Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who is DA Mary Lacy's immediate superior?

I keep asking this and my post gets soundly ignored for some reason. I realize Mary Lacy is an elected official therefore she must answer to the people who elected her. But she is not the top of the political totem pole, I would think. When it comes down to it, she's actually only just the DA. So who is the the next highest official? Bad DA's are dealt with by someone. Who is that someone? Who does Mary Lacy answer to?

Default Karen

Don't trust me on this, but I think it's Lin Wood.

This might vary from place to place, but I think that oftentimes a DA answers to a County Board. Also, it's my understanding that State Attorney Generals' powers supercede those of District Attorneys. I don't know if DAs answer to State AGs, though.

I don't know how it works in CO. Maybe the Governor would be who Lacy must answer to.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000 Sparks View Post
    Sparks is right.

I don't know, but I think 1000 Sparks is most likely right.

Have yall seen the forthcoming Boulder D.A.'s website?

http://www.garnettforda.com/

He has a quote from US Supreme Court Justice, and Attorney General under FDR, Robert Jackson on it.

"The prosecutor has more control over life, liberty and reputation than any other person in America . While the prosecutor at his best is one of the most beneficent forces in our society, when he acts from malice or other base motives, he is one of the worst . The citizen’s safety lies in the prosecutor who tempers zeal with human kindness, who seeks truth and not victims, who serves the law and not factional purposes, and who approaches his task with humility. "
    This post, unless it is a legal court document, may not be carried in part, or in its entirety to any other discussion forum or bulletin board without the express written consent of the party who wrote it. It is proprietary to the author and to www.forumsforjustice.org. Violators will be reported to their Internet Service Providers.

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

LOL - in pure Sparky style!

If not Lin, then I'd guess the Attorney General?!
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Good one, Sparky.

No, we need to find some way to get the State Attorney General to take some action.
    They should all drown in lakes of blood. Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

I think a city District Attorney answers to the State Attorney General.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    I think a city District Attorney answers to the State Attorney General.
    Legally, you are correct DeeDee. In reality, Sparky you are correct.

Lacy answers to Lin Wood. If she can extract her lips from his rear long enough to jump through whatever hoop he wants.

I can only imagine the complaints the A.G. has received about Lacy. I have no idea if it will do any good. Doubt it.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

Too true.

Ah Sparky, I hope you feel this great big hug I'm sending. I LOVE your sense of humor.

Well, I do trust you, and unfortunately, you are correct. It's obvious Mary Lacy answers to NO ONE but Ramsey attorneys, Lin Wood and Hal Haddon.

After Lacy's John Mark Karr debacle, she should have been removed from office, but did anything happen? No. Did Lacy even receive a formal censure? A bad conduct report? Her name written on the blackboard? Nope. Not one thing happened to make Mary Lacy wake up and realize she is not God.

Oh yes, there was the usual public outcry against Lacy's incompetence and stupidity, but nothing happened. No one in power did a d*mn thing. So, since Lacy got away with it the first time, she upped the ante and reached even further into her bag of tricks, pulling out what she "BELIEVES" (her quote, not mine) to be a magic invisible DNA cloak!

Boulder DA Lacy donned this invisible cloak with the invisible gold DNA threads, and is now parading it all over the country, so proud to look like the royalty she is. Unfortunately, what Lacy doesn't realize is that the DA has no clothes, and she has exposed herself (and her idiocy) once again.

All true Cherokee. I was just wondering if someone could go over her head to complain. If that person got a barrage of emails and snail maill and phone calls maybe something would be done. But i think since Lacy is a short timer nobody will do anything. By the time they looked into it, you know how red tape is, she would be out of office anyway. She sure planned her exit strategy well and considered the time frame. I think this was planned well in advance, regardless of any DNA results. It was going to happen all along, DNA or no DNA.