Garnett will take over JonBenet Ramsey slaying case in January

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Little

Little Member

read entire article here: http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008/jul/14/ramsey-slaying-garnett-will-be-third-da-on-case/

2. heymom

heymom Member

No changes expected there, then. He's a good Boulder Colorado Democrat.

3. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

He said a mouthful here - they are two very different things. Not knowing who did what stonewalled this case from the beginning.

"...the DA’s job is to take a very thoughtful, careful and clear-eyed view of the evidence and what can be proven in court".

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Well, the DA's job should also be to LOOK AT ALL THE EVIDENCE AND CASE FILES and we all know what a "great" job Lacy did at that. It's as if she went out of her way NOT to know all the evidence, because that might make her see the possibility that these people did kill their child, and she had already made up her mind that they didn't.

5. Tril

Tril Member

Originally posted by Heymom:
    There are always going to be some stinkers in both of the two major political parties. For instance, John Ramsey had planned to run for the Michigan state legislature as a Republican.

Political preferences aside, I am keeping my fingers crossed that the new Boulder DA gets busy on this case and provides justice for JonBenet.

6. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Boy, you said it. I mean, God forbid she might make a mistake and forget to kiss their butts.

7. heymom

heymom Member

It's not really about the party itself, it's about the structure of justice in Colorado - the Dems have owned Colorado for years, and the progressives in Boulder belong to that party. Not saying that either party can't have bad apples, but the one in power in Colorado gave us Hal Haddon, Alex Hunter, and Mary Lacy, as well as the Attorney General of Colorado at the time (forget the name) who refused to appoint a special prosecutor.

It's more a power thing than any platform thing. The Dems are in charge, they are status quo because they carry the baton right now. Am I clear? It's unlikely that any Dem would want to rock the basket or bite the hand that feeds him - could be bad for his or her future career. It'd be one thing if it were Repubs in charge, because then the Dem could come in and "clean house," exposing the corruption, and win points from above for doing that...but to attack your own...welll.....let's say I hope for justice from other directions than the Boulder County DA's office.

8. Little

Little Member

Garnett to replace top DA positions

Read entire article here: Source - http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008/aug/14/garnett-replace-top-da-positions/

9. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

10. Little

Little Member

Stutzman: What's ahead for the DA's office

Stutzman: What's ahead for the DA's office
    By Erika Stutzman (Contact)
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's a pretty safe assumption that the next time there's a news story involving the Boulder District Attorney's office, it is likely to be under a spotlight that is outsized for whatever the story may be.

So while Stan Garnett faces a great opportunity as the presumed incoming district attorney for Boulder County, he also faces the burden that it's likely to occur under a national spotlight that's unusual for a county of this size.

Love it or leave it, our community is associated (for the time being) with the unsolved murder of JonBenet Ramsey and the University of Colorado recruitment scandal that resulted in a multi-million dollar settlement following a Title IX lawsuit.

And the district attorney's office, for all of the good it does prosecuting crimes in the county, is inextricably tied to those.

Garnett, a longtime Boulder Democrat, is running unopposed in November to take over for Mary Lacy, who is term limited.

He named his three top advisers on Monday: Ryan Brackley as first assistant district attorney; Christopher C. Zenisek as assistant district attorney; and Catherine Olguin as administrative deputy.

He also has some stated goals that bode well for the county: A more open relationship with the press (which means: with the public.) And a stated goal of a straight-forward relationship with law enforcement.

Lacy's office has come under fire for saying it put the school "on notice" about recruitment problems, but such vague language with the absence of charges served as a stumbling block. It was criticized for some of the recent scandals surrounding the Ramsey murder: Namely, for bringing John Mark Karr to Boulder, and more recently, for sending a letter to the Ramsey family "clearing" them of the completely unsolved crime.

For Garnett's part, he said in a prepared statement: "The JonBenet Ramsey case is neither more, nor less, important than any other unsolved homicide."

It's doubtful that the Karr debacle nor the ill-conceived "exoneration" letter would have happened in any "other" unsolved homicide. It looks like the DA's office is headed in the right direction.
    -- Erika Stutzman,
    for the Camera editorial board
    http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008/sep/17/looking-forward/

11. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Or any other jurisdiction, for that matter!

I reserve judgment.

12. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I never thought three words would make me feel this much better

13. heymom

heymom Member

Erika Stutzman wrote those words, not Steve Garnett. He only said the words in quotes,

"The JonBenet Ramsey case is neither more, nor less, important than any other unsolved homicide."

If only Garnett had characterized the John Mark Karr incident as a debacle, and said the exoneration letter was "ill-conceived." I don't think he's going out on any limbs to resurrect the case.

14. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

I doubt one thing will change....except John's office at the DA's will probably get a new coat of paint and furniture.

IMO the perp is dead and Garnett will 'pretend' the case is on going. The political machine in Colorado is so corrupt it makes Washington look clean....

Nothing will change.

15. heymom

heymom Member

You are right. Change would mean a revolution in Boulder, and in The People's Republic of Boulder, revolution is not allowed.

16. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

This case is over, unless Garnett turns out to be as STOOOPID and INCOMPETENT and CORRUPT as Mary Lacy.

Who knows? They may have been working night and day to get another PERV KARR-type to confess. This time, they will have to find one who has NO FAMILY and who is crazy enough to keep the confession going in COURT, regardless of his attorneys.

Oh...and somehow, he has to MATCH the DNA. That part will be tricky. heh But I've come to understand that the RST will go to any length to GET an intruder in that house that night. So I won't be a bit surprised if they manage to STAGE that detail, as well. After PERV Karr and the "touch" DNA exoneration BS, I can't WAIT to see their next Scamsey "tactics". They sure ARE familiar with them, as they said in the Ramson note.

I'm thinking...a "videotape" they "found" in old spy satellite feeds...in which the killer can be "seen" entering the house with his bag of stuff...and through a window at the table feeding a child pineapple...then stun gunning the child.... Then a close-up...of the intruder's face....

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice