Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Fleet and Priscilla White are cleared by Lacy!

Compliments of our good friend Candy:

http://www.denverpost.com/

Trying to move out of JonBenet shadow
    Fleet and Priscilla White, neighbors of the Ramseys', say a DA's note that they are not suspects falls short.
    By Monte Whaley
    The Denver Post
    Article Last Updated: 10/09/2008 12:22:39 AM MDT

Fleet and Priscilla White say the fallout from the JonBenet killing follows them to this day, though they were never suspects. White was with John Ramsey when he found JonBenet's body. ( Helen H. Richardson, The Denver Post )Fleet White has always said he did not have a hand in JonBenet Ramsey's murder, and now he has a piece of paper to back his claim.

In a Sept. 12 letter to Fleet and Priscilla White, Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy said: "I am writing to reaffirm that you are not suspects in the murder of JonBenet Ramsey."

Lacy's statement, however, gives only cold comfort to the Whites. For years, Fleet White said, the family has been dogged by his association with the Ramsey case — and it has cost him jobs and his reputation.

The Whites have never been seen as suspects by officials investigating the JonBenet case. Lacy, in her letter, cites former Boulder Police Chief Tom Koby, who in 1997 said, "Mr. and Mrs. Fleet White Jr. are not suspects in the JonBenet Ramsey murder investigation."

Their only guilt is by association.

White, 59, was with John Ramsey when the two discovered JonBenet's body in the basement of the Ramseys' home the day after Christmas in 1996. The 6-year-old had been strangled and her skull fractured.

"The defamation began shortly after JonBenet's homicide and continues to this day," White said. He can pull up Internet sites that claim he is guilty of murder, Satanism, pedophilia and child torture. White said Lacy's letter fell short of "unequivocally exonerating and vindicating our family."

". . . That's what we wanted, and we didn't get it," he said.

White wants the same exposure that John and Patsy Ramsey got in July, when Lacy publicly exonerated them in the child's murder. Patsy Ramsey died in June 2006 after battling ovarian cancer.

Ritter statement sought

White also wants Gov. Bill Ritter to publicly clear the couple in JonBenet's death because Ritter worked as a special prosecutor on the case.

Ritter has talked to the Whites periodically over the past 10 years. After the Ramsey exoneration in July, the Whites contacted Ritter again, said Ritter spokesman Evan Dreyer.

Ritter then conferred with Lacy, Dreyer said.

"He supports and concurs with the DA that the Whites are not suspects," Dreyer said. There are no plans for Ritter to make any broad public statement.

White said he asked Lacy in late 2006 for a public statement. He asked again in a "very demanding" letter in late August, Lacy said.

"We've never thought of them as suspects, and we never said or inferred they were suspects," Lacy said.

The only reason the Ramsey letter from Lacy was made public was because John Ramsey chose to tell the media, she said.

The Whites, added Lacy, are the only ones associated with the case to ask for a letter of exoneration.

She states in her letter to the Whites that the entire family, including their two children, have only been considered witnesses in the 6-year-old's slaying.

"You and your children are witnesses to events and circumstances before and after the crime occurred, due only to your friendship and association with the Ramsey family."

Career devastation

The Whites moved to Boulder in 1994 and lived only two doors down from John and Patsy Ramsey. The two families became friendly but were estranged after the murder.

White said he agreed to appear before the grand jury investigating JonBenet's death in 1998 only after Ritter assured him that then-Boulder DA Alex Hunter was no longer overseeing the investigation.

White said Hunter spread insinuations about him in interviews with local and national media.

Hunter declined to comment.

White said his connections to JonBenet's murder have almost ruined his career in the oil and gas business, leading him to consulting work.

Still, despite the troubles, the family remains in Boulder. Their son is in the United States Naval Academy, and their daughter attends Boulder High School.

"This is where we want to stay," said Priscilla White. "This is our home now."

Monte Whaley: 720-929-0907 or mwhaley@denverpost.com
    PATSY RAMSEY WROTE THE RANSOM NOTE
    SHE WOULDN'T DO THAT FOR AN INTRUDER.
    PLEASE READ CHEROKEE'S ANALYSIS

http://66.98.176.96/~tricia/forums/s...ead.php?t=6404

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

How bittersweet this is for me. As soon as I compose myself enough to comment as I should, I will - but for now, I will just sit here and enjoy the moment.
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

My Hero's for life! May this please led to Mary Suma NEVER showing her face in public, much less the internet, with her slanderous evil lies.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

The Whites, added Lacy, are the only ones associated with the case to ask for a letter of exoneration.
    Well, DUH!

Is Lacy that stupid (rhetorical) that she needed to make that comment? For someone who is the frickin' DA of Boulder to make such a statement, ASSuming that knowing this case ohhh just sooooo well, you'd think she'd realize WHY that might be. You'd think.

The Whites have been the "ONLY ONES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CASE"
    to fall victims due to the likes of Mame, NK, Jameson, and too many others to name. They, as they state, have been the victims of the most vile and cruel allegations and smears through no fault of their own, other than having the misfortune of "knowing" the Ramseys. THEY have been more vilified in the forums and the public than the Ramseys themselves.

Yes, bittersweet, but I'm glad they got "something". However, I agree that what Lacy did is nowhere near enough. She should not only do what the Whites have asked, but she should be MANDATED to publicly apologize on behalf of Boulder for the smears and lack of response to the smears that the DA's office chose NOT to give while it was happening!

The Whites were truly innocents in all this

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    My Hero's for life! May this please led to Mary Suma NEVER showing her face in public, much less the internet, with her slanderous evil lies.

Perhaps (tongue in cheek of course), this is the big news that Suma keeps bragging about.

Suma should NEVER show her face nor her words in public again for so many more reasons than this. There are special places for people like Suma and the "warmer" place comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    HA! Dream on, Rat. I saw Suma maligning the Whites at sickandmore this very week. She even stated that Smit doesn't consider the Whites as suspects, but that's not a problem for her, as she kept on with her insinuations and gossip! She couldn't care LESS that the innocent family of the Whites have been put through HELL by none other than the SHILLS FOR HUNTER AND RAMSEY, LED ON THE INTERNET BY MARY SUMA/MAME.

She's a bottom feeder who just can't help but eat up SLIME. It's who she is.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Well, DUH!

Is Lacy that stupid (rhetorical) that she needed to make that comment? For someone who is the frickin' DA of Boulder to make such a statement, ASSuming that knowing this case ohhh just sooooo well, you'd think she'd realize WHY that might be. You'd think.
    Obviously, from what I read between the lines, LACY REFUSED TO HELP THE WHITES IN THE UNFOUNDED SLANDER AND LIBEL OF THEIR GOOD NAMES. It took the current GOVERNOR to get her to even send the letter, which she watered down as much as she could, obviously. Now she makes THIS statement, proving she's the vindictitive BEOTCH we all know she is.

Yes, bittersweet, but I'm glad they got "something". However, I agree that what Lacy did is nowhere near enough. She should not only do what the Whites have asked, but she should be MANDATED to publicly apologize on behalf of Boulder for the smears and lack of response to the smears that the DA's office chose NOT to give while it was happening!

The Whites were truly innocents in all this
    I guess this reluctance on Lacy's part to CLEAR THE WHITES simply PROVES that SHE'S A RAMSEY SHILL AND NOTHING MORE because she sure had NO PROBLEM clearing the Ramseys, EVEN THOUGH HER "CLEARING" IS PURE BS!

There'll be no JUSTICE in Boulder. If the Whites want to stay there, I guess they have friends and family there that make it worth it. But in the murder of JonBenet Ramsey NO ONE WILL EVER SEEK JUSTICE ON JONBENET'S BEHALF IN BOULDER LE. It was a DONE DEAL from the start, IMO, and THE MISSING PHONE RECORDS PROVE IT.

[edited for correction of info]
    Last edited by koldkase; October 9, 2008, 11:49 am at Thu Oct 9 11:49:42 UTC 2008.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Thumbs up

You nailed it, KK.....now please get over to the Denver Posts website and leave these wonderful comments (Highly Important) and bring all of your friends with you, Please and Thank You!!!

Trust me..........

Hey, you don't suppose that sycamore has closed its Ramsey forum, because this is the message I get when clicking on the link that was working for me yesterday:

This Account Has Been Suspended
    Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

Let me try some other links to it.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Whose next on list, Barbara, Linda Hoffman Pugh? Will she have the courage to ask to be exonarated?

This is the first time I have ever read anything like this. Would it not be easier for D.A. Lacy to have 100 plastic cards stamped: Exonerated from the killing of JonBenét Ramsey, 26 December, 1996.

RIDICULOUS!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Exclamation Please Read!

What the public need to understand is that Bill Ritter, as Denver DA, not Hunter, was calling the shots throughout Hunter's playing Prosecutor. All the attacks on the Whites during the early years of the investigation, including Hunter's misconduct and whackjob Nancy Krebs, happened on Ritter's watch and it is Ritter, more than anyone, who owes the Whites a public statement and apology that cleans up Hunter's mess. Please join me in contacting Ritter and not letting him forget that we have not?! Or please post your thoughts in the comments section at The Post so that they know this is a very newsworthy item and help ensure that this will not fade away! Please & Thank you.

Exclamation

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite.../1177024890452

Mail
    Bill Ritter, Governor
    136 State Capitol
    Denver, CO 80203-1792

Phone
    (303) 866-2471

Fax
    (303) 866-2003

Contacting the Governor is easier than ever!

Due to the heavy volume of e-mails sent to Governor Ritter, we are unable to respond personally to each one, but please know that your input means a great deal to him.