Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by John Ramsey
    O: And you said that Patsy carried the blue dress around. Blue because blue looks good on TV. J
    R: Yeah (chuckle).

O: Yeah, it’s a great color to wear. That’s why I thought a lot of people (garbled). Blue is the best color to wear for TV. So she was carrying around the dress with the hopes that one day…
    JR: That one day she, we would get a call.
    Oops. There goes those falsehoods again, as John demonstrates that when somebody tells the truth, it will be consistent, but when they tell a lie, they can never keep their versions the same from telling to telling. In this case, Patsy herself contradicts John, in a newspaper article appearing in the Rocky Mountain News of December 15, 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Patsy Ramsey
    For a time, the ring of a telephone could plunge Patsy Ramsey into a hopeful trance. Each call replayed a vision in which she answered to a voice bearing good news and great relief. Then there was a news conference, a lectern, microphones and camera flashes. Answering questions. Cleared of suspicion.

Once, Patsy Ramsey could envision that world. She even had her dress picked out.

"I used to drag this navy suit around for two years, in case they caught the killer," she said, "because I was that sure it would happen. I was on the edge of my tiptoes. The phone would ring and I would think this was it, they're calling to say, 'We got him.' "

Patsy, 44, no longer keeps her navy suit at the ready. After five years, she and her husband, John, have discarded as a fantasy the idea that Boulder police will ever arrest someone for the Christmas night 1996 murder of their 6-year-old daughter, JonBenet.

"We've hoped for five years now that the killer would be found and, while I don't give up hope, I certainly have quit waiting for the phone to ring," John told the Rocky Mountain News on Nov. 30, in the the couple's only newspaper interview this year.
    Edited to add: Wait a minute. So John also said on Oprah...

Quote Originally Posted by John Ramsey
    JR: Well, I (garbled) that she kinda’ knows what’s going on. And um, Patsy was a very strong person, very positive person. Any time we traveled she took a blue dress with her. And the blue dress was to in case they found the killer, and if she was asked to be interview, she could wear the blue dress. And she did that for years, and finally gave up hauling the blue dress around. So, yea.

O: She lived believing that they were going to find the killer.

JR: Yep.
    Yet within the same minute, he says that she carried the dress around in case the killer was caught, but then stopped carrying it around, which, as the RMN article confirms, was because Patsy stopped believing the killer would be found and she would not likely need to be interviewed about it. So how does that equal "She lived believing that they were going to find the killer"? Especially since "After five years, she and her husband, John, have discarded as a fantasy the idea that Boulder police will ever arrest someone for the Christmas night 1996 murder of their 6-year-old daughter, JonBenet"?

Quote Originally Posted by Moab View Post
    That was over a long time ago!
    LOL..yeah, I know. I was only kidding....but, its not too far fetched to think that John may have given Beth some of Patsy's things, since he did start dating her after Patsy died.

Quote Originally Posted by why_nut View Post
    oops. There goes those falsehoods again, as john demonstrates that when somebody tells the truth, it will be consistent, but when they tell a lie, they can never keep their versions the same from telling to telling. In this case, patsy herself contradicts john, in a newspaper article appearing in the rocky mountain news of december 15, 2001.

Edited to add: Wait a minute. So john also said on oprah...

Yet within the same minute, he says that she carried the dress around in case the killer was caught, but then stopped carrying it around, which, as the rmn article confirms, was because patsy stopped believing the killer would be found and she would not likely need to be interviewed about it. So how does that equal "she lived believing that they were going to find the killer"? Especially since "after five years, she and her husband, john, have discarded as a fantasy the idea that boulder police will ever arrest someone for the christmas night 1996 murder of their 6-year-old daughter, jonbenet"?

good catch!

The Ramseys have proven one thing to a certainly, BEYOND ANY DOUBT: it's hard to keep your lies straight, especially over many years of lying.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by AMES View Post
    I agree with you. I posted on WBS about this same subject the day after John was on Oprah, and I said that there was two reasons for the blue dress, IMO...
    1. It was a total lie
    2. Patsy actually did carry around a blue dress, just in case some innocent person was arrested and charged with JB's murder, and she could look good for the tv interview.

The more I thought about it though, I thought....would Patsy actually carry around the same blue dress for years and years, hoping to wear it for her interview when the killer is caught?? I guess the answer to that is YES, if she KNEW that she would never have to wear it.
    Imo the key to answering this question lies in Patsy's personality. For Patsy was basically a stage performer. That was the role she had been trained to play since childhood, therefore playing it had become an integral part of her personality.
    I don't think she kept the year-old blue dress for looking good on TV in case an innocent person was arrested. For being a multimillionaire's wife, she could have obtained an ultramodern blue dress in no time.
    Imo she kept the blue dress for an ultimate drama queen "revenge" performance in case of a false arrest.

"You all who have suspected me of killing my daughter - watch carefully : here I am, Patsy Ramsey, vindicated, wearing a blue dress similar to those I wore back then in many TV appearances, to remind you all of how you wronged me ...!"

"All the world's a stage" - and Patsy Ramsey was married to her role till death parted them.
    Last edited by rashomon; September 20, 2008, 6:16 pm at Sat Sep 20 18:16:47 UTC 2008.