Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Found this article about the basement being remodeled:

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2007...nt-gets-re-do/

Ramsey basement gets re-do
    Entertainment wall and wet bar among improvements
    By Christine Reid
    Friday, June 8, 2007

Source: City of Boulder building department
    The infamous Boulder basement where JonBenet Ramsey's strangled and beaten body was found more than 10 years ago is being finished into a recreation room with a bar and wine cellar.

Construction on the home at 749 15th St. — owned by a California couple who bought it three years ago for just over $1 million — began last month after the renovation was approved by city building inspectors.

Plans for finishing approximately 975 square feet include an entertainment wall with a flatscreen television, a gas fireplace accented by a raised stone hearth and archways with synthetic-stone lined walls, according to architecture plans filed with the city. A pool table is picturedin the rendering, as well as a wet bar with stools.

The room where John Ramsey discovered his 6-year-old daughter's body on Dec. 26, 1996, under a blanket with black tape sealing her mouth and a garrote throttling her neck, will remain a "utility room," according to the plans.

Buzz up!vote nowShare your video, photos and news tips.
    Previous media reports said the small, cement-floored room had been sealed off, but the plans show that its entrance was only partially blocked by a wall, which will now come down for the installation of a bathroom.

When construction is completed in three to four months, the room will be closed off by a door and will be one of two rooms left undone as storage space, the plans show.

The 6,800-square-foot, Tudor-style home was bought by Tim and Carol Milner for $1,050,000 in 2004. The couple is not currently living there and did not return calls from the Camera.

Carol Milner is the daughter of "Hour of Power" televangelist Robert Schuller, and Tim Milner works at the Crystal Cathedral for his father-in-law in Southern California.

They put the house on the market briefly in 2005, but it's not currently for sale, according to a local real estate agent. The Ramseys paid $500,000 when they bought the home in 1991; it's now assessed at a value of $1.55 million.

The house has seen several changes since JonBenet's death, including smaller renovations, the construction of a cast-iron fence to keep people off the property, and a new address designed to throw off gawkers.

Ramsey house timeline
    November 1991 — John and Patsy Ramsey buy the house at 755 15th St. for $500,000.

Dec. 26, 1996 — JonBenet Ramsey is found dead in the basement of the home. Her family never spends another night there.

February 1998 — A group of investors buys the home for $650,000, pledging to resell it and donate profits to JonBenet Ramsey Children's Foundation.

1999-2001 — E.J. "Doc" Kreis, the University of Colorado's speed, strength and conditioning coach, rents the house before being fired and moving to California.

June 2001 — The address is changed to 749 15th St.

May 2004 — Tim and Carol Milner buy the house for $1.05 million.

May 2007 — The county assesses the property at $1.55 million.
    Still, people drive by to peer at the house about once an hour, said Brady Van Matre, owner of Van Matre Construction, which is working on the house. He said the gate is often left open for workers, so he has to have someone watching it to make sure nobody wanders in.

Van Matre, who has worked on the house before and is also doing some improvements to the kitchen, said that as a Boulderite, he's ashamed of people's morbid curiosity.

"It's really not that fascinating, honestly," he said.

Randall Bell, an economist considered the country's foremost expert on damaged real estate, said remodeling a home is a good way to distance it from its tragic legacy.

"There's no cure like time, but it does help," Bell said. "It removes some of those physical reminders."

When new owners bought the California condo where O.J. Simpson's ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, was found stabbed to death, Bell said he encouraged changes to the home's famous facade. His plan worked so well that Bell himself had trouble finding the place, he said. And when he finally did, he witnessed a group of confused gawkers snapping pictures of a nearby home.

Bell said home values eventually bounce back after notorious crimes, but 10 percent to 20 price drops and long waits are typical in the first two to three years.

The home where pregnant actress Sharon Tate and four others were murdered by followers of Charles Manson in California sold for full price after 20 years, Bell said.

That the Ramsey home still attracts “Lookey Lous” more than a decade after the murder seems unusual, Bell said.

A grand jury investigated JonBenet’s death, but returned no indictment. The case remains unsolved.
    Here is the floor plan from the picture:

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

And I bet that house will be much happier with the remodeling. Less negative energy, though JBR is long gone from there.

I know quite a bit about EVP (electronic voice perception), and was not aware that anyone had "caught" JBR's voice on electromagnetic tape. Anyone else hear of this? EVP is different from other kinds of paranormal activity in that it can be heard (though not always clearly) by anyone, psychic or not, and a person need not be clairaudient to hear the deceased "words" (a misnomer, since they no longer have a voice box nor any physical apparatus for speech).
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    So...how did this "psychic" group get INTO the home to do a reading? This particular show isn't that old, either, maybe a couple of years?
    The answer is simple -- they did not. As the Denver Post noted back in February:

http://www.denverpost.com/entertainment/ci_8152504

Insiders tell me a truTv crew has taken over the main stage at the Denver Studio Complex to re-create the Ramseys' former Boulder home — including JonBenet's bedroom and the basement, where the body was discovered by her father Dec. 26, 1996.

So, apparently JonBenet's psychic energy will be found at a sound stage she never was present at.

I was thinking today they might be going to just use the "old video" like we see on the link and do a "voice over" AS IF they were there...but then I thought, no way they'd be that dishonest, right?

Then I was reading DeeDee's post about the electromagnetic thingie...and I thought, are they going to use JonBenet's VOICE RECORDING to make a whole "psychic" show on her? PLeeeeeeeeze, TOO HOKEY.

Now Why Nut, you bring up the "sound stage" as a possibility?

It's going to be bad, isn't it?

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Why_Nut View Post
    The answer is simple -- they did not. As the Denver Post noted back in February:

http://www.denverpost.com/entertainment/ci_8152504

Insiders tell me a truTv crew has taken over the main stage at the Denver Studio Complex to re-create the Ramseys' former Boulder home — including JonBenet's bedroom and the basement, where the body was discovered by her father Dec. 26, 1996.

So, apparently JonBenet's psychic energy will be found at a sound stage she never was present at.
    I'm surprised the truTV crew were not sued by John Ramsey WN (?). Thank you for posting this.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    I'm surprised the truTV crew were not sued by John Ramsey WN (?). Thank you for posting this.
    Where's Lin Wood when you need him?
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    Where's Lin Wood when you need him?
    Turning over rocks?

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Turning over rocks?
    Living under them.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    Living under them.
    That's my vote, too! Hope they squash him.
    They should all drown in lakes of blood. Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night.

Smile Evp

Well, I have that show on 'remind' for tonight - so will probably watch and 'see' what happens!

There is a lady, Sandra, that does this EVP; hopefully, no one minds if I post her link here - if not, just delete!!

http://www.heliumraven.com/casefile

she helped in the Laci Peterson case...

ya never know, though!!
    ~~"Veni, Vidi, Velcro!
    I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

I hate to tell y'all, but this is the absolute lowest Lou Smit, Michael Tracey, and Court TV ever hit.

If these people are psychic, then I'm the Queen of England.

It's the Lou Smit "intruder" theory in every single detail, quoted chapter and verse. Word for word, I'm telling you.

The "psychics" use that "replica of the home" on a soundstage--basically a floor plan taped off, and not much more, spliced with the old video of the home taken by "someone" in the house long ago when it was empty. The rest of the time, they stay on the "outside" of the actual home fencing in Boulder, wandering around and "acting" like they "sense" this and that. You'd have to go far to find acting this bad, too. I bet the current home owners trying to see the house now are livid.

Smit tools these psychics around town, even to the White's house...yeah, bet the White's loved THAT! Smit "feeds" them questions, and I could deliver the answers they give word for word without so much as a pause, because WE'VE ALL HEARD IT A MILLION TIMES BEFORE.

And even WORSE, they have the SAME SMARMY, LYING VOICEOVER GUY TELLING WHOPPERS I don't believe ANYONE CONSCIOUS IN THIS COUNTRY IN THE LAST DECADE CAN'T DISPUTE: "UNTIL NOW only LE has known that the intruder used a stun gun...." I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP!!

And Michael Tracey has to get HIS RAT FACE on camera, of course. Telling more GOSSIP: He had a student who judged the last beauty pageant JonBenet was in, and she asked a STRANGE MAN next to JonBenet how his daughter did and he said great!!

And to EXPLAIN the pineapple THIS TIME, they show the killer hiding in HER closet, her waking up and going downstairs and lo and behold, EATING THE PINEAPPLE ON THE TABLE ALL ALONE! The intruder followed her and STUN GUNNED HER INTO UNCONSCIOUSNESS!

I tell you, these people are so stupid, I cannot believe it. I just cannot believe there are people who will tell such lies, who even find a market for this drivel! But there they are, airing it, and you KNOW they made money off of it. These people are really the worst cons and frauds--and I'm including Michael Tracey and Lou Smit in this group of lying parasites--that have ever put their disgraceful lies to the name of JonBenet.

The bottomless pit has no end.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

I hate to tell y'all, but this is the absolute lowest Lou Smit, Michael Tracey, and Court TV ever hit.

If these people are psychic, then I'm a the Queen of England.

It's the Lou Smit "intruder" theory in every single detail, with a former video taken by "someone" in the house long ago when it was empty. The rest of the time, they stay on the "outside" of the home. I bet the current owners are livid.

Smit tools them around town, even to the White's house...yeah, bet the White's loved THAT!

And to EXPLAIN the pineapple THIS TIME, they show the killer hiding in HER closet, her waking up and going downstairs and lo and behold, EATING THE PINEAPPLE ON THE TABLE ALL ALONE! The intruder followed her and STUN GUNNED HER INTO UNCONSCIOUSNESS!

I tell you, these people are really the worst cons and frauds--and I'm including Michael Tracey and Lou Smit in this group of lying parasites--that have ever put their disgraceful lies to the name of JonBenet.

The bottomless pit has no end.
    Yep, and the head bash was NEVER mentioned. I thought that when they said that after the stun gunning, and she was taken to the basement, and woke up...that they were going to say that he hit her on the head with something. BUT NOOOOO...they say that he stunned gunned her AGAIN. Where did the head blow come in then?? Also, if this guy entered using his own flashlight, as the "Psychics" said, then why did he have to find, use and wipe down the Ramsey's? Did you notice that when that one Psychic was reading the RN, he said..."it says here NOT to put the money in an attaché, to put it in a brown paper bag", then he says..."I think that he saw that in a movie".