Who is DA Mary Lacy's immediate superior?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Karen, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Karen

Karen Member

I keep asking this and my post gets soundly ignored for some reason. I realize Mary Lacy is an elected official therefore she must answer to the people who elected her. But she is not the top of the political totem pole, I would think. When it comes down to it, she's actually only just the DA. So who is the the next highest official? Bad DA's are dealt with by someone. Who is that someone? Who does Mary Lacy answer to?

2. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

Karen

Don't trust me on this, but I think it's Lin Wood.

3. Tril

Tril Member

This might vary from place to place, but I think that oftentimes a DA answers to a County Board. Also, it's my understanding that State Attorney Generals' powers supercede those of District Attorneys. I don't know if DAs answer to State AGs, though.

I don't know how it works in CO. Maybe the Governor would be who Lacy must answer to.

4. sboyd

sboyd Member

Sparks is right.

5. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I don't know, but I think 1000 Sparks is most likely right.

:yes:

Have yall seen the forthcoming Boulder D.A.'s website?

http://www.garnettforda.com/

He has a quote from US Supreme Court Justice, and Attorney General under FDR, Robert Jackson on it.

"The prosecutor has more control over life, liberty and reputation than any other person in America . While the prosecutor at his best is one of the most beneficent forces in our society, when he acts from malice or other base motives, he is one of the worst . The citizen’s safety lies in the prosecutor who tempers zeal with human kindness, who seeks truth and not victims, who serves the law and not factional purposes, and who approaches his task with humility. "

6. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

LOL - in pure Sparky style!

If not Lin, then I'd guess the Attorney General?!

7. Karen

Karen Member

:laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup:

8. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Good one, Sparky.

No, we need to find some way to get the State Attorney General to take some action.

9. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I think a city District Attorney answers to the State Attorney General.

10. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Legally, you are correct DeeDee. In reality, Sparky you are correct.

Lacy answers to Lin Wood. If she can extract her lips from his rear long enough to jump through whatever hoop he wants.

I can only imagine the complaints the A.G. has received about Lacy. I have no idea if it will do any good. Doubt it.

11. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

:rolling: Too true.

Ah Sparky, I hope you feel this great big hug I'm sending. I LOVE your sense of humor.

Well, I do trust you, and unfortunately, you are correct. It's obvious Mary Lacy answers to NO ONE but Ramsey attorneys, Lin Wood and Hal Haddon.

After Lacy's John Mark Karr debacle, she should have been removed from office, but did anything happen? No. Did Lacy even receive a formal censure? A bad conduct report? Her name written on the blackboard? Nope. Not one thing happened to make Mary Lacy wake up and realize she is not God.

Oh yes, there was the usual public outcry against Lacy's incompetence and stupidity, but nothing happened. No one in power did a d*mn thing. So, since Lacy got away with it the first time, she upped the ante and reached even further into her bag of tricks, pulling out what she "BELIEVES" (her quote, not mine) to be a magic invisible DNA cloak!

Boulder DA Lacy donned this invisible cloak with the invisible gold DNA threads, and is now parading it all over the country, so proud to look like the royalty she is. Unfortunately, what Lacy doesn't realize is that the DA has no clothes, and she has exposed herself (and her idiocy) once again.

12. Karen

Karen Member

All true Cherokee. I was just wondering if someone could go over her head to complain. If that person got a barrage of emails and snail maill and phone calls maybe something would be done. But i think since Lacy is a short timer nobody will do anything. By the time they looked into it, you know how red tape is, she would be out of office anyway. She sure planned her exit strategy well and considered the time frame. I think this was planned well in advance, regardless of any DNA results. It was going to happen all along, DNA or no DNA.

13. Cherokee

At first, I wondered the same thing, Karen. Then I realized if nothing was done to Mary Lacy for the John Mark Karr fiasco, then nothing would be done this time either; especially, as you said, since it is almost the end of Lacy's term.

It's obvious that Lacy planned to "clear" the Ramseys toward the end of her time in office, and there wouldn't be one thing anyone could do about it. What are they going to do? Fire her? Tell her to resign?

In addition, as you said, by the time there was an investigation, Lacy would be long gone into private practice and a cushy job obtained for her by Lin Wood and/or Hal Haddon.

Lacy wasted thousands and thousands of Boulder County taxpayer money on John Mark Karr, and has wasted even more on this most recent attempt to clear the Ramseys.

The Ramseys have had Mary Lacy in their pocket since Day One. She has NEVER even tried to seem impartial.

1. Lacy called John Ramsey sometime in December 2002 after the Boulder District Attorney’s Office assumed responsibility for the investigation of the JonBenet Ramsey homicide. The investigation had been moved to the DA's Office because the Ramseys threatened to sue Boulder for millions of dollars if the investigation wasn't taken away from the Boulder Police Department and given to DA Mary Lacy. Mary Lacy told John Ramsey she was the answer to their prayers (per John's Hawaii interview on Easter weekend of 2006).

2. After Judge Carnes was given only the Ramsey side of the story according to Lin Wood in the Chris Wolf civil suit (because Darnay Hoffman didn't bother to show up), Carnes issued her worthless opinion as to the viability of an intruder on March 31, 2003. Days later, Mary Lacy PUBLICALLY endorsed Carnes ruling in favor of an intruder even though she was the sitting Boulder DA at the time.

3. On June 29, 2006, Lacy attended Patsy's funeral at her own expense "as a friend."

4. In August of 2006, Lacy admitted she had not read all the Ramsey case files, but relied on Ramsey friends, Lou Smit, and Michael Tracey, for their slant on Ramsey case information, which is why she arrested John Mark Karr who had never even been to Boulder on August 16, 2006.

Unbelieveably, Lacy obviously had not even read the PUBLICALLY RELEASED autopsy report that stated JonBenet had a "yellow metal identification bracelet with the name 'JonBenet' on one side" on her wrist. Lacy thought that Karr knowing this was only information the perp would know, and was one of the main reasons she gave for arresting him.

4. Lacy admitted in August of 2006 she knew less about the Ramsey case than most internet posters. She used this as an excuse as to why she arrested the wrong man.

5. Lacy stated on August 28, 2006 that the partial DNA found JonBenet's underwear could be an "artifact" and not related to the crime scene.

6. Lacy also stated in August of 2006 that no prosecutor should clear anyone until there had been a conviction at trial.

7. On July 9, 2008, Lacy went against BOTH of her statements and publically "cleared" her friends, the Ramseys, and issued a fawning and unprofessional apology.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  14. Karen

Karen Member

Yep she knew it was wrong and that's why she waited until her term was almost over because she knew nobody would do anything about it. There wouldn't be enough time. No superior that is. All of this was very carefully thought out and planned.

In an interview the day it happened Larry Schiller said he knew this was going to happen a month ago. He didn't say how he knew. I wonder then if John Ramsey also knew a month ago?

15. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I also remember how she quoted him during the Karr fiasco - like he was some kind of guru. I think it's one thing to give the same advice if it's good advice, but this sounded like cronyism to me:-

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-08-18-attorney-ramsey_x.htm

16. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Who is Mary Lacy's immediate superior?

:devil: SATAN :devil:

17. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

Chero, this is a really excellent summation of Mary Lacy's chronic love fest with the Ramseys. It should be in a newspaper column somewhere. Tricia, maybe this could go on the Shame on Mary Lacy thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2008
  18. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I agree. Excellent, Chero, and it should be on the FRONT page.

19. Karen

Karen Member

I agree! We should put this post to good use somehow.

20. Cherokee

During John's latest book tour and all the press releases, we had to read the dishonest fiction that the Ramseys had been CLEARED in the death of JonBenet. It made me sick every time I read about Mary Lacy's boot-licking, bogus exhoneration! Since many more people have recently been exposed to that lie, I thought we should revisit Mary Lacy's unprofessional and incestuous relationship with the main suspects in a case she was supposed to be investigating.

Furthermore, I want to emphasize the fact the Mary Lacy knew NOTHING about the case other than what the Ramsey lackeys (Smit and Tracey) told her! Mary Lacy said John Mark Karr was arrested because he knew something about JonBenet that only the perp could have known. Everyone wondered what it could be. Days later, Mary Lacy stated the secret detail was that JonBenet was wearing a gold bracelet. Ramsey case followers were stunned and incredulous because they had known that information for years! The fact that JonBenet was wearing a gold bracelet at the time of her death had not only been released in JonBenet's official autopsy report but also to the public by none other than the Rocky Mountain News on August 14, 1997!

http://www.acandyrose.com/crimescene-thebody.htm

How could Mary Lacy have not known this? How could she, as the main Ramsey investigator, not have read JonBenet's autopsy report and not know a pubicly-released detail that every case follower knew? The answer: Mary Lacy has NEVER researched the Ramsey case or looked at it with unbiased eyes. Her sole purpose was always to somehow find a way to exonerate the Ramseys, and she only relied on Ramsey minions to tell her information about the case. Mary Lacy REFUSED to entertain any scenario but that of an intruder. Her bias and stupidity can be summed up in one word - BRACELET!

Here is a photo of JonBenet's bracelet that she was wearing when she died. She was also wearing a ring on the middle finger of her right hand. In the autopsy photos, the bracelet is either hidden by the cuff of her long-sleeve shirt, or had already been removed, but its presence on JonBenet's right wrist is noted in Dr. Meyer's autopsy report. These photos and the public release of the information was known almost TEN years before John Mark Karr was arrested, yet Mary Lacy was oblivious to their existence.

That lack of knowledge was by design. Mary Lacy has never wanted to know ANYTHING that would incriminate the Ramseys, but has always looked for a way to invent an intruder, which is why she pulled the "touch DNA" scam just before she left office with no questions allowed.

The next time you read the Ramseys were cleared, think about who did it and why. It's the same person who arrested a man for a "secret" only he and thousands of other people knew!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice