EXPERTS ASK: WHY WERE PARENTS CLEARED OF HER MURDER? - New Globe article (7/28/08)

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Little

Little Member

July 28, 2008
    Dig up JonBenet as experts ask: Why were parents cleared of her murder?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  2. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Hmmm....wish we had more info....guess I might have to buy the Globe to find out.

Looks like Lacy has the entire world asking her WTF?

3. Little

Little Member

I don't know how much I can post about it. If I can post the entire thing would a mod please let me know?

Little

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Thanks for asking, Little, and thanks for the heads-up about the new Globe issue.

At this time, I think it's best for us not to post too much of the current issue online. I appreciate the Globe having the courage to publicly question Mary Lacy's decision.

I'd like to add that in this new issue of Globe our very own Tricia Griffith is quoted and much of our FFJ press release is featured in a side article.

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Doubt it'd do any good exhuming her at this point. After nearly 12 years, only skeletal remains would probably be left. And the tiara.

6. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Cherokee is right. Because we all support Justice for JBR, we do not want to do anything to impede any media outlet who still has the balls to print the truth. They need to make their money, and I would encourage everyone to purchase a copy (for posterity if nothing else) and we can discuss it in detail when it is no longer a current issue.

Little, thank for bringing this to our attention and for the picture of the "headlines"! You are the best!

7. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Thank you so much Little

I will be buying a copy as well and then we can discuss in bits and pieces as the mods deem okay

8. Little

Little Member

I think I'll pick up a few more copies too Barbara. After all, as Moab said, it's good to support a media that isn't afraid to challenge, and I'll add, one that also uses credible, named sources.

It's well worth the read!

Little

9. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Thanks Little...

For bringing this article to our attention...I will buy a copy while I am out today given the recommendations here on the information offered in this Globe issue. I am, along with the rest of the justice seekers here, pleased to see that there are those in the news media still watching how the Boulder authorities are handling (or NOT handling) this case.

The JonBenet Ramsey case is still an open case. There are still viable suspects, and viable evidence still exists no matter what exemptions and exhonerations one inept DA is currently proposing.

The strong advocates for Justice for JonBenet Ramsey will be here advocating for justice no matter what statements Mary Lacy makes or what action she takes before her lame duck term is ended.

The Globe headline indicates that some are asking for the exhumation of JonBenet's body. Do the authorities have to obtain permission of the victims family to have the body exhumed? If this case takes a turn toward becoming a DNA case, in theory, I suppose exhumation would become a serious option in search of confirming or expanding on the DNA evidence on the victim's body.

Even if the evidence on the body has been somewhat corrupted by handling for embalming and internment, there might possibly be DNA evidence available on the body which could now be detected through the new "DNA Touch" technology....Mary Lacey has introduced this new technological element into the Ramsey case. It seems only logical to exhume JonBenet and use this new technology to detect evidence that might have been missed ten years ago and buried along with JonBenet. There is the possiblity that this evidence is lying safely in wait, only waiting to be discovered.

Isn't DNA one of those basic elements that lasts indefinitely? Weren't some of the Egyptian mummies identified and classified in families by DNA taken from their mummified corpses? I don't think a mere ten years would preclude the use of DNA technology especially in light of it's newest developments....I would certainly find the discussion of these possibilities in the press and on the internet (And just possibly among the law enforcement agencies of Boulder CO!) a realistic revival of this cold case.

Voyager

10. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Thank you, globe...

This was just a little blurb, on the GLOBE's website, in reference to their recent article on JBR:

JonBenet Autopsy Bombshell

NEW DNA evidence in the simmering unsolved murder case of little JonBenet Ramsey has experts calling for lawmen to dig up the tragic girl's body. In a GLOBE exclusive, experts say new DNA touch tests seem to provide clues that could nail the 6-year-old's killer - and require a new autopsy that could finally unravel the mystery around the 1996 slaying. You won't want to miss a single word.

I plan on looking for this issue today. (Hope it's on the stands.)

P.S. I trust that this does not infringe upon the Globe's copy rights.
    GL

11. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Goody!

Something new to chew on for a change. When Lazy sees this headline she will now doubt try to run for the hills so to speak. Here she thought she was doing a favor and instead she may have boosted her career into limbo or even he!!. It was headed there anyway and now for sure it is well on it's way. I hope she is stunned by this headline! I think she needs to be stunned...a lot!

An aside here...Lacy was always said to be a strong advocate for Child justice and hard on sex offenders prior to becoming DA. Yet when some of those very crimes or hints of crimes were brought up in the Ramsey case she wasn't even interested...except to chase down JMK who had no evidence against him re this case.

12. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

'Course, not; that would unsettle her elitist prejudices! Anyone remember how she thought Tom Haney was "too tough" on Patsy?

WHAT?!

Tom Haney is one of the finest homicide detectives in the country, and here's this assistant DA, who I don't think had even sat second-chair on a murder trial (correct me if I'm wrong) telling him he's too tough for using absolutely standard interrogation techniques that the greenest rookie on a beat would know!

JUST WHO THE HE** DOES SHE THINK SHE IS?!

13. Elle

Elle Member

These parents couldn't wait to fly the hell away from Boulder with JonBenét's body and thus make it harder for all the forensic scientists to have access, Little. When asked about exhuming her body, John responded by saying she is at peace now. She sure is, thanks to her parents, Patsy and John Ramsey, but the truth will come out some day.

Nice Tricia's name has been mentioned, and also great to hear The Globe has printed the FFJ Press release.

14. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

With modern embalming techniques, the body may be preserved very well.

Remember the case of the black man assassinated in a Southern state about 40 years ago for his civil rights work, Medgar Evers? When they exhumed his body, it was so very well preserved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medgar_Evers

At any rate, undoubtedly the body was cleaned thoroughly during that process and after autopsy, as well. I doubt they'd find any kind of DNA on it other than those who handled the body for cleaning and embalming.

Whether they would find more injuries that didn't show up at autopsy the day after the murder, that's the question. I have read that bodies do have injuries that show up a week or more after death: bruising patterns, for example. This is why the body should not have been released for burial so quickly. Another week or two in such a case would have been judicious.

But what in this case was done judiciously? Not much.

Thanks for telling us about this Globe issue, Little. Hope I can find one today.

15. Little

Little Member

KK wrote:
    Oh, but the big $118,000 question - was there a stun gun involved might be resolved. Plus, what was put into her coffin?

I do remember that case you are talking about KK. Maybe there was something on A&E last year? That is fascinating.

Little

16. Elle

Elle Member

I'm amazed the Ramseys were allowed to remove the body from Boulder. The authorities never stopped them just in case they may have been the perpetrators. This I don't understand. JonBenét Ramsey didn't die under normal circumstances, and yet Law Enforcement allowed them to remove the body away from the city of Boulder to Atlanta. There was something far wrong with this scene, and no one did a single thing to stop it.

It certainly doesn't promote confidence in the American Justice System.

17. koldkase

Yep. It's time to settle that "stun gun" question once and for all.

I went back and edited my post, Little, with a link to the case I mentioned.

18. koldkase

The DA...AGAIN...was instrumental in getting the body released to the Ramseys and sent to Atlanta for burial. Remember the brouhaha over the BPD not wanting the body released? Which lawyer in the DA's Office coerced the medical examiner into releasing the body? Can't remember, but one of them actually SIDED WITH TEAM RAMSEY and accused the BPD of using the body to "bargain" with the Ramseys to get them in for interviews. The RST loves to spin that one to this day.

In reality, AS LOU SMIT HIMSELF HAS SAID, the Ramseys should have been ARRESTED when they refused to go in for interviews. IMMEDIATELY, as Smit said HE WOULD HAVE DONE. Certainly after a few days.

And the BPD had EVERY RIGHT to not want the body released so soon. They were investigating A CHILD'S MURDER! But that little fact was buried quickly with the Ramsey spin, along with the body.

I do not EVER expect to see the body exhumed. They are NOT going to actually try to solve this case, it's all just for show now. If they REALLY wanted to solve the case, they'd subpoena those phone records.

19. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, KK. You have recapped so well. I remember this time. Thank you.

20. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I remember that scene in PMPT very well. You had Eller virtually begging the coroner to hold the body another day or two. "Why don't you take a little more time with the Ramsey girl- maybe there's something you missed". The coroner refused (wonder who got to him?) and I believe it was Pete Hofstrom in the DA's office who used the words "You can't hold the body because the parents won't talk".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice