What was this about?!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by RiverRat, Jul 14, 2008.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

From Patsy's 1998 Interview...

15 PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah.
    16 TOM HANEY: Well, this photo 12OTET8 was on
    17 your roll of file in your camera. And on the
    18 same roll is the next photo, a Christmas morning
    19 photo of the kids.
    20 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-huh (yes). Oh, God.
    21 TOM HANEY: Before we, before we talk too
    22 much about the next photo, if you can --
    23 TRIP DeMUTH: You want to just take that
    24 out for a minute?
    25 TOM HANEY: Let's talk still about the
    1 120TET. Like I say, this was on your role of
    2 film and it's not exactly the same photograph
    3 that was taken by the police.
    4 PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-huh (yes).
    5 TOM HANEY: But it's, it's, it shows --
    6 PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah.
    7 TOM HANEY: -- pretty much, I guess, or can
    8 you tell me when that would have been taken?
    9 PATSY RAMSEY: I don't have a clue why
    10 anybody would take a picture like that. I don't
    11 know (inaudible). Who took the picture?
    12 TOM HANEY: Well, it's on your roll --
    13 PATSY RAMSEY: It's on my --
    14 TOM HANEY: -- of film on your camera.
    15 PATSY RAMSEY: I don't know.

2. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

I'm pretty sure it was a picture of the notepad from which the "ransom note" came.

-Tea

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I've long wondered what that photo was that they are discussing. It sounds like something incriminating. For him to say that it isn't exactly the same photo that was taken by police to me, sounds like it had to be one of JBR. It had to be something that would never be part of what a normal family set of photos would have in it. Police took photos of JBR's corpse as she lay under the tree. There was no crime scene team there at the time JR brought her up, only detective LA was there. So no police would have been taking photos of JBR at that point. And obviously police photos would not have been on the Rs family camera. Police use their own equipment, and actually police have their own people who take such photos.
    Could it have been a photo of JBR? As far as the notepad- very suspicious for the Rs to have taken a photo of a notepad. So here had to be a sinister reason if it was.
    People have mentioned that maybe it was just an odd angle shot or something, like kids playing with a camera. But then it would probably be something that looked like kids playing with a camera, and I doubt the dialogue would be the way it was. Just his comment about "this isn't exactly like what the police took" and her comment that she "didn't know who would take a photo like that" are very incriminating. And then- like SO MUCH in those interviews- the topic is dropped and never mentioned again.
    This was a photo on the R camera. I'd be asking who had access to it and testing the camera for prints and DNA. It also seems like the sequence of the photos indicates that the photo in question had to be taken after Christmas morning.

4. Karen

Karen Member

Well didn't the police want the roll of film out of the Ramseys camera that morning and John Ramsey just snapped off random shots to end the film so he could take it out and have it developed? Seems like I remember John Fernie (?)either turned it in to be developed or picked it up that morning, I'm not sure about that. Anyway, i think i remember there actually is a picture of the notepad in a different place than from where it was when JR handed it to the policeman that morning and from where the police took a picture of it. They were also asking her about a picture that she identified as a scarf that she gave out as gifts to the men at the Christmas party two nights prior. I think it might be the same picture. It was like dangling down off a bar or countertop or something. It was the Ramsey family Plaid, if I remember correctly. I've seen that picture of the scarf but i couldn't tell you where now. I believe all of this information is in Steve Thomas' book and also PMPT.

5. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

It was more likely that the notepad just happened to be in the shot, not that one was intentionally taken of it.

-Tea

6. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

According to the interview, the photo being discussed was taken Christmas morning. I'm thinking that John wanted to get a shot of the kids and Patsy coming down the stairs and did a practice take to try to get the framing right, or something to that effect. And then they probably came down the other flight of stairs.

-Tea

7. Karen

Karen Member

I icedtea4me! Why not just plug in the dam* camcorder?( Looking for a rolling eyes smilie here to show my disgust for JR.):unreal:

8. heymom

heymom Member

Why does Patsy intone, "Oh, God?" If it's just a photo of the kids, is she faking being overcome seeing JonBenet's photo? Yet she was nonchalant enough to leave JonBenet's body lying underneath the Christmas tree like a broken doll....

That exclamation doesn't make sense here.

Taking photos of a loved one's dead body IS a Southern tradition in some places, though. It's usually done at the funeral home, but you know, I can see Patsy doing that. I was shocked when a friend whipped out photos of her grandmother's body in the coffin and proudly showed them to me, but another friend said that's not unusual. weird.

9. AMES

AMES Member

I had read where she is probably talking about a picture of their messy hallway. John supposedly had to turn the camera over, and so he just started taking pictures of anything to use up the roll. BUT...I think that its probably something else, just because of the last part of the interview that you have posted (what I have marked in red). It sounds like something more to do with JB's murder, the body or something.

10. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

We talked about this not that long ago, didn't we? Somewhere? Of course, in THIS case, "not long ago" could be years. :rolleyes:

What I maybe, possibly, might, almost remember is that it had to do with the ransom notepad being in one picture and not in another. One shot was from John's camera, and one was a crime scene pic. Didn't they ask John about this, as well, in those interviews in '98?

The problem, as ever, is we can't see the pictures. I'd bet money that "some" people have seen them, and they don't bode well for the Ramseys or we'd have heard all about it.

11. koldkase

Here's where they discussed this with John...if this is the same topic. It appears they were trying to find out if this picture off of John Ramsey's camera was taken before that morning, because the note pad is seen in it. That would have tracked the note pad with a timeline. Since we don't know the "sequence" of the picture from Ramsey's camera in relation to the other pictures in it, some from the party on Dec. 23rd, it's hard to tell what they final conclusion was as to "when" the picture was taken.

I highlighted the direct discussion about the picture from John's camera, but included the context with other content.

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/1998BPD-John-Interview-Complete.htm

12. Elle

Elle Member

Your memory is good Karen, I remember reading this with John Ramsey finishing a few shots left on the film and then handing it to a policeman. Ramsey himself confirms this in KK's latest post with more of the interview shown.

When you think about it. The policeman should have actually taken the camera from John Ramsey and not allowed him to take any more photos.

This was interesting thanks to RiverRat for starting it off.

13. heymom

heymom Member

If John Ramsey thought there was something on the film that would incriminate them, he could easily have opened the back of the camera and exposed the film "by accident." What a blunder, of so many BPD committed that morning and over the next couple of days.

14. Karen

Karen Member

Hello dear Elle_1!:wave: More often than not you're the only one who answers my posts but thats ok. People are busy. As for the camera i think JR said it was the automatic rewind kind so you would have to take the last photo and then the camera automatically rewinds it. I don't think you can get the film out before that happens. I don't think JR was trying to hide anything that might be in the camera. It doesn't seem that way to me anyway.

15. heymom

heymom Member

10 JOHN RAMSEY: Right. I think that

11 is -- I think that is my Day-Timer, but I am

12 not sure. I had one that was similar, black.

I like this answer. It shows that he has been well-coached by his lawyers, not to admit anything belongs to him, for certain. However, even knowing that the day planner was a DAY-TIMER shows that it was his, since Day-Timer is a brand name. Funny, whose Day-Timer would it have been if it weren't yours, John? I'm sure the cleaning lady didn't use one, but maybe you could have pretended it was Fleet's...

"I think that is my Day-Timer, but I am not sure." Ridiculous.

16. Karen

Karen Member

And why not? Patsy tried to pass of her Christmas sweater she was wearing at the Whites party as maybe being Priscillas!!!

17. Elle

Elle Member

Then you're such a nice girl to keep on posting, Karen, in spite of this. :rose:

It could have backfired for the cops if John Ramsey had opened the camera and ruined the film, as heymom states, but the Boulder cops were too lenient with both Ramseys, giving into their whims. Allowing them to go to the Fernie home when their house was closed down as a crime scene, instead of taking them to the police station, and charging them as suspects. They should never have been allowed to stay with anyone else that night.

18. Elle

Elle Member

You're on a roll, Karen! :)

19. heymom

heymom Member

Even after JonBenet's body was found, the BPD still treated the Ramseys as victims of a crime, not suspects. If this crime had taken place in another location in Boulder, to other parents, they would certainly have been taken in. This was a very bad mistake, amongst many. This one mistake cost JonBenet justice. Patsy would have cracked under the right interrogator.

The police deferred to the Ramseys, thinking that it was a murder instead of a cover-up. I guess that phony ransom note fooled them the way it was supposed to. Who thought of that in the first place, I wonder? Was it John or Patsy? Or someone else?

20. koldkase

Karen...to whom (I thought) I sometimes responded...snif...but don't mind me, as we pyrates just fade into the decor...I have always thought it so telling that the RST always say the Ramseys didn't throw the Whites under the bus, but it's all there, in their interview transcripts. John even implied HE would "remember" White having black duct tape if need be....

Speaking of "pictures" we can't figure out, there is a segment in Patsy's interview we've discussed some time ago, where she's asked about photos of JonBenet...were they taken in the basement? Orwere the photos in the basement? Or did we ever figure that out?

[Oh, went back to page one and I think I see I stepped on your toes, Karen, when I posted the interview segment. I am sorry about that. You did post about it first, it's true, but I must plead mentalpause. When the RST starts one of their PROPAGANDA campaigns, so much is written and reported about it, I read from one day to the next and I don't remember what I read where, as in this case: I simply remembered this was in John Ramsey's interview and thought I'd post it. I'm having trouble keeping up with all the latest falderol, haven't even got to listen to the radio stuff YET! Just not enough time. It's a full time job putting out fires at topix, where pyromaniac maimed has returned to set them. She keeps posting her usual OPINION AS FACT, and she's wrong far more than she's right, as we all know. I think I'm ready to retire from babysitting maimed. What a brat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice