"ONLY ONE VICTIM IN THIS CASE" by David Harsanyi -Denver Post, July 7, 2008

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_9839651

There's only one victim in the Ramsey case

By David Harsanyi
    Article Last Updated: 07/10/2008 10:33:30 AM MDT

"Touch DNA" a relatively new analysis
    12-year-old murder case likely to top DA's legacy
    DA clears Ramsey family

Despite what you may have heard, Patsy and John Ramsey have not been "cleared" of wrongdoing in any genuine sense. They were simply handed a legal pass by a staunch ally who has once again shortchanged the genuine victim in the case: JonBenét.

Mary Lacy, the district attorney of Boulder, has made it her mission to exonerate the Ramseys since her first day on the job. She has disregarded facts and played the media and the public for a bunch of suckers along the way. She is trying to do it again.

Relying on an advanced method of analyzing forensic evidence, Lacy claims an unidentified man was the likely murderer of JonBenét. Lacy stated the Ramsey family should now "be treated only as victims," and apologized to them in writing.

Lacy, as anyone who has followed this case knows, has little credibility to offer, much less any absolution to hand out — at least not until a killer is convicted. And without a confession, that's an exceedingly unlikely scenario.

The Ramseys, let's not forget, brought suspicion upon themselves with bizarre behavior during the investigation of the horrific Christmas night 1996 murder of their daughter.

Suspicious acts are not the equivalent of guilt, but they certainly provide authorities ample reason to be on alert.

Now, according to Lacy, an outside laboratory has found "previously undiscovered genetic material" of a male in three places on JonBenét's clothing. This leads investigators to believe that DNA could not have been left accidentally by an innocent party. It must have been an intruder.

So, once again, the public is supposed to believe a murderer snuck into the house undetected, killed the girl undetected, wrote a ransom note and then snuck out undetected, never to be heard from again.

"It is, therefore, the position of the Boulder district attorney's office that this profile belongs to the perpetrator of the homicide," Lacy contends.

Now, you may wonder:

How does Lacy know the unidentified male is the one who actually killed JonBenét? How does Lacy know that this person's hands weren't on JonBenét's clothes before or after the murder? How does she know that John Doe wasn't assisting the family in a cover-up of the crime?

And if this nameless individual was indeed the murderer, how does Lacy know that a family member did not assist him in covering up the crime?

She doesn't know.

But Lacy, one of the most incompetent officials working in Colorado law enforcement, has taken us on this ride before. There is neither the space nor the need to discuss Lacy's ham-fisted ineptitude here. She is, after all, an elected official, and Boulder voters get what they deserve.

We must, nonetheless, recall that this is the woman who two years ago conceded she had not a shred of credible evidence tying John Mark Karr to the death of JonBenét Ramsey. Yet, she still hauled this creepy child-sex fetishist back to United States from Thailand (a crime in itself, if you ask me) and let citizens foot the bill.

When Karr was brought back to Colorado, there were immediate calls for the media to ask for forgiveness from the Ramsey family for daring to cast suspicion on them all these years.

But, as is always prudent in this case, a healthy dose of skepticism about the Boulder police department, the DA and everyone involved was entirely justified — for the obvious reasons that no one wants to believe the unthinkable. No one wants to believe parents are capable of some dreadful act

We should also remember there are plenty of other crimes to be solved. Plenty of other children — most of whom aren't involved in high-profile cases — are in need of justice.

But Lacy is in no position to offer apologizes or to dictate how the public should view the Ramseys. Because in this case, there is still only one victim.

Reach columnist David Harsanyi at 303-954-1255 or dharsanyi@ denverpost.com.

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Thanks, Moab, for posting this article by Mr. Harsanyi. It's good to know there are some people out there who know the facts of the Ramsey case and are not fooled by Lacy's latest trick.

3. Karen

Karen Member

Thank you Moab! Finally someone sees the light! I'm going to write to him and thank him for saying what so many are thinking. I love this part, "But Lacy is in no position to offer apologies or to dictate how the public should view the Ramseys."

4. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Not Everyone is Fooled by Lacy!

I like this guy, David Harsanyi!

5. Karen

Karen Member

I think they will all start coming out and voicing their opinion. It will take some time. What Lacy did was wrong. I think there will be more than a few "not-a-fan-of-Lacy" people who will speak up.

6. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I :luv: him!

In 1998, the former DA of Cass County, Texas, said dna exonerated the prime suspect in the Butt triple homicide.

Funny the same suspect was indicted last year and will, God willing, stand trial in '09.

7. Karen

Karen Member

Great! Maybe there's hope for Jonbenet yet!

8. Cherokee

I think we should all write and thank Mr. Harsanyi for being one of the few in the media with the courage to articulate why it is wrong for Lacy to play God and grant absolution to the Ramseys based on such a flimsy pretext, especially since it appears she is not willing to do that for other suspects in the case whose DNA does not match, particularly the ones the Ramseys, and their cohorts, threw under the bus.

9. heymom

heymom Member

Already did it!

10. Karen

Karen Member

I'm going to but I'll have to do it later because I have some work to do. He rocks!

11. Cherokee

I just went over and looked at the newspage where Mr. Harsanyi's article is posted, and he is getting slammed big time in the comment section. He is really taking some heat for posting the truth.

http://www.denverpost.com/harsanyi

All of us here at FFJ need to go over there and support him, even if it's just a line or two in the comment box.

Silence is how evil wins.

12. heymom

heymom Member

My email bounced. Drat.

Silence and stupidity are how evil wins.

13. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I did - he definitely deserves our attention and suport!

14. Tez

Tez Member

I will go post a comment. And I am going to also eMail the man!

Funny, isn't it? Someone besides us actually sees Lacy for what she is, incompetent!

15. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Bravo! Mr. Harsanyi has written the absolute truth. Those who disagree with him clearly don't bother to let the evidence interfere with their beliefs. Lacy is an idiot who showed favortism in the extreme to John Ramsey by clearing him with a three-page, hormone saturated, gag a maggot, love letter. She has conducted herself like a star struck teenager with both Ramsey and Wood.

Lacy may not realize it, but she has revealed a great deal about herself in the way she has handled the Ramsey case, the way she has drooled all over Wood, and the letter she sent Ramsey. Her press conferences, when she has deemed it necessary to give them, show me a very insecure woman with major personal issues, including a gnawing need for recognition and attention and a need to hide (hair curtains?) her true self from others. And, that's only the beginning of what her actions and body language have revealed about her. Her handwriting made me crazy to look at. If I had to live in her head, I'd be stark-raving crazy.

16. coloradokares

coloradokares Member

I just went and added my support and sent and email as well Look for it under coloradokares+ for some reason I had to add a + to get it to accept the comment. I guess every by now knows CK

17. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice