One-on-one with Lin Wood

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Little

Little Member

One-on-one with Lin Wood
    ALBANY — Like so many of the people who are universally recognized among the best at what they do, Lin Wood is a presence. His rugged good looks and steely gaze no doubt serve him well in the nation’s courts of law, but even in a room of similarly dressed golfers and hackers, people notice him.

Of course, Wood’s used to being noticed. No less a luminary than Dan Rather called the Atlanta-based lawyer “the attorney for the damned.†Editor & Publisher magazine labeled him “one of the most dangerous media-plaintiff lawyers in the United States.â€

Both were meant as compliments.

But stripped of his aura of celebrity that’s part of the package when your client list includes John and Patsy Ramsey, Howard K. Stern, Richard Jewell, the mothers of Beth Holloway and Laci Peterson, Gary Condit and Katelyn Faber — aka the girl who accused NBA MVP Kobe Bryant of sexual assault — Wood is about as down-to-earth and straight-forward as a guy with his pedigree is bound to be.

snip

— John and Patsy Ramsey, the parents initially accused in the death of their daughter, JonBenet Ramsey: “The sad thing about this case is that the brutal murder of his daughter was not the first tragedy John Ramsey had to go through. His oldest daughter, Beth, was killed in a tragic auto accident along with her fiancee in ’92; Patsy was diagnosed with stage-4 ovarian cancer in ’93, followed by the brutal murder of JonBenet in ’96. All that tragedy was followed by 10 years of false accusations about the torture, sexual assault and murder of their child. And the only evidence that ever linked them to the case is that they were asleep in the house (where JonBenet was killed) that night. There was never any evidence that linked them to the crime. One thing I’m glad of is that the Boulder (Colo.) DA exonerated the Ramsey family in the crime. And I know Patsy went to her grave with that truth in her heart.â€
    — Beth Holloway, mother of Natalee Holloway, the Alabama teen who was abducted during a senior trip to Aruba: “I represented Beth Holloway to help her deal with the outrageous stories that were printed about the circumstances surrounding her daughter’s disappearance. She was tremendously distressed, as you’d expect, and she’s still looking for answers. She’s clinging to the slim hope that her daughter is still alive.â€

snip

“If I believe in my clients, it inspires me to use my God-given talents to best serve them.â€

snip

“Even though my father had committed this hideous crime, he was still my father, and I remember how two spectacular lawyers — Manley Brown and Hank O’Neal (both of Macon) — had done everything they could to help my father,†Wood said. “They did it out of a desire, I think, to help me, but that lesson stayed with me.
    “It confirmed what I’d felt all along, that this was my calling.â€
    Case closed.

Read entire article here - Source:http://www.albanyherald.com/stories/20080914n1.htm

2. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

I only have one thing to say...

:kmg: Woody

3. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Well,

If one praises oneself is there any more room others? No, nope, nada!

4. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Hey, Woody!

Tell me how my A** tastes!

5. Thor

Thor Active Member

Now THAT is funny. I needed that Punisher.

Yeah, what a waste of air Limp is. I despise him as much as I despise his client Lizard Tongue.

6. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Am I reading LW's quote correctly? What hideous crime did his father commit? It sounds like he became a defense attorney because he admired the defense attorneys who defended his father when his father committed a horrible crime.
    Of course, he mentions nothing about the fact that people who commit horrible crimes should be punished for those crimes, and that the job of a defense attorney used to be to see that their clients get a fair trial. That has been corrupted over the years, though, so that now even lying is condoned by defense attorneys, all that matters is getting your client acquitted, or even better, never being charged.

7. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Lin Wood's dad beat Lin's mother to death.

http://www.albanyherald.com/stories/20080914n1.htm

"Wood says he can’t remember a time when he did not want to be a trial lawyer, and that contention was solidified by a tragedy in his own family. After returning home from a date as a 16-year-old high schooler, he discovered that his father had beaten his mother to death."

8. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Amazing. So, knowing his father had committed this horrible crime, he decided to become the type of lawyer who tries to get people like this acquitted.

9. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

One of the seminal events of my conversion was watching him take on Nancy Grace and Marc Klaas and watching him threaten Marc. That was really the first time I saw what a scumwad piece of cr** he is.

10. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Did that article call Wood "ruggedly good looking?"

I've seen my share of ruggedly good looking men, and Wood doesn't meet the criteria. He has the demeanor of Russia's Putin and the same cardboard face with the same blank expression.

11. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

And the same predatory instincts.

12. Karen

Karen Member

Yes but he is a civil attorney I believe. He does it for the money, he even said so.
    I loved it when he and Wendy Murphy clashed on some show ,i don't remember which one ,and she pretty much showed she can't and won't be intimidated by the likes of him. Wendy Murphy became a hero of mine when I saw that. I admire her a great deal.

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

I LOVED that one!

14. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I am just guessing, but I imagine Lin Wood and his sister, who is also a bit...strange...suffered a lot as children living with the town knowing their parents were both drunks. Then his father murdered his mother, and Wood justified his determination to help his father by getting him a good defense team, as he stated in one of the articles about him and his life, by saying that if his father hadn't killed his mother, she easily could have killed his father. How's THAT for rationalization? WORLD-CLASS, indeed.

So I have always thought that Wood went into CIVIL law because, while defense attorneys can help GUILTY clients, as a CIVIL LAWYER, WOOD HAS GONE A LONG WAY TOWARDS STOPPING PEOPLE FROM TALKING ABOUT THE CRIMINALS and CRIMES. It's just something I intuit, and I am probably wrong, but I imagine Wood and his sister were children humiliated and embarrassed beyond bearing because of the turmoil they lived in, with alcoholic parents in a small town. Then the murder...they lost both parents at once in the worst way.

If there is anything you can spot in Lin Wood immediately, it's his facade of wounded pride.

Well, I do feel for him in that. But it turned him into something very unhappy, it seems. He's been married four times, and recently someone posted she's heard he's getting another divorce, but I haven't found any confirmation on that, so it could just be gossip.... (Uh oh.) Well, at any rate, four wives in one life has got to be an indication of some kind of unhappiness, seems to me.

Good thing Wood has his faithful horse....

15. heymom

heymom Member

Could anyone give me a source for info on Wood's life history? I would particularly like to know his sister's name and her history.

16. Little

Little Member

Heymom, the link to this takes you to another site now and isn't a direct link to the story. If it's not ok to post all of this please delete it.

17. heymom

heymom Member

Thanks Little! That was just what I needed to see. I had forgotten that the father beat the mother to death, was wondering if he shot her.

So they both became lawyers...very interesting...

Eidt: Emphasizing this quote...probably VERY true...

"I love my brother crazily and he loves me too," she said.

18. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Thanks for finding that article, Little. It's a good one for perspective on the Wood family history and dynamics, isn't it? Oh, how happy Sis was for Woody when PERV KARR was arrested! The Ramseys AND Wood VINDICATED!!

ooops

Here's a good article on this thread, and I bumped it up for re-reading, too:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3630

19. Levi

Levi Member

Lin Wood is an ambulance chaser. I don't understand why so many people like him. I've never understood why anyone likes Geoffrey Fieger either (another ambulance chaser) ...

20. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Who HERE likes Lin Wood?

Anyone?

Show of hands?

No? No one?

Levi - I believe that his popularity depends on one's Guilt. I cannot believeeee that I have not seen his tight little face all over the All About Casey Anthony Tour yet!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice