Fox News Sunday, July 29 - New DA to Take Over Ramsey Case

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Greenleaf, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

FOX Files: New DA to Take Over Ramsey Case

FOX 31 Denver Sun, 27 Jul 2008 9:00 PM PDT
    Earlier this month current Boulder DA Mary Lacy declared that new DNA evidence proved JonBenet Ramsey's parents had nothing to do with her murder. Well soon Boulder will have a new DA. Stan Garnett is running unopposed this November. In this FOX Files, Ron Zappolo finds out what Garnett's planning to do differently to finally solve the Ramsey murder.

I'm having trouble posting the URL, but will try again. (There's a video.)

GL

2. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I hope that Garnet has more to offer than just lip service again!

3. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

I listened to the tape

Okay, I just listened to the tape of the interview; which, by the way, lasts only a few minutes.
    Paraphrasing:

Garnett stated that he had no preconceived ideas about the case.
    He will focus only on the evidence, that can be proven in Court.
    Asked what he thought of Mary Lacy, he said:
    (A precursor, no doubt, as to the track he will take.)
    That Lacy is very professional, and ethical and he has "a great deal of respect" for her. (New set of deep pockets?)
    Any decision he will make, as to the course he will take, will be based on evidence. (Let the public see all that hidden evidence, Mr. D.A.)
    Asked about the pressure he'll probably be under, he said that a "good D.A. has to insulate himself" from pressure. (Sure, sure, get yourself into that rich Ram-cacoon, with the tightly woven RST as quick as you can.)
    Sorry, JonBenet, it looks like it's going to be the "same old same old."

GL (sob, sob)

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

If the DAs really wanted to solve this case, they would not hoard the evidence the way they are after all these years. There are a few really good investigators (Mark Fuhrman, Anne Rule, Dominic Dunne come to mind, but there are others, as well) who would probably love to get their hands on the case files and write an investigative/true crime account of JB's murder.

After all these years, wouldn't it seem that Boulder authorities would welcome all the outside help they could get? Under other circumstances, that might be the case, but there has been so much corruption and favortism, they can't afford to let anyone from the outside in lest they be brought up on charges, themselves. THEY HAVE TO HIDE WHAT THEY HAVE DONE, that is the reason for the secrecy, not their catch-all excuse that they need to maintain the integrity of the case. Just the fact that they allowed Susan Bennett, a private citizen from North Carolina with no legal experience at all and no connection to the case, to assist Lou Smit and observe confidential case files proves there has been no integrity in the case.

If I were a betting kind of person, I would bet the farm that Boulder will never let go of those case files, especially to an good true crime writer who won't be bound by the secrets of Hunter/Lacy/Wood/Ramsey/Hadden et al.

5. coloradokares

coloradokares Member

If you heard a distant primal scream, that would be me! We cannot have another one. I am very dissapointed in my state. Very

6. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Well, guess I'll be drinking heavy tonight.

WY, are Sue and Lou gonna get it!

7. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Hey- come to New Jersey and visit me! We have even more crime & corruption, but without the beautiful Flatirons and we have tons more pollution.
    But...you can satisfy your taste for sleuthing by looking for Jimmy Hoffa in the Meadowlands swamps.

8. coloradokares

coloradokares Member

I would love to come amd visit you. As to Hoffa..... They still have not found him. Hmmmmm my guess is no one will find him anymore now.

9. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Actually, Jimmy probably lies under the concrete floor of the Casa Dante Risotrante in Jersey City, NJ. and NOT poured into the Verazzano Bridge as many people think.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice