Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

At first, I wondered the same thing, Karen. Then I realized if nothing was done to Mary Lacy for the John Mark Karr fiasco, then nothing would be done this time either; especially, as you said, since it is almost the end of Lacy's term.

It's obvious that Lacy planned to "clear" the Ramseys toward the end of her time in office, and there wouldn't be one thing anyone could do about it. What are they going to do? Fire her? Tell her to resign?

In addition, as you said, by the time there was an investigation, Lacy would be long gone into private practice and a cushy job obtained for her by Lin Wood and/or Hal Haddon.

Lacy wasted thousands and thousands of Boulder County taxpayer money on John Mark Karr, and has wasted even more on this most recent attempt to clear the Ramseys.

The Ramseys have had Mary Lacy in their pocket since Day One. She has NEVER even tried to seem impartial.

1. Lacy called John Ramsey sometime in December 2002 after the Boulder District Attorney’s Office assumed responsibility for the investigation of the JonBenet Ramsey homicide. The investigation had been moved to the DA's Office because the Ramseys threatened to sue Boulder for millions of dollars if the investigation wasn't taken away from the Boulder Police Department and given to DA Mary Lacy. Mary Lacy told John Ramsey she was the answer to their prayers (per John's Hawaii interview on Easter weekend of 2006).

2. After Judge Carnes was given only the Ramsey side of the story according to Lin Wood in the Chris Wolf civil suit (because Darnay Hoffman didn't bother to show up), Carnes issued her worthless opinion as to the viability of an intruder on March 31, 2003. Days later, Mary Lacy PUBLICALLY endorsed Carnes ruling in favor of an intruder even though she was the sitting Boulder DA at the time.

3. On June 29, 2006, Lacy attended Patsy's funeral at her own expense "as a friend."

4. In August of 2006, Lacy admitted she had not read all the Ramsey case files, but relied on Ramsey friends, Lou Smit, and Michael Tracey, for their slant on Ramsey case information, which is why she arrested John Mark Karr who had never even been to Boulder on August 16, 2006.

Unbelieveably, Lacy obviously had not even read the PUBLICALLY RELEASED autopsy report that stated JonBenet had a "yellow metal identification bracelet with the name 'JonBenet' on one side" on her wrist. Lacy thought that Karr knowing this was only information the perp would know, and was one of the main reasons she gave for arresting him.

4. Lacy admitted in August of 2006 she knew less about the Ramsey case than most internet posters. She used this as an excuse as to why she arrested the wrong man.

5. Lacy stated on August 28, 2006 that the partial DNA found JonBenet's underwear could be an "artifact" and not related to the crime scene.

6. Lacy also stated in August of 2006 that no prosecutor should clear anyone until there had been a conviction at trial.

7. On July 9, 2008, Lacy went against BOTH of her statements and publically "cleared" her friends, the Ramseys, and issued a fawning and unprofessional apology.
    Last edited by Cherokee; July 14, 2008, 5:05 pm at Mon Jul 14 17:05:53 UTC 2008. Reason: add dates

Yep she knew it was wrong and that's why she waited until her term was almost over because she knew nobody would do anything about it. There wouldn't be enough time. No superior that is. All of this was very carefully thought out and planned.

In an interview the day it happened Larry Schiller said he knew this was going to happen a month ago. He didn't say how he knew. I wonder then if John Ramsey also knew a month ago?

I also remember how she quoted him during the Karr fiasco - like he was some kind of guru. I think it's one thing to give the same advice if it's good advice, but this sounded like cronyism to me:-

District Attorney Mary Lacy refused to say whether authorities have evidence linking Karr to JonBenet's death at her Boulder home on Dec. 26, 1996.

"We should all heed the poignant advice of John Ramsey," said Lacy, quoting the girl's father. "Do not jump to conclusions, do not rush to judgment, do not speculate. Let the justice system take its course."
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...y-ramsey_x.htm
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Who is Mary Lacy's immediate superior?

SATAN

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    At first, I wondered the same thing, Karen. Then I realized if nothing was done to Mary Lacy for the John Mark Karr fiasco, then nothing would be done this time either; especially, as you said, since it is almost the end of Lacy's term.

It's obvious that Lacy planned to "clear" the Ramseys toward the end of her time in office, and there wouldn't be one thing anyone could do about it. What are they going to do? Fire her? Tell her to resign?

In addition, as you said, by the time there was an investigation, Lacy would be long gone into private practice and a cushy job obtained for her by Lin Wood and/or Hal Haddon.

Lacy wasted thousands and thousands of Boulder County taxpayer money on John Mark Karr, and has wasted even more on this most recent attempt to clear the Ramseys.

The Ramseys have had Mary Lacy in their pocket since Day One. She has NEVER even tried to seem impartial.

1. Lacy called John Ramsey sometime in December 2002 after the Boulder District Attorney’s Office assumed responsibility for the investigation of the JonBenet Ramsey homicide. The investigation had been moved to the DA's Office because the Ramseys threatened to sue Boulder for millions of dollars if the investigation wasn't taken away from the Boulder Police Department and given to DA Mary Lacy. Mary Lacy told John Ramsey she was the answer to their prayers (per John's Hawaii interview on Easter weekend of 2006).

2. After Judge Carnes was given only the Ramsey side of the story according to Lin Wood in the Chris Wolf civil suit (because Darnay Hoffman didn't bother to show up), Carnes issued her worthless opinion as to the viability of an intruder on March 31, 2003. Days later, Mary Lacy PUBLICALLY endorsed Carnes ruling in favor of an intruder even though she was the sitting Boulder DA at the time.

3. On June 29, 2006, Lacy attended Patsy's funeral at her own expense "as a friend."

4. In August of 2006, Lacy admitted she had not read all the Ramsey case files, but relied on Ramsey friends, Lou Smit, and Michael Tracey, for their slant on Ramsey case information, which is why she arrested John Mark Karr who had never even been to Boulder on August 16, 2006.

Unbelieveably, Lacy obviously had not even read the PUBLICALLY RELEASED autopsy report that stated JonBenet had a "yellow metal identification bracelet with the name 'JonBenet' on one side" on her wrist. Lacy thought that Karr knowing this was only information the perp would know, and was one of the main reasons she gave for arresting him.

4. Lacy admitted in August of 2006 she knew less about the Ramsey case than most internet posters. She used this as an excuse as to why she arrested the wrong man.

5. Lacy stated on August 28, 2006 that the partial DNA found JonBenet's underwear could be an "artifact" and not related to the crime scene.

6. Lacy also stated in August of 2006 that no prosecutor should clear anyone until there had been a conviction at trial.

7. On July 9, 2008, Lacy went against BOTH of her statements and publically "cleared" her friends, the Ramseys, and issued a fawning and unprofessional apology.
    Chero, this is a really excellent summation of Mary Lacy's chronic love fest with the Ramseys. It should be in a newspaper column somewhere. Tricia, maybe this could go on the Shame on Mary Lacy thread.
    Last edited by Cherokee; July 14, 2008, 5:07 pm at Mon Jul 14 17:07:29 UTC 2008. Reason: add dates

I agree. Excellent, Chero, and it should be on the FRONT page.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    I agree. Excellent, Chero, and it should be on the FRONT page.
    I agree! We should put this post to good use somehow.

During John's latest book tour and all the press releases, we had to read the dishonest fiction that the Ramseys had been CLEARED in the death of JonBenet. It made me sick every time I read about Mary Lacy's boot-licking, bogus exhoneration! Since many more people have recently been exposed to that lie, I thought we should revisit Mary Lacy's unprofessional and incestuous relationship with the main suspects in a case she was supposed to be investigating.

Furthermore, I want to emphasize the fact the Mary Lacy knew NOTHING about the case other than what the Ramsey lackeys (Smit and Tracey) told her! Mary Lacy said John Mark Karr was arrested because he knew something about JonBenet that only the perp could have known. Everyone wondered what it could be. Days later, Mary Lacy stated the secret detail was that JonBenet was wearing a gold bracelet. Ramsey case followers were stunned and incredulous because they had known that information for years! The fact that JonBenet was wearing a gold bracelet at the time of her death had not only been released in JonBenet's official autopsy report but also to the public by none other than the Rocky Mountain News on August 14, 1997!

http://www.acandyrose.com/crimescene-thebody.htm

How could Mary Lacy have not known this? How could she, as the main Ramsey investigator, not have read JonBenet's autopsy report and not know a pubicly-released detail that every case follower knew? The answer: Mary Lacy has NEVER researched the Ramsey case or looked at it with unbiased eyes. Her sole purpose was always to somehow find a way to exonerate the Ramseys, and she only relied on Ramsey minions to tell her information about the case. Mary Lacy REFUSED to entertain any scenario but that of an intruder. Her bias and stupidity can be summed up in one word - BRACELET!

Here is a photo of JonBenet's bracelet that she was wearing when she died. She was also wearing a ring on the middle finger of her right hand. In the autopsy photos, the bracelet is either hidden by the cuff of her long-sleeve shirt, or had already been removed, but its presence on JonBenet's right wrist is noted in Dr. Meyer's autopsy report. These photos and the public release of the information was known almost TEN years before John Mark Karr was arrested, yet Mary Lacy was oblivious to their existence.

That lack of knowledge was by design. Mary Lacy has never wanted to know ANYTHING that would incriminate the Ramseys, but has always looked for a way to invent an intruder, which is why she pulled the "touch DNA" scam just before she left office with no questions allowed.

The next time you read the Ramseys were cleared, think about who did it and why. It's the same person who arrested a man for a "secret" only he and thousands of other people knew!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Cherokee; June 12, 2012, 8:32 pm at Tue Jun 12 20:32:53 UTC 2012. Reason: fix typos

How sad it is, Cherokee to see such a happy photograph of this beautiful little girl, then three days later she was killed. I noticed an impression of something broader than the bracelet she's wearing - just below the wrist of JonBenét's right hand. I wonder what caused this?
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

During John's latest book tour and all the press releases, we had to read the dishonest fiction that the Ramseys had been CLEARED in the death of JonBenet. It made me sick every time I read about Mary Lacy's boot-licking, bogus exhoneration! Since many more people have recently been exposed to that lie, I thought we should revisit Mary Lacy's unprofessional and incestuous relationship with the main suspects in a case she was supposed to be investigating.

Furthermore, I want to emphasize the fact the Mary Lacy knew NOTHING about the case other than what the Ramsey lackeys (Smit and Tracey) told her! Mary Lacy said John Mark Karr was arrested because he knew something about JonBenet that only the perp could have known. Everyone wondered what it could be. Days later, Mary Lacy stated the secret detail was that JonBenet was wearing a gold bracelet. Ramsey case followers were stunned and incredulous because they had known that information for years! The fact that JonBenet was wearing a gold bracelet at the time of her death had not only been released in JonBenet's official autopsy report but also to the public by none other than the Rocky Mountain News on August 14, 1997!

http://www.acandyrose.com/crimescene-thebody.htm

How could Mary Lacy have not known this? How could she, as the main Ramsey investigator, not have read JonBenet's autopsy report and not know a pubicly-released detail that every case follower knew? The answer: Mary Lacy has NEVER researched the Ramsey case or looked at it with unbiased eyes. Her sole purpose was always to somehow find a way to exonerate the Ramseys, and she only relied on Ramsey minions to tell her information about the case. Mary Lacy REFUSED to entertain any scenario but that of an intruder. Her bias and stupidity can be summed up in one word - BRACELET!

Here is a photo of JonBenet's bracelet that she was wearing when she died. She was also wearing a ring on the middle finger of her right hand. In the autopsy photos, the bracelet is either hidden by the cuff of her long-sleeve shirt, or had already been removed, but its presence on JonBenet's right wrist is noted in Dr. Meyer's autopsy report. These photos and the public release of the information was known almost TEN years before John Mark Karr was arrested, yet Mary Lacy was oblivious to their existence.

That lack of knowledge was by design. Mary Lacy has never wanted to know ANYTHING that would incriminate the Ramseys, but has always looked for a way to invent an intruder, which is why she pulled the "touch DNA" scam just before she left office with no questions allowed.

The next time you read the Ramseys were cleared, think about who did it and why. It's the same person who arrested a man for a "secret" only he and thousands of other people knew!
    Well said, as usual, Cherokee. “Mary Lacy's boot-licking, bogus exhoneration!” LOL
    I laugh every time I hear some media report that the Ramseys were exonerated by Lacy in 2008. The fact of the matter is that they were unofficially exonerated the moment that Mary Lacy took office, she just took a few years before making it “official.”

"John and Patsy Ramsey have asked the Boulder County district attorney to find another police agency to investigate fresh leads into their daughter JonBenet's Christmas 1996 slaying."
    "If that doesn't happen, the Ramseys may sue to force the Boulder Police Department to turn its case over to another agency, L. Lin Wood, the family's attorney, said Monday."

Daily Camera, Matt Sebastian, October 29, 2002

And

"Wood said he expects to file a civil lawsuit against the Boulder Police Department by the end of the year seeking compensatory damages for the Ramseys, and possibly seeking to transfer the investigation to another law enforcement agency."
    Daily Camera, Katherine Vogt (Associated Press) November 20, 2002

One month later…

Based on the above and after consultation with Chief Beckner, I have made a decision to conduct further investigation from within my office, using our investigative resources.
    We will work cooperatively with Lou Smit, the Ramseys, and the Boulder Police Department.
    Please understand that this decision is being made for one reason only, the fact that a violent child murderer is at large
    Mary Keenan, Letter to Lin Wood, December 20, 2002

Lin Wood: "Well, I think the timing of the decision on Friday may have been affected by my letter. I did write Mary Keenan. I've been trying for over three and a half years as the attorney for John and Patsy Ramsey to get this case out of the hands of the Boulder Police Department
    NBC Today Show, Katie Couric interview with Lin Wood, Dec 23, 2002

"Keenan said Monday she agrees with a federal judge (Carnes) in Atlanta that the evidence points to an intruder, not the 6-year-old beauty queen's parents, as the girl's killer."
    Denver Post, Marilyn Robinson, Apr 08, 2003

"Ramsey attorney L. Lin Wood of Atlanta said Keenan's statement removes the long-standing "umbrella of suspicion" over the couple."
    "This means that the nightmare that John and Patsy Ramsey have lived with, of being falsely accused of the murder of their daughter, is finally over," Wood said. "And, from the lawyer's perspective, the days of anyone accusing my clients of murder are also over."

Rocky Mountain News, Owen S. Good, Apr 08, 2003

"But Carnes' ruling was based only on the facts presented by the Ramseys and their lawyer, L. Lin Wood, and Wolf and his lawyer, Darnay Hoffman - and not on a comprehensive review of investigators' 40,000-plus pages of evidence.”
    Rocky Mountain News, Charlie Brennan. Apr 25, 2003

District Attorney Mary Keenan went public April 7 with her belief that evidence in the JonBenet Ramsey case points to an intruder as the killer - not Patsy Ramsey.
    But sources familiar with Keenan and the case say this isn't a new view for Boulder's top prosecutor. Keenan, in fact, has supported the intruder theory for nearly five years, dating to the summer of 1998, according to the sources.
    It's not only law enforcement sources who say Keenan has long been a proponent of the intruder theory.
    [SNIP]
    One source involved in those sessions recalls being told by colleagues that Keenan chided Haney for being too tough on Patsy Ramsey.
    "Mary really had her nose in it, and thought that the Ramseys were being really pushed around,"
    said another key law enforcement source.
    Former Boulder police Detective Steve Thomas, who quit the department in 1998, wrote a book detailing his theory that Patsy Ramsey hit JonBenet in a flash of anger over bed-wetting. He eventually reached an out-of-court settlement after they sued him for his comments.
    In one section of his book, he wrote: "Alex Hunter said that he thought Patsy Ramsey was involved. That was more than offset by comments from his staff. Deputy DA Mary Keenan said the body language of John and Patsy wasn't suggestive of deception, and that men were not in a position to judge Patsy Ramsey's demeanor."

Rocky Mountain News, Charlie Brennan, April 25, 2003
    Last edited by Cherokee; June 12, 2012, 8:34 pm at Tue Jun 12 20:34:10 UTC 2012. Reason: fix Cherokee's typos

In addition to impressing Lacy with his knowledge of, (publicly available,) “secrets,” (LOL,) what makes the whole event even more incredible is that even though Karr littered his “confession” with elements that were completely untrue, Lacy continued to lap it up.
    Here is an example:

“Karr added he placed underwear or "knickers" onto JonBenet that he brought with him. The underwear brought by Karr was several sizes too large for JonBenet.”
    If this isn’t a red flag that this guy is lying, I don’t know what is. There is, of course, no doubt whatsoever, that the panties that JBR was found in were panties that were purchased by Patsy Ramsey and not brought into the home by an outside party.

Q. (By Mr. Levin) Well, let's start with what - I will make it very simple for you, Mrs. Ramsey. What information are you in possession of or what do you know about the underwear that your daughter was wearing at the time she was found murdered?
    A. I have heard that she had on a pair of Bloomie's that said Wednesday on them.
    Q. The underwear that she was wearing, that is Bloomie's panties, do you know where they come from as far as what store?
    A. Bloomingdale’s in New York.
    Q. Who purchased those?
    A. I did.
    Q. Do you recall when you purchased them?
    A. It was, I think, November of '96.

[SNIP]
    Q. (By Mr. Morrissey) And you understand the reason we are asking this, we want to make sure that this intruder did not bring these panties with him, this was something –
    A. Right.
    Q. - that was in the house.
    A. Yes.
    Q. And we are clear that, as far as you know, that is something that was in this house?
    17 A. Yes.
    Q. -- that belonged to your daughter, these panties?
    A. Correct.

Patsy Ramsey interview August 28, 2000

Also, Karr expects us to believe that he just waltzed into JBR’s room and proceeded to essentially go on a little “date” with her in the basement. JonBenet allegedly goes along with this, offering no resistance.
    “Karr said he waited until he believed all occupants of the home were asleep then entered into JonBenet’s bedroom obtained her from her bed as she was sleeping and carried the sleeping child down a stairwell into a basement level room. Within the room JonBenet was placed on his lap and he spoke with her and stroked her hair.”

How could Mary Lacy have not known this? How could she, as the main Ramsey investigator, not have read JonBenet's autopsy report and not know a pubicly-released detail that every case follower knew?
    The JMK affair showed that Lacy was not a crack investigator, but rather, an investigator on crack.
    Last edited by cynic; June 13, 2012, 12:54 am at Wed Jun 13 0:54:17 UTC 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    How sad it is, Cherokee to see such a happy photograph of this beautiful little girl, then three days later she was killed. I noticed an impression of something broader than the bracelet she's wearing - just below the wrist of JonBenét's right hand. I wonder what caused this?
    If you are referring to the faint red impression in the autopsy picture, one possibility is that it could have been from whatever was used, (rubber band, string, or tape,) to secure the paper bags around JonBenet's hands, .

From the autopsy report:
    EVIDENCE: Items turned over to the Boulder Police Department as evidence include: Fibers and hair from clothing and body surfaces; ligatures; clothing;
    [SNIP]
    paper bags from hands, fingernail clippings, jewelry, paper bags from feet; white body bag; sample of head hear, eyelashes and eyebrows; swabs from right and left thighs and right cheek;
    [SNIP]
    Last edited by cynic; June 13, 2012, 1:40 am at Wed Jun 13 1:40:37 UTC 2012.