Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default One-on-one with Lin Wood

One-on-one with Lin Wood
    ALBANY — Like so many of the people who are universally recognized among the best at what they do, Lin Wood is a presence. His rugged good looks and steely gaze no doubt serve him well in the nation’s courts of law, but even in a room of similarly dressed golfers and hackers, people notice him.

Of course, Wood’s used to being noticed. No less a luminary than Dan Rather called the Atlanta-based lawyer “the attorney for the damned.” Editor & Publisher magazine labeled him “one of the most dangerous media-plaintiff lawyers in the United States.”

Both were meant as compliments.

But stripped of his aura of celebrity that’s part of the package when your client list includes John and Patsy Ramsey, Howard K. Stern, Richard Jewell, the mothers of Beth Holloway and Laci Peterson, Gary Condit and Katelyn Faber — aka the girl who accused NBA MVP Kobe Bryant of sexual assault — Wood is about as down-to-earth and straight-forward as a guy with his pedigree is bound to be.

snip

— John and Patsy Ramsey, the parents initially accused in the death of their daughter, JonBenet Ramsey: “The sad thing about this case is that the brutal murder of his daughter was not the first tragedy John Ramsey had to go through. His oldest daughter, Beth, was killed in a tragic auto accident along with her fiancee in ’92; Patsy was diagnosed with stage-4 ovarian cancer in ’93, followed by the brutal murder of JonBenet in ’96. All that tragedy was followed by 10 years of false accusations about the torture, sexual assault and murder of their child. And the only evidence that ever linked them to the case is that they were asleep in the house (where JonBenet was killed) that night. There was never any evidence that linked them to the crime. One thing I’m glad of is that the Boulder (Colo.) DA exonerated the Ramsey family in the crime. And I know Patsy went to her grave with that truth in her heart.”
    — Beth Holloway, mother of Natalee Holloway, the Alabama teen who was abducted during a senior trip to Aruba: “I represented Beth Holloway to help her deal with the outrageous stories that were printed about the circumstances surrounding her daughter’s disappearance. She was tremendously distressed, as you’d expect, and she’s still looking for answers. She’s clinging to the slim hope that her daughter is still alive.”

snip

“If I believe in my clients, it inspires me to use my God-given talents to best serve them.”

snip

“Even though my father had committed this hideous crime, he was still my father, and I remember how two spectacular lawyers — Manley Brown and Hank O’Neal (both of Macon) — had done everything they could to help my father,” Wood said. “They did it out of a desire, I think, to help me, but that lesson stayed with me.
    “It confirmed what I’d felt all along, that this was my calling.”
    Case closed.

Read entire article here - Source:http://www.albanyherald.com/stories/20080914n1.htm
    No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. -Heraclitus Fragments c. 500 BC

Thumbs down

I only have one thing to say...

Woody
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

Arrow Well,

If one praises oneself is there any more room others? No, nope, nada!
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

Hey, Woody!

Tell me how my A** tastes!
    They should all drown in lakes of blood. Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night.

Quote Originally Posted by The Punisher View Post
    Hey, Woody!

Tell me how my A** tastes!
    Now THAT is funny. I needed that Punisher.

Yeah, what a waste of air Limp is. I despise him as much as I despise his client Lizard Tongue.
    I despise the Ramseys and this is just my opinion

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

Am I reading LW's quote correctly? What hideous crime did his father commit? It sounds like he became a defense attorney because he admired the defense attorneys who defended his father when his father committed a horrible crime.
    Of course, he mentions nothing about the fact that people who commit horrible crimes should be punished for those crimes, and that the job of a defense attorney used to be to see that their clients get a fair trial. That has been corrupted over the years, though, so that now even lying is condoned by defense attorneys, all that matters is getting your client acquitted, or even better, never being charged.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    Am I reading LW's quote correctly? What hideous crime did his father commit? It sounds like he became a defense attorney because he admired the defense attorneys who defended his father when his father committed a horrible crime.
    Of course, he mentions nothing about the fact that people who commit horrible crimes should be punished for those crimes, and that the job of a defense attorney used to be to see that their clients get a fair trial. That has been corrupted over the years, though, so that now even lying is condoned by defense attorneys, all that matters is getting your client acquitted, or even better, never being charged.

Lin Wood's dad beat Lin's mother to death.

http://www.albanyherald.com/stories/20080914n1.htm

"Wood says he can’t remember a time when he did not want to be a trial lawyer, and that contention was solidified by a tragedy in his own family. After returning home from a date as a 16-year-old high schooler, he discovered that his father had beaten his mother to death."

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

Amazing. So, knowing his father had committed this horrible crime, he decided to become the type of lawyer who tries to get people like this acquitted.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Now THAT is funny. I needed that Punisher.

Yeah, what a waste of air Limp is. I despise him as much as I despise his client Lizard Tongue.
    One of the seminal events of my conversion was watching him take on Nancy Grace and Marc Klaas and watching him threaten Marc. That was really the first time I saw what a scumwad piece of cr** he is.
    They should all drown in lakes of blood. Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night.

Did that article call Wood "ruggedly good looking?"

I've seen my share of ruggedly good looking men, and Wood doesn't meet the criteria. He has the demeanor of Russia's Putin and the same cardboard face with the same blank expression.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Quote Originally Posted by Watching You View Post
    Did that article call Wood "ruggedly good looking?"

I've seen my share of ruggedly good looking men, and Wood doesn't meet the criteria. He has the demeanor of Russia's Putin and the same cardboard face with the same blank expression.
    And the same predatory instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    Amazing. So, knowing his father had committed this horrible crime, he decided to become the type of lawyer who tries to get people like this acquitted.
    Yes but he is a civil attorney I believe. He does it for the money, he even said so.
    I loved it when he and Wendy Murphy clashed on some show ,i don't remember which one ,and she pretty much showed she can't and won't be intimidated by the likes of him. Wendy Murphy became a hero of mine when I saw that. I admire her a great deal.