Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I think this is better than punching him out, KK. You won't go to jail, but you must have felt good after sending it.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    I think this is better than punching him out, KK. You won't go to jail, but you must have felt good after sending it.
    Actually, I got this nice form email from Ritter's whatever, saying they got mine and they will do what they can to help, with a response within a week.

Gulp.... Darn conscience! I felt like a real beotch. My consolation is that he's a politician and a lawyer, so he has no heart and no soul. It won't faze him one bit, of course.

Still, I believe we don't have to answer for anyone's behavior but our own. So...

This is why I can't swim with the sharks. No matter how many chunks they take out of my if I give a little nip, I feel bad about it.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Lacy clears the Whites.....

...she actually did one good decent thing during her reign as Prosector.

I feel bad for all the years the Whites suffered...so happy they are vindicated.

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...5&provider=top

BOULDER (AP) - A Boulder couple who were at JonBenet Ramsey's home when her body was discovered got a letter reaffirming they are not suspects in the unsolved case, but they still want an apology.

Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy said Thursday no apology is necessary because Fleet and Priscilla White have never been considered more than key witnesses to the crime. The letter is dated Sept. 12.

"I am writing to reaffirm that you are not suspects in the murder of JonBenet Ramsey," Lacy wrote.
    The 6-year-old Ramsey was found dead in her home just after Christmas in 1996.

In July, Lacey publicly exonerated JonBenet's family, saying she was sorry for the years of suspicion they endured. The apology came after she said DNA found on JonBenet's clothes belonged to an outsider, vindicating the Ramseys.

Lacy said the Whites have asked her for years for public exoneration, saying it has been difficult for Fleet White to get a job because of speculation they were involved in the crime. The Whites say they were defamed during the investigation.

They said they still want an apology from Lacy.

"I tried to do them a favor, but obviously it wasn't enough," Lacy said.
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008...benet-slaying/

The decade-old statement went on to say that police appreciate the “full cooperation they have received from the Whites since the beginning of their investigation,” and that the statement was in response to the “inaccurate portrayal of Mr. and Mrs. White in certain media publications.”

In an e-mail statement to the Camera, the Whites said they felt they had been defamed during the Ramsey investigation and were not satisfied by Lacy’s refusal to exonorate them or apologize.

Lacy’s letter was sent to the Whites a little more than two months after the DA invited John Ramsey to her office in July to accept a letter officially exonerating his family in the girl’s homicide, and a personal apology for the public “umbrella of suspicion” he and his late wife Patsy lived under for more than a decade.

Lacy said Thursday that she has no plans to offer a similar apology to the Whites, despite their insistence that one be offered. The Whites even mailed Lacy a copy of the text they preferred she use in an apology, she said.

The recent letter explaining her position, Lacy said, is more than enough.

Lacy said she has no plans to offer anyone else associated with the Ramsey investigation a similar letter, and that the Whites are the only people who have requested formal public statements of exoneration.

Evan Dreyer, spokesman for Gov. Bill Ritter, who acted as a special prosecutor in the Ramsey case at one point, said Ritter has also been asked by the couple for a public apology.

“After district attorney Lacy provided John Ramsey with a letter, the Whites, I think, renewed their conversations with DA lacy and the governor seeking something similar,” Dreyer said. “The governor did call the district attorney and the governor is supportive of and concurs with her assessment that they are not suspects.”

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Exclamation So Important

Thank you to those that helped out here on this thread and the ensuing fall-out at other places......but it sure would help out the Whites out more if we were able to bring back the strength in numbers I know that we are capable of here. Our chances of shining a light on Lacy are day by day going away....

Please help. Please.....

Default Rr

I'm in over with my head with Christmas musical at school (where I teach) and Master's work at school where I'm attending.

BUT, I care about the Whites greatly! So, don't have time to go back over the thread - what do you need done? I'll do it today, just let me know.

Thanks.

Smile TY, Pearlsim

If you have the time, just reading and commenting on this thread is all I can ask. Anything else would just be icing on the cake, but I understand how we are all just trying to survive these crazy times right now. I just miss how we used to be able to give back a Big Bang when a small win came through on our side........

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlsim View Post
    I'm in over with my head with Christmas musical at school (where I teach) and Master's work at school where I'm attending.

BUT, I care about the Whites greatly! So, don't have time to go back over the thread - what do you need done? I'll do it today, just let me know.

Thanks.

Pearlsim, on page one is a website with an email address for the governor, which Rat posted. Send him an email if you have time.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite.../1177024890452

Mail
    Bill Ritter, Governor
    136 State Capitol
    Denver, CO 80203-1792

Phone
    (303) 866-2471

Fax
    (303) 866-2003

Contacting the Governor is easier than ever!

Due to the heavy volume of e-mails sent to Governor Ritter, we are unable to respond personally to each one, but please know that your input means a great deal to him.
    Here it is again.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

OK...I did it. Wrote to Ritter. (I liked the part where they asked if I was writing to request a picture of the Gov. ...ummmm...nope.

What galls me about all this is how the White's are portrayed as demanding jerks, asking for outrageous concessions. Doesn't Mary Lacy get it? The Whites have endured years of suspicion and vilification. They have children who have had to live with this sullying of their parent's reputations.

Sometimes if I think of what it must've been like for Daphne to lose a close friend in such a horrifying manner. What a traumatizing thing for a little girl to go through. JonBenet's murder had to have deeply impacted the entire White family. These are people who knew JonBenet well and who cared about her. We can be affected in reading about what a cute, spirited kid she was but the Whites had actually had JonBenet in their home and, no doubt, grew very fond of her. I can't even begin to fathom Fleet and Priscilla's horror and grief at having been witness to that little lifeless body being brought up from the basement and placed under the Christmas tree.

Knowing the Ramseys cost Fleet and his family dearly. I wonder how Hunter and Lacy would stand up to years of the public vilification and suspicion the Whites have endured. And yet, Lacy has the nerve to act as though Fleet is out of line for demanding the same apology and exoneration John got in his love letter from Her Lady of the Hair Curtains.

May the karma train barrel right over this despicable, gutless, soul-less, excuse for a human being, Mary Lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlsim View Post
    OK...I did it. Wrote to Ritter. (I liked the part where they asked if I was writing to request a picture of the Gov. ...ummmm...nope.

What galls me about all this is how the White's are portrayed as demanding jerks, asking for outrageous concessions. Doesn't Mary Lacy get it? The Whites have endured years of suspicion and vilification. They have children who have had to live with this sullying of their parent's reputations.

Sometimes if I think of what it must've been like for Daphne to lose a close friend in such a horrifying manner. What a traumatizing thing for a little girl to go through. JonBenet's murder had to have deeply impacted the entire White family. These are people who knew JonBenet well and who cared about her. We can be affected in reading about what a cute, spirited kid she was but the Whites had actually had JonBenet in their home and, no doubt, grew very fond of her. I can't even begin to fathom Fleet and Priscilla's horror and grief at having been witness to that little lifeless body being brought up from the basement and placed under the Christmas tree.

Knowing the Ramseys cost Fleet and his family dearly. I wonder how Hunter and Lacy would stand up to years of the public vilification and suspicion the Whites have endured. And yet, Lacy has the nerve to act as though Fleet is out of line for demanding the same apology and exoneration John got in his love letter from Her Lady of the Hair Curtains.

May the karma train barrel right over this despicable, gutless, soul-less, excuse for a human being, Mary Lazy.
    Well said, Pearlsim.

Yes, Lacy is heartless and insensitive to all the suffering caused by the Ramsey murder--except for the poor, pitiful, put upon Ramseys...who played legal chess for a five years with the investigators who were trying to find the killer. That's when the Ramseys WON the chess game, checkmate from Lin Wood's move to sue the BPD and therefore got the case handed to Lacy. I believe to this day Lacy was in on that whole ploy, salivating at her chance to finally be VINDICATED HERSELF after the years of chafing at Hunter's removal of her from the case so long ago.

Neither Lacy, nor Ritter, nor anyone in Colorado's INJUSTICE system will ever admit their part in hurting so many and DESTROYING the case against the murderer of JonBenet Ramsey. They sold their souls to the devil far too long ago to even notice the smoke coming from their azzes.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~