Default "Famous case of an exploited and oversexualised little girl"

I did look for a beauty pageant thread but didn't find one. This isn't exactly the way Patsy thought all her hard work would be remembered, is it?

When young girls strut
    published: Sunday | September 28, 2008

Glenda Simms
    In a letter to The Gleaner, Dr Marie Hamilton raised some of the very pertinent and troubling issues related to the choice of a 13-year-old girl child as the 2008 top model by the Pulse modelling agency.

She was particularly concerned about the images projected of the 13-year-old body as a symbol of the form that should titillate and entice the fashion houses and the designers who decide not only what women should and should not wear, but the size and stature of the 'flat-chested' girls who should strut their stuff on the runways of the global meat markets.

skip

The most famous case of an exploited and oversexualised little girl was that of six-year-old JonBenet Ramsey, described as "a painted baby" and "a sexualised toddler beauty queen". Her mother, Patsy, was a former beauty queen who no doubt wished her little girl to continue in her footsteps. To this end, she enrolled her young daughter in many different beauty pageants, several of which she won. Tragically, little JonBenet Ramsey was found murdered in the basement of the family house. Her murder was never solved. What is recorded by the relevant authorities is that this little girl was sexually violated and tortured before she died. Popular sentiments at the time of this tragedy linked parental collusion to the robbing of the little girl's childhood. It is reported that on several occasions, her parents and their high-society friends clapped as she strutted her stuff for their amusement at many of social gatherings.

mother-daughter psychological framework

At the base of the mother-daughter psychological framework is a desire on the part of the mother to live out her fantasies, frustrated desires and her retarded potential to be a certain 'smaddy'. The same desire to project on to our sons the unrealised dreams of their fathers can also be argued, and many who study the dynamics of father-son relationships will detect the nature of unfulfilled dreams in the way men who accept fatherhood as a serious endeavour relate to their sons' development.
    Read entire article here: http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...cleisure2.html
    No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. -Heraclitus Fragments c. 500 BC

It's a fitting rememberance.
    They should all drown in lakes of blood. Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night.

Thanks for bringing that here, Little.

I can't tell you how many times I see JonBenet's name used in a perjorative sense now. In books, on TV, magazine articles...whenever they want to point to an example of an abused and sexually exploited child, they say the name of JonBenet.

The Ramseys and their spinners can pretend to their last breaths that public opinion about the Ramseys has changed. But all the propaganda put forth by LacyTraceySmit, all the slap suits brought by Lin Wood will never change that any decent parent can see the truth in this case: JonBenet is the poster child for child sexual abuse.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Thanks for bringing that here, Little.

I can't tell you how many times I see JonBenet's name used in a perjorative sense now. In books, on TV, magazine articles...whenever they want to point to an example of an abused and sexually exploited child, they say the name of JonBenet.

The Ramseys and their spinners can pretend to their last breaths that public opinion about the Ramseys has changed. But all the propaganda put forth by LacyTraceySmit, all the slap suits brought by Lin Wood will never change that any decent parent can see the truth in this case: JonBenet is the poster child for child sexual abuse.

I know KK. It's so sad. JonBenet was just one cute little kid, but that's not why she's remembered. She's remembered as a little girl who was exploited by the people who were supposed to just love her for who she was, not for what she could do for them.

Little
    No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. -Heraclitus Fragments c. 500 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Little View Post
    She's remembered as a little girl who was exploited by the people who were supposed to just love her for who she was, not for what she could do for them.

Little
    And then she was abandoned by them when she needed them most, to witness for her, to see that justice was done.

What more do we need to know about these people to see that their "perfect family" facade was as fake as Patsy's implants?

You know, the more I see of John Ramsey without Patsy as a distraction, the more I wonder about him....

Have y'all seen the discussion at topix, where the old "gossip" brought up last year by the poster "Dots" is being discussed?

Of course, no way to know if what "Dots" remembered was true, if any of it is true or if she's telling the truth. Dots claimed she got the stories as gossip herself. But if some of it has a ring of truth to it, it's that John Ramsey was the kind of man who easily cheated on his wife and children for two years--which he admitted himself. Now I'm wondering if he cheated on Patsy, as well. Bring in the "Atlanta fad" of young women wearing the large sized Bloomies for girls because they thought they were "sexy" BECAUSE they looked like little girls' panties, and that Dots claims that the woman who told her the story about her having a long weekend with John when Patsy was out of town TOLD HER ABOUT THE BLOOMIES FAD....

Well, it's A LOT OF GOSSIP, which must be said, but it makes me wonder about those Bloomies found on JonBenet, Patsy's lies to LE about how they got there, JonBenet's underwear size, etc., and about the Ramseys HIDING FOR FIVE YEARS what they finally claimed was the ORGINAL BLOOMIES PACKAGE. The RST won't say where the alleged "original Bloomies package" was found in the Ramseys' belongings, of course, and that story has changed from the swamp queen, as well, over time.

But WE DO KNOW that Lin Wood turned the alleged "original Bloomies package" in to Mary Lacy five years after the murder. We also know that WITHHOLDING EVIDENCE in a child murder case, let alone YOUR OWN CHILD'S MURDER, is OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE.

Why would the Ramseys OBSTRUCT THE INVESTIGATION into JonBenet's murder by withholding evidence THEY KNEW ALL ALONG WAS CRITICAL?

See what I mean?

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Here is the link to the current discussion on the "Bloomies" and "Dots' story". There are some real interesting ideas and discussion in here, though I'm linking to the latter part of the thread:

http://www.topix.net/forum/news/jonb...B37MVMIQK95/p5

Here is the link to the thread at topix with Dots' original posts relating to all this:

http://www.topix.net/forum/news/jonb...N0GDVNF6NLV0R8

You have to read the whole thread to get the entire story and best decide what you think of the stories Dots tells. It's a quick read, really, and quite engrossing. Strange stories and they don't flow well; another puzzle within a puzzle...as EVER with the Ramseys.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~