The Patsy Paugh bio thread

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by heymom, Sep 27, 2008.

1. heymom

heymom Member

I am reading Marilyn Vanderbur's autobiography and I started wondering - what do we know about Patsy's family of origin? What do we know about her father, for example? His background? Her mother's background?

If there is a good comprehensive summary of Patsy's life, please let me know, and in the meanwhile, could all of you list any facts you know about Patsy, her sisters, her mother Nedra, her father Don, or any other Paugh family member?

The veneer of "perfect family" that John Ramsey and Patsy Paugh Ramsey put forward is similar to what Marilyn Vanderbur describes in her book. And Nedra's very inappropriate comments about the size of Burke's penis when he was a baby, as well as JonBenet's appearance, dress, etc. make me wonder deeply whether there wasn't an incest experience in Patsy's own family.

2. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Patsy fits the profile of an abuse survivor but unless someone she confided in comes forward and is willing to talk about what was known as the "silent sin," until recent years then we will probably never know. Certainly the Paugh family and the RST won't be spilling those beans.

3. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

I'm from West Virginia and know people that knew the Paughs - here's the brief bits I know.

Don worked for Carbide in South Charleston. During that period they lived in a very upscale neighborhood in that city.

Nedra ran a tight ship and everything was always 50's type perfect. She was viewed as energetic, devoted to her daughters and family life, if not kind of a pushy parent. Like Patsy, Nedra appeared to be very interested in appearances of things - perfect girls, perfect house....that kind of thing.

I've seen one of their homes in Parkersburg - the neighborhood isn't as nice as South Charleston but still very middle-class, well kept up type homes.

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

The parallels between Patsy and Van Derbur, from their lives of accomplishment, wealth, and pageant activities to the tragedies and dark secrets, in light of JonBenet's molestation injuries and murder, are stunning, heymom. When I was reading that book years ago, I posted on a thread at another forum that was active then, called "Purgatory", about it. If you want to see those two threads, I'll see if I can find them if they're still up, so let me know.

The most I ever saw written about the Paughs and Patsy's childhood was in the McLean book, written by a friend of Patsy's from W.V. McLean had various people from Patsy's childhood and life talk and write about her. You can buy the book online at amazon, second hand, for about $10--JonBenet's Mother. It's worth the read because they unwittingly explain a lot about why Patsy would go so far to cover up what happened to JonBenet, IMO. They use terms like "perfect" and "close to a saint" more than once. They describe her as if she wasn't even human. How far would that fall be if the truth came out? Talk about naive....

5. heymom

heymom Member

Yes, I'd love to see those threads, if you can find them, KK! And I'm going to look up that book, too. I had no idea that such a book existed.

The main theme that is striking me is the "perfect" image that Marilyn's mother had to maintain, always being concerned about what other people would think, never worried about what happened to her own girls. If anything I think her mother was MORE evil than her father, because she knew what was going on and did not protect them. She also actively sabotaged Marilyn when she thought it would benefit her own interests.

So many people described Patsy in those same glowing unnatural terms...The "perfect family" where no one ever yelled or had problems...it's not real. It points to dysfunction of some kind, secrets never told, addictions never addressed. A family is ALWAYS going to have bad times, tough moments, where voices get raised, things get thrown, people swear, cry, scream or run away. That's life. But not Patsy, not John. They were perfect parents, perfect friends, perfect spouses to each other.

The veneer is too thin.

6. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

What's the old saying: if something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

7. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Whoa......Perfect Murder, Perfect Town.......

Hey Lady!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for showing up with that tidbit!

8. koldkase

Yep, you two nailed it: Patsy all over it.

9. koldkase

Heymom, if you don't have a free membership at Purgatory, you'll have to get one to read these.

I'm going to include some jewels collected there through the years while I go through my bookmarks, by the way. This one brings up the question of Dr. Beuf being one of the phone calls made that night--leading to the need to "disappear" the actual Ramsey phone call listings, aided by Hunter's refusal to EVER get a phone subpoena for the Ramsey phones. Ginja, a member here, as well, states that call was made. She also talks about John Ramsey's having Beth's photos in his bathroom...something decidedly not usual in a father, IMO.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.asp?webtag=PurgatoryII&msg=1230.321+&find=Search

10. koldkase

Okay, I hope this brings up the right thread, heymom, as Purgatory sometimes has a strange issue with threads changing or being something else under the url addy...drives me a bit crazy as I've looked up some threads so many times through the years.... I got the Miss America By Day thread when I clicked on this, so hope you do:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/PurgatoryII/messages?msg=1262.1

If it won't work for you, let me know and I'll try copying it here, if there's no objection from the picky mods ----> :curse:

11. heymom

heymom Member

I am a Delphi member already, so I'm OK to read this thread...

The photos of Beth in John's bathroom was a red flag to me. A very weird red flag. John's tic of sticking his tongue out - another red flag. Ask a psychologist what showing a very intimate body part like the tongue signifies. There are other red flags, but those are the ones that I'm thinking of right now...Thanks and I'm going to read!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice