A Nose For Crime - Doberman Gang

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Elle, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Elle

Elle Member

Received this excellent video from Nana from Brazil. I'm unsure where it should be posted Moab. Could you please move it to the correct location. Thank you.

http://www.k9forensic.org/view-nose.htm

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Wow--great vid. One more reason to love dogs!

3. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

....as if we needed another one. LOL My dog is currently under house arrest for repeatedly baring her teeth at my daughter's new puppy!. It freaked Sally out. I say they just need to be put together every day to work things out.

Zoo, Bob, what do you say?

(My dog is almost 2 - a little mutt about 14 pounds, with a LOT of jack russell in her). Sally's pup is about 4 moths old - a schnoodle that is as tall as Annabel right now, but only around 8 lbs (I am guessing).. She doesn't feel threatened at all with Annabel.. just keeps coming back for more, even when Annabel nips at her. I think Annabel is just making a play for Alpha dog, even though Lucy already lies down and rolls over! LOL

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Wow. Thanks, Elle. Dogs are smarter than some people I know.

Like the maimed one.

5. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Ooops, sorry, got the aggressive dog mixed up with the pup.

Maybe you need to call in the "dog whisperer", Driver.

6. Watching You

So, who was the little mutt protecting? You? Mutt is Alpha dog. Alpha dog protects her turf and her humans. They are both females - better than both males. I say let them play and watch that it doesn't get out of hand. If Little Mutt tries to take half-a-dog's throat out, you might have a problem. :dogpee:

:rolling:

7. Elle

Elle Member

I've never seen a video like this before and was astounded when those three Dobermans kept going back to the same place. Amazing the body of the victim was found ten feet under.

8. BobC

I'm sure the puppy is just trying to play and be frisky. It's normal for an older dog to bare its fangs or to nip at a puppy that's being annoying. It's usually nothing to worry about. In my experience male and female dogs get along great for the most part, unlike some female/female pairings. Your dog is just setting some limits--I'd wager they'll be best pals in a month or two.

Funny story from the dog park : I took Noodles (my greyhound mix pup) to the dog park last night and some old guy pulled up in a big truck. He had five puppies with him, just a few weeks old. The puppies were maybe ten inches long, if that, but when they saw Noodles they turned into DEADLY KILLING MACHINES!! Okay that was an exaggeration--but all five started barking (puppies that young almost never bark) and running after poor Noodles! It was like a tiny, yapping hunting pack, their little legs barely able to run, but what they lacked in physical prowess they made up with enthusiasm! Poor Noodles was completely confused--she just trotted away from them with her ears back and a worried look on her face! Noodles is not a large dog, only 40 lbs, but still the puppies didn't even come up to her knee! The whole thing was hilarious! The puppies were like meerkats--sending out a distress call and trying to drive a predator away!

9. BobC

10. BobC

11. Elle

Elle Member

12. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh my god! KILLER DEER!!

I don't blame Noodles for being scared. Me, too! I'll never think "Oh, cute deer" again!! SCARRED FOR LIFE!! :eek:

13. Watching You

I've heard of dogs chasing deer, but I've never seen a deer chase dogs. That video is hilarious, but I'm glad Bambi didn't catch Noodles.

14. BobC

She did catch Noodles! Luckily I was right there and saved Noodles. That is, just as soon as I got the exciting footage.

That wasn't me singing--it was my friend Shawn.

15. BobC

The deer had newly born fawns at the time and they were extremely protective. They didn't care about people--they just hated the dogs. The coyotes are all over the place and they kill fawns

16. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Driver,

I think you are correct. Let the dogs sort it out themselves. Most adult dogs don't immediately like puppies. Hence the baring of teeth. That is a warning to stop what they are doing or else. And puppies have no sense at all. I would let them be until or else there is a nip here or there then step in and banish the puppy...it is the one that needs to learn behavior. And BobC is correct that female/female is not always a good mix. However they can surely coexist in the same area once a boundary has been established. They will ignore each other. That's the best of both worlds.

17. heymom

heymom Member

18. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Noddles Is Cool Bob!

We used to have a male Schnauzer, probably our favorite of all time who could sing.

He had three favorite songs which even if he heard them being randomly sung on TV or the radio, he would join right in. He sang very harmoniosly from deep in his throat....We have never heard anything like it. :)

His first learned and best song was "Happy Birthday" which he sang with such great joy along with all of us around the BD :cake:cake on everyone's special occasion.

"How Much Is That Doggie In The Window" was another of his best but I think the most impressive was "Row Row Your Boat" which he would sing with us and come in on his round when I pointed to him and nodded my head....

I think I have some old video footage of him performing someplace but wouldn't have a clue how to convert it to something postable for the internet...

Yep o'le Schnapps could really carry a melodious tune! :)

Thanks for sharing the deer chasing Noodles with us...Halarious! One of our female schnauzers got kicked by a deer when chasing them out of the yard one night....She literally screamed when the deer thumped her on her back with his hoof....Forever after our Lilly had a bump on her spine midway down her back...Those deer can really be vicious in a confrontation ya know?!

I will say it again....Noodles is an adorable dog mixture! Is she a rescue? Too bad she can't be replicated, I would surely like one of her! :)

Voyager

19. heymom

heymom Member

Puppies usually get a pass from older dogs until they are about 6 mos. old - and then the hammer comes down and they learn their place in the pack, with snarls and nips and nose pushes. Your Annabel is cutting Lucy off a little early...but Lucy is indeed showing submission to her. I wouldn't worry too much unless you see that Annabel is truly biting the puppy. Dogs growl at each other all the time, and it doesn't have to mean they are going to eat each other alive - sometimes it means "You have just stepped over the line and I'm letting you know." However you have to be ready to step in and let BOTH of them know that you are the only top member of the pack - they are ALL under you. So if you get the vibe that they are too tense, just get your girl to back down on snarling at the puppy, and tell the puppy to settle down and stop teasing Annabel. The pup will probably respond well to this, because she's already showing that she understands SHE'S not on top.

20. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice