanded $118,000, which happened to be the exact sum of the bonus he received from his company earlier that year
    By Paul F. Campos
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008
    I don't know if any member of the Ramsey family was involved in the killing of JonBenet Ramsey, which puts me in exactly the same position as almost everyone else in the world -- a category that most emphatically includes Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy.

Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy. Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor. That at least is one explanation for the letter Lacy sent John Ramsey last week, absolving the Ramsey family of any involvement in the killing of his daughter, and apologizing for contributing "to the public perception that (anyone in the family) might have been involved."

The letter in effect declared the Ramseys innocent beyond a reasonable doubt. Under the circumstances, this is, to put it mildly, a bizarre conclusion.

Those circumstances include a great deal of evidence suggesting some sort of familial involvement in the crime. To believe otherwise requires accepting some version of the following theory:

Sometime between 10 p.m. Christmas night 1996 and the early hours of the next morning, an intruder slipped into the Ramseys' home, and, while the rest of the family slept, took JonBenet from her bedroom, sexually assaulted, bludgeoned, and strangled her, hid the body in a wine cellar in the basement, and then took the time to write both a draft and a final version of a three-page letter, demanding $118,000, which happened to be the exact sum of the bonus John Ramsey had received from his company earlier that year.

The killer then went back upstairs and placed the letter on a staircase, before slipping out into the night.
    Read entire article here: Source: http://www.speroforum.com/site/artic...+leaves+office
    No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. -Heraclitus Fragments c. 500 BC

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-case-missing/

"It's hard to have any confidence in Mary Lacy, especially after what happened with John Mark Karr," said co-host Craig Silverman, a former Denver prosecutor.
    No more to be said!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post

No more to be said!
    Amen Elle...AMEN!
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

Thanks for posting the articles, Little. IMO, the following excerpts deserve to be repeated in boldface.

http://www.speroforum.com/site/artic...+leaves+office

Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy. Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor. That at least is one explanation for the letter Lacy sent John Ramsey last week, absolving the Ramsey family of any involvement in the killing of his daughter, and apologizing for contributing "to the public perception that (anyone in the family) might have been involved."

The letter in effect declared the Ramseys innocent beyond a reasonable doubt. Under the circumstances, this is, to put it mildly, a bizarre conclusion.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-case-missing/

Meanwhile, some longtime followers of the case took issue with Mrs. Lacy's decision to clear the Ramsey family.

"I would be very skeptical from a scientific point of view. This doesn't make sense to exonerate anybody," said Dr. Michael Baden, a leading forensic scientist and host of the HBO documentary series "Autopsy," in an interview on KHOW-AM in Denver.

He said the DNA samples could have come from the clothing manufacturing process and could have been spread from one item to another. The DNA could have also come from medical or morgue personnel who were never tested.

Others accused Mrs. Lacy of trying to salvage her reputation after the John Mark Karr debacle. Two years ago, she flew in Mr. Karr from Thailand after he confessed to killing the 6-year-old girl. It was quickly determined he was not in Colorado at the time of the December 1996 murder.

I wrote this yesterday at topix and I decided it sums up my opinion on this "clearing" of the Ramseys forevermore, so I'm repeating it here and putting it on my signature:

Tell you what: when Mary Lacy is OFFICIALLY declared Judge and Jury by Letter Writing and Press Release, by LAW written and upheld by the CONGRESS, SUPREME COURT, AND POPE RAMSEY, then let me know and I'll be happy to CONFESS to THE CRIME OF HAVING A CRIMINAL OPINION that Mary Lacy has no ability to CLEAR anyone except in Ramseyland.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    I wrote this yesterday at topix and I decided it sums up my opinion on this "clearing" of the Ramseys forevermore, so I'm repeating it here and putting it on my signature:

Tell you what: when Mary Lacy is OFFICIALLY declared Judge and Jury by Letter Writing and Press Release, by LAW written and upheld by the CONGRESS, SUPREME COURT, AND POPE RAMSEY, then let me know and I'll be happy to CONFESS to THE CRIME OF HAVING A CRIMINAL OPINION that Mary Lacy has no ability to CLEAR anyone except in Ramseyland.
    Trust me, koldkase. When this new book comes out, she'll get hers and then some!
    They should all drown in lakes of blood. Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night.

Oh, you tease you! I can't wait!

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.