Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Yes but he is a civil attorney I believe. He does it for the money, he even said so.
    I loved it when he and Wendy Murphy clashed on some show ,i don't remember which one ,and she pretty much showed she can't and won't be intimidated by the likes of him. Wendy Murphy became a hero of mine when I saw that. I admire her a great deal.
    I LOVED that one!
    They should all drown in lakes of blood. Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night.

I am just guessing, but I imagine Lin Wood and his sister, who is also a bit...strange...suffered a lot as children living with the town knowing their parents were both drunks. Then his father murdered his mother, and Wood justified his determination to help his father by getting him a good defense team, as he stated in one of the articles about him and his life, by saying that if his father hadn't killed his mother, she easily could have killed his father. How's THAT for rationalization? WORLD-CLASS, indeed.

So I have always thought that Wood went into CIVIL law because, while defense attorneys can help GUILTY clients, as a CIVIL LAWYER, WOOD HAS GONE A LONG WAY TOWARDS STOPPING PEOPLE FROM TALKING ABOUT THE CRIMINALS and CRIMES. It's just something I intuit, and I am probably wrong, but I imagine Wood and his sister were children humiliated and embarrassed beyond bearing because of the turmoil they lived in, with alcoholic parents in a small town. Then the murder...they lost both parents at once in the worst way.

If there is anything you can spot in Lin Wood immediately, it's his facade of wounded pride.

Well, I do feel for him in that. But it turned him into something very unhappy, it seems. He's been married four times, and recently someone posted she's heard he's getting another divorce, but I haven't found any confirmation on that, so it could just be gossip.... (Uh oh.) Well, at any rate, four wives in one life has got to be an indication of some kind of unhappiness, seems to me.

Good thing Wood has his faithful horse....

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Could anyone give me a source for info on Wood's life history? I would particularly like to know his sister's name and her history.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    Could anyone give me a source for info on Wood's life history? I would particularly like to know his sister's name and her history.

Heymom, the link to this takes you to another site now and isn't a direct link to the story. If it's not ok to post all of this please delete it.

1 of 2

Diane Stern shows off a magazine cover featuring her brother, L. Lin Wood, the attorney who represented Patsy and John Ramsey, parents of JonBenet Ramsey, in several high profile civil actions
    Eric Mayes/Daily Item
    ADVERTISEMENT
    JONBENET RAMSEY CASE
    Interest in Ramsey case comes from family ties
    Milton woman's interest in developments comes from family ties
    By Eric Mayes
    The Daily Item
    August 23, 2006

MILTON — Like the rest of the nation, Diane Stern, of Milton, has been riveted by the JonBenet Ramsey case, not just because she always believed the Ramseys were innocent but because she's been able to watch their attorney — her brother, L. Lin Wood — continue his rise to national prominence.

For Ms. Stern, the arrest last week of John M. Karr in connection to the 10-year-old murder has vindicated her faith in the Ramseys' innocence and increased the affectionate pride she's always had for her little brother.
    "My brother whipped everybody's (butt)," she said.

Ms. Stern has been living in Milton for the last year, visiting friends. Last week, in the wake of new revelations in the 1996 murder, she recounted the details of the childhood she shared with her brother. Speaking with a soft southern twang that traces her Georgia background, she recounted the details of the murderous childhood she shared with her famous brother — a fact of her life that she said motivated both siblings to find success on their own terms.

Mr. Wood declined to comment for this story.

Brother and sister grew up in Macon, both have law degrees, a result, said Ms. Stern, of their determination to overcome a horrific childhood in the shadow of abuse that ultimately resulted in the murder of their mother. It was an event that has shaped their entire adult lives.
    "We burned through our demons and turned it around, each in different ways," she said.

On March 28, 1969, their father, Lucian Lincoln Wood, savagely beat to death their mother, Josephine Wood.

Neither of the siblings was home at the time, but Lin arrived home before Ms. Stern to find his father hunched over his mother trying to revive her. Ms. Stern arrived home shortly thereafter.

"We pulled up in front of the house and my brother, who never cried, was coming down the driveway and he was crying," she remembered.
    It was a moment that forever changed their lives.

"We both went through our own hell," Ms. Stern said. "For Lin, it was coming home and seeing his mother beat to a pulp."

The kids were split up after that, each farmed out to families who could raise them. Lucien Wood went to prison on manslaughter charges.

Speaking, at times through tears, and still visibly affected by the murder of her mother by her father, time has mellowed Ms. Stern's view of her own life and her brother's.

"It was our life that made us what we were," she said.

After the murder, she said, both went through a period of aimlessness. She dabbled in drugs and was briefly institutionalized after a mental breakdown.

According to his sister, Mr. Wood turned to drink and women.

But both, in time, went on to achieve their own brand of success.

Ms. Stern went on to get a law degree, worked for the ACLU and to write a book. Mr. Wood too got a law degree and started to practice in Atlanta, gaining fame in legal circles for his role in several high-profile cases including, aside from the Ramsey case, the Kobe Bryant case and a libel suit involving Congressman Gary Condit and writer Dominick Dunne.

"He was always meant to be a lawyer," she said.

Both were relentless in arguments as youngsters and they continue to hold strong opinions to this day. Mr. Wood has gained a reputation as being equally relentless today.

Last Wednesday's arrest of Mr. Karr simply reminded Ms. Stern of the deep pride she feels for her brother.

She sent him a e-mail congratulating him that same day. His reply seemed validate her theory of how her brother turned tragedy into success.

"I am convinced tonight, as I have been for years, that what I do best is a direct result of what you and I experienced as the worst in our lives," he wrote in reply.

She cried softly as she read the message.

"I love my brother crazily and he loves me too," she said.
    http://www.dailyitem.com/apps/pbcs.d...230326/-1/NEWS
    No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. -Heraclitus Fragments c. 500 BC

Thanks Little! That was just what I needed to see. I had forgotten that the father beat the mother to death, was wondering if he shot her.

So they both became lawyers...very interesting...

Eidt: Emphasizing this quote...probably VERY true...

"I love my brother crazily and he loves me too," she said.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Thanks for finding that article, Little. It's a good one for perspective on the Wood family history and dynamics, isn't it? Oh, how happy Sis was for Woody when PERV KARR was arrested! The Ramseys AND Wood VINDICATED!!

ooops

Here's a good article on this thread, and I bumped it up for re-reading, too:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...ead.php?t=3630

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Lin Wood is an ambulance chaser. I don't understand why so many people like him. I've never understood why anyone likes Geoffrey Fieger either (another ambulance chaser) ...

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Cool

Who HERE likes Lin Wood?

Anyone?

Show of hands?

No? No one?

Levi - I believe that his popularity depends on one's Guilt. I cannot believeeee that I have not seen his tight little face all over the All About Casey Anthony Tour yet!
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Default I hate to sound cold....BUT....

"According to his sister, Mr. Wood turned to drink and women."

Maybe the "drink" is why he believes that the Ramsey's are innocent. Either he has killed a few brain cells, or he still turns to "drink"...because a person would HAVE to be drunk to think that the Ramsey's didn't have anything to do with their daughter's murder.

OH, I don't know about that, Ames. Wood has made enough money and gotten enough "publicity money can't buy" off the Ramseys to
    "believe" they walk on water.

But "drink and women" might explain the many divorces....

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    OH, I don't know about that, Ames. Wood has made enough money and gotten enough "publicity money can't buy" off the Ramseys to
    "believe" they walk on water.

But "drink and women" might explain the many divorces....
    The drink is enough to explain the divorces. Alcoholics can be extremely abusive. Verbal and emotional abuse is often more painful, hence leaves more damage than physical abuse.

We have all seen how nasty Wood can be in his direct insults to Internet posters. Imagine how much more so he is when he doesn't have to mince words - say under the influence, at home alone, with his wife.

He has always left me cold. I believe the man is a narcissistic sociopath. He belongs with his horse. Any woman that gets involved with him should already know his background and what he does for a living so she does so at her own risk. I can only think of 3 types of women who would even consider being with a man like Wood: 1.) A gold digger so money grubbing that she is willing to risk everything for a prenup he is going to rub her nose in later. 2) Someone with an extremely low self-esteem - likely to have been a victim - perhaps of incest, rape or other violent crime at a young age. 3) A publicity skank (addict.)

Woodie
    Last edited by "J_R"; September 27, 2008, 11:49 am at Sat Sep 27 11:49:17 UTC 2008. Reason: Editing an error, hence to edit.
    Never let the children, Elders, the sick, or the infirm be exploited.

"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Let's bring all our missing and military home safely!

All of my thoughts written here are my constitutionally protected opinion.

I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle. (author unknown)

©

You're probably right, JR. And with your "list", one can see jams' attraction to Wood.... With both of them willing to sell out to the Ramseys so easily, they sound like a perfect pair.

Didn't gutter candy say she read somewhere Wood is on his fourth divorce...or is it fifth? Or no?

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~