1. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I was just watching "48 Hours" on Madeline McCann. That's not what upset me. What upset me was, when they mentioned that people, especially women in Britain hate Kate McCann because she "doesn't act" like they expect a grieving parent should. Then they mentioned the dirty tricks used against Ed Smart when Elizabeth went missing. I always believed Ed was innocent, BTW. Then, OH, BOY. I need not tell you who they mentioned. Naturally, they repeated the story about the Ramseys being cleared without any attempt at a balanced story. I expect that from CBS by now. Woody's got them trained real good. But what made me SO SO ANGRY (a la Marvin Martian) was how BRAZENLY John Ramsey can lie! He said that he and Patsy accepted that they would have to be looked at, but "please, for the love of God, don't stop with us. And they did."

We all know that's total BULLS**T! The police investigated over 600 people. The police went all over hell's half-acre running down phony leads, many of them from the Ramseys themselves! You'd think the "news" would know this! As for accepting that they would be suspects, that's not how I remember it. if memory serves, John and Patsy said they were, and I quote, "insulted" that anyone could ever suspect them. (Because we all know that no rich, white people ever kill their kids. It's only those skanky trailer-park people who do that, right?)

How this man can so blithely try to rewrite history is damned insulting! And it reminds me why I decided to write my book in the first place! It's only one of many instances where the Ramseys have lied to make themselves look like martyrs. They say the cops didn't go after anyone else. That's bull. They say they accepted being investigated. Also bull.

They used him as an example (I'm guessing) of people suspecting a parent because they didn't act like a grieving parent "should" act. He says he doesn't know how a grieving parent "should" act. Well, I'll be happy to tell him: by caring more about what was done to your daughter than about how badly YOU have it! ME, ME, ME, ME! That's all I ever heard from John and Patsy and that blimp sister of hers. I never heard that from Brenda Van Dam. Or Marc Klaas. Or Ed Smart. They knew there was a time and a place for that, if at all.

Then, to really rub it in, the program showed Susan Smith, who we know murdered her little babies, crying and, to hear them tell it, acting like a grieving mother should.

John should not be allowed to tell these bald-faced lies. He should not be allowed to disgrace his daughter's memory.

Anyone else feel that way?

2. coloradokares

coloradokares Member

That sums it up real good. Ditto:rst:

You know if his lips are movin the truth is getting rewritten!

3. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

If you can get past his tongue!

And another thing: you're daughter's been murdered, so why are you always SMILING?!

Well, he won't be similing when my book comes out! I can guarantee that!

4. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I know what you mean about people trying to rewrite history. It's quite a scary phenomenon. Do they live in a fantasy world or do they think other people are stupid?

5. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Feeling your pain.....

6. Thor

Thor Active Member

I watched this too, and was not expecting the Reptile to appear on the show. I, again, yelled at the TV when Lizard Tongue said "for goodness sake's don't stop at us" and inferred no investigation was done other than the Ramseys. BS. My blood pressure probably soars every time this idiot is on TV.

7. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Punisher,

I too feel your pain and disgust. I have to tell you that almost from the beginning the Ramseys have been masters of deception or deflection. They have pointed in any direction but back at themselves over and over again. And you know the old saying, "repeat a lie often enough and it will become the truth". That is their strategy. They had lots of help what with their attys leading the way. They got lucky with LE not doing an A+ job and the DA being a wimp. But always it was deflect deflect deflect.

8. Elle

Elle Member

I hope you socked it to him, Punisher! :whipit:

9. Elle

Elle Member

Ach you let me down, Thor. I thought you would have set your dogs on old Lizard Tongue long before now. Don't you think it's time you let him know you were responsible for his new name? :)

10. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

both!

Thanks for the support, folks. Look, I wouldn't have watched that program, but nothing else was on, and I admit I don't know much about the McCann case. It's just not cut and dried like this one. Some days I wonder if MAYBE Gerry and Kate were involved, other days not so much.

But it raises an interesting question: how many parents have murdered their kids thinking, "well, the Colorado family got away with it. Why can't I?"

11. heymom

heymom Member

And now, every time a missing child case comes up, like Caylee Anthony, the press or someone on a talk show says, "You can't judge someone by how they react to their child being missing." Well, DUH, yes we can!!! Anyone who would go out dancing while her 2-year-old baby is missing is A BAD PARENT at least, maybe involved at the worst. It was the Ramseys who gave us that stupidity of "Everyone reacts differently so you can't judge us by our behavior." What BS!

Looking forward to your book, Punisher.

12. Thor

Thor Active Member

Well, if Mr. Tongue was near me, I'd sic both sheps on him Elle. Johnny boy, I am admitting that I gave you your well deserved name Lizard Tongue. (It could have been worse) So there!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice