Patsy's Blue Dress

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by AMES, Sep 14, 2008.

1. AMES

AMES Member

JR: Well, I (garbled) that she kinda’ knows what’s going on. And um, Patsy was a very strong person, very positive person. Any time we traveled she took a blue dress with her. And the blue dress was to in case they found the killer, and if she was asked to be interview, she could wear the blue dress. And she did that for years, and finally gave up hauling the blue dress around. So, yea.

O: She lived believing that they were going to find the killer.

JR: Yep.

O: You must have suspicions about who the killer could be.

JR: We believe they came in while we were out, waited for us to go to bed, to sleep and um, ah, took JonBenet from her room. Um, I’ve said always said I don’t know anybody this evil or have anyone around me this evil. This was a horribly evil act.

O: That you now of.

JR: That I know of. We were in a relatively small town, uh, we had a relatively large business, so we were fairly visible. So I don’t know.

O: Did you feel that the police in any way bungled this whole thing?

JR: Oh yeah. Yeah. I don’t know how to say that in a polite way, but they were inexperienced, ahhh, had a lot of arrogance, and that’s a very
    dangerous combination. And so certainly they did.

O: And in the beginning did you understand why you would be suspect?

JR: Yeah, I did. It didn’t make sense. Uhh, but I accepted it. In fact I told the police, “Well okay, investigate us, but for heaven sake, don’t stop with us.†But if course they did. And that was the frustrating part.

O: And you said that Patsy carried the blue dress around. Blue because blue looks good on TV. J
    R: Yeah (chuckle).

O: Yeah, it’s a great color to wear. That’s why I thought a lot of people (garbled). Blue is the best color to wear for TV. So she was carrying around the dress with the hopes that one day…
    JR: That one day she, we would get a call.

---------------------------------

Well, I don't know about you guys, but if the killer of my child was caught and I was called for an interview...the very LAST thing that I would be thinking about is "I will wear a blue dress, because blue looks good on tv".

John makes it sound as if she had this ONE particular dress that she hauled around for YEARS. Patsy and her fashion conscious self....hauling around the same blue dress for years? MY, MY Patsy...what would people THINK? You wearing a dress that has been out of style for many, many years. (GASP!)
    If he expects us to believe that it was only ONE dress...then we all know that it has to be a lie. And why would she carry around a blue dress to wear in case the "killer" was caught...when SHE (along with coverup John), WAS the killer? The blue dress story has to be made up.

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Ames, I see your point, but I don't believe the story is made up. I think it was part of the Ramsey ruse at "believing" there was an intruder. Patsy had to haul the dress around and pretend like she just KNEW she'd need it one day when the infamous "intruder" was finally caught. It was part of the illusion that began with the staging of the crime scene, went through the writing of the ransom note, the "breathless" 911 call and the "hold your babies close" acting lesson on CNN a week later.

The Ramseys had to at least ACT like they believed an intruder was out there since the evidence of one existing was next to nil. The blue dress was part of Patsy's Act III in the drama; the faithful and persecuted mother carrying around her blue dress, ever ready and believing in that day when the "intruder" (she had created) materialized.

The blue dress wasn't for Patsy's benefit. It was for those around her for whom the illusion needed to be continued.

3. AMES

AMES Member

I agree with you. I posted on WBS about this same subject the day after John was on Oprah, and I said that there was two reasons for the blue dress, IMO...
    1. It was a total lie
    2. Patsy actually did carry around a blue dress, just in case some innocent person was arrested and charged with JB's murder, and she could look good for the tv interview.

The more I thought about it though, I thought....would Patsy actually carry around the same blue dress for years and years, hoping to wear it for her interview when the killer is caught?? I guess the answer to that is YES, if she KNEW that she would never have to wear it.

4. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

She fooled a lot of people, including herself, I think.

5. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Absolutely correct Chero,

And I'd be willing to bet the farm that anyone willing to listen and see, KNEW that she carried around that dress for what that behavior states.

I'd bet TWO farms that carrying around that dress wasn't a little lovable family "cute secret" that some families share. I'm sure she told anyone and everyone if the opportunity arose to segue that into a conversation :lier:.

6. AMES

AMES Member

She knew that she would never have to wear that dress, so carrying the same one around year after year after year....when styles change over and over again, wasn't a big deal. But you are right, I bet that she told EVERYBODY about that blue dress. I mean look at JOHN...he told the whole NATION on Oprah, and WHY? If they were innocent, why even mention that stupid old blue dress in the first place? John and Patsy both thought that it would make them look MORE innocent, but in reality, it makes them look more GUILTY..imo

7. heymom

heymom Member

Any parent, let alone a MOTHER, who would worry about what she was wearing if/when the murderer of her child was found, is a sick, sick person at best.

I mean, think about it - would you even CARE what clothing you had on if someone called you and said, "They have arrested the killer of your child, can we get an interview?" Hell they could interview me buck naked and I wouldn't care!!!

That little story of the blue dress and how Patsy was concerned that she would have the right color dress on hand "just in case" just shows how vain and narcissistic she really was. The Ramseys tried to make this seem normal, and as though anyone would do such a thing, and like all narcissists, or borderline personalities, they fail because they don't understand that most people don't think as they do.

It proves that neither of them really had any feeling for JonBenet whatsoever. If my husband were to be in the same position as JR, and I was concerned primarily over what I was going to wear should I be asked on camera after a killer had been found, I'd expect him to wonder who the F he had married. What kind of monster gives any thought to what she is going to wear in that situation???

Patsy Ramsey, that's who.

8. Karen

Karen Member

I wonder what happened to the blue dress? JR said she was buried in her favorite teal suit. Could that be it?
    Wait a second.....I wonder what happened to ALL of Patsy's things. Hmmmm, where are all the closets of brand new clothes and all the lipsticks she couldn't find while living in Boulder?! Where is the mink coat or muffler or boots or whatever it was. HMMMMM?

9. AMES

AMES Member

Beth Twitty may have a new wardrobe now.

10. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

That was over a long time ago!

11. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

blue dress

I bet it was that same light blue suit with the white stripe trim she had on in 2 different tv spots. Maybe the larry king show for one.

12. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Wasn't that suit actually Navy? I remember a dark blue suit with white trim on the collar. Unless there was another one.

13. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Oops. There goes those falsehoods again, as John demonstrates that when somebody tells the truth, it will be consistent, but when they tell a lie, they can never keep their versions the same from telling to telling. In this case, Patsy herself contradicts John, in a newspaper article appearing in the Rocky Mountain News of December 15, 2001.

Edited to add: Wait a minute. So John also said on Oprah...

Yet within the same minute, he says that she carried the dress around in case the killer was caught, but then stopped carrying it around, which, as the RMN article confirms, was because Patsy stopped believing the killer would be found and she would not likely need to be interviewed about it. So how does that equal "She lived believing that they were going to find the killer"? Especially since "After five years, she and her husband, John, have discarded as a fantasy the idea that Boulder police will ever arrest someone for the Christmas night 1996 murder of their 6-year-old daughter, JonBenet"?

14. AMES

AMES Member

LOL..yeah, I know. I was only kidding....but, its not too far fetched to think that John may have given Beth some of Patsy's things, since he did start dating her after Patsy died.

15. AMES

AMES Member

good catch!

16. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

The Ramseys have proven one thing to a certainly, BEYOND ANY DOUBT: it's hard to keep your lies straight, especially over many years of lying.

17. rashomon

rashomon Member

Imo the key to answering this question lies in Patsy's personality. For Patsy was basically a stage performer. That was the role she had been trained to play since childhood, therefore playing it had become an integral part of her personality.
    I don't think she kept the year-old blue dress for looking good on TV in case an innocent person was arrested. For being a multimillionaire's wife, she could have obtained an ultramodern blue dress in no time.
    Imo she kept the blue dress for an ultimate drama queen "revenge" performance in case of a false arrest.

"You all who have suspected me of killing my daughter - watch carefully :D : here I am, Patsy Ramsey, vindicated, wearing a blue dress similar to those I wore back then in many TV appearances, to remind you all of how you wronged me ...!"

"All the world's a stage" - and Patsy Ramsey was married to her role till death parted them.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice