Lacy is worried about her legacy.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Oct 27, 2008.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

http://www.timescall.com/news_story.asp?ID=11652

Oh, yeah, you ain't gonna' BELIEVE this smack.

The good news is...she's BITTER...because she doesn't feel the love, I guess.

Maybe she can write herself an EXONERATION letter. :rolleyes:

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

:floor: :floor: :floor:

3. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

:rolling: Yeah, that would be about right.

I believe we need to post a little more of this story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Publish Date: 10/26/2008

Lacy’s legacy

DA wants say on the mark she leaves

By Pierrette J. Shields
    Longmont Times-Call

LONGMONT — Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy wants a say in her eight-year legacy as the county’s top law enforcement official.

Lacy will soon pass the mantle to her successor, Stan Garnett, who is running unopposed for the post.

But she worries that her leadership of the Boulder County District Attorney’s Office will be remembered for high-profile scandals primarily revolving around her handling of the JonBenet Ramsey homicide and University of Colorado football sexual assault investigations.

[snip]

Her successes were quiet ones, she said. While Lacy ran the office, prosecutor Bill Nagel won the 2004 Colorado District Attorneys Council Prosecutor of the Year Award. The organization also awarded the Investigator of the Year Award to Tom Bennett in 2005 and an Outstanding Faculty Award to prosecutor Tim Johnson in 2007.

[snip]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, those are some real successes, all right. :floor:

Bill Nagel, Tom Bennett and Tim Johnson get political awards from the Colorado DA's Council, and it's counted as success for Mary Lacey? Having anyone in her office named anything by the CDAC is the equivalent of a bunch of good old boys patting themselves on the back. It means nothing.

Mary Lacey was in office for eight years, and THIS is her record of success?

What REALLY angers me is that later in the article she tries to take credit for "the successful prosecution of Molly Midyette." Lacey would never have lifted a finger against the Midyettes if public outcry and the national media spotlight (including Bill O'Reilly) hadn't focused attention on the case. She refused to press charges, or even investigate, until her hand was forced. Then she called a grand jury in order to take the heat off her own neck.

Lacey is a stupid, spineless, suck-up. She doesn't know the Ramsey case, and she doesn't know DNA.

And those are the nicest things I can say about her.

4. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Yeah and then there was the prisoner she wanted to get out of jail on an early release...THAT is her legacy...

Eight years after he fatally beat and stabbed his adoptive mother and grandmother in the family's Longmont home, 22-year-old John Christopher Engel has been granted release from prison.
    {{[snip}}}
    Engel’s sister, Grace Engel, said her mother, Mary Elizabeth Reinschmidt-Engel, and grandmother, Catherine Reinschmidt, “deserved better.â€
    John Engel killed them with a hammer and a knife and also assaulted his father.
    “I feel this is so unjust,†she said after the hearing, tears streaming down her face. “I will be looking behind my back every single day.â€
    {{{snip}}}

Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy is backing Engel’s bid for an early release from prison.
    {{{snip}}}

5. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Nonsense....Lacy's biggest claim to fame is her 'hair curtains'.

She looked fabulous during the press conference explaining why the county spent thousands bringing John Karr, to Boulder from Thailand though not one shred of evidence connected him to the crime.

She peered smartly from behind the infamous hair curtains as she explained why Karr needed to fly first class no less...you know one glass of champagne and viola! a confession!

6. Show Me

And she will look sooooo cool being bitter with the hair curtains as she writes her letter.

7. koldkase

And don't forget, this DOUBLE MURDERER has ALREADY violated his probation. Apparently he couldn't even follow his halfway house rules. I feel for the person or persons who run into him one day, after Lacy fights to get him out AGAIN, of course, when he's in a bad mood.... :eek:

Yeah, Lazy's legacy is one that never stops giving and giving and giving...to killers, anyway.

8. koldkase

Yeah, we'll get to see that when she calls a press conference to apologize to herself....

9. Show Me

hahahaaa...you crack me up KK.

10. Elle

Elle Member

Sam Dennis McDonough who wrote "120 Clues" could see the writing on the wall where D.A.Lacy was concerned when it came to exonerating the Ramseys.

"120 Clues that show Who Killed JonBenét
    Page 51

Mar.31 Federal Judge Carne in Atlanta concludes that the weight of the limited evidence that was presented to her is more consistent with the intruder theory than with the theory that Patsy killed JonBenét.
    April 7: DA Mary Keenan (later changed to Mary Lacy) issues a statement agreeing with Judge Carnes.
    April: DA Lacy informs the media that she hired an investigator to pursue the intruder theory: that someone other than John or Patsy Ramsey killed JonBenét.
    She has in effect exonerated the Ramseys. Under District Attorney Lacy, it is unlikely that anyone will ever be called to answer for the murder of JonBenét.

11. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Here's what I think of Lacy's legacy.

Lacy #&@^$) Lin Wood's %%^&$ and Ramsey's $$*&(% bleep !) not to mention ($(^**!(# Smit's &&% and jameson's *!@&!!

12. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Watching You

You are so (*^&%$_)& correct!

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

#&@^$ yes!

14. Show Me

I agree!

15. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

LOL - The *^#!ing Bloggers Speak the *^#!ing Truth!

16. rashomon

rashomon Member

About a week ago, I asked at Topix:
    Candy replied:
    http://www.topix.com/forum/news/jonbenet-ramsey/TL10V25TK5F8ES4DS

Interesting post. The 15 million for Fox might explain Lacy rushing forward to clear the Ramseys.
    I didn't know about the Riley Fox case, and have only got some basic info from the internet - Candy seems to believe Riley's father is guilty despite DNA evidence allegedly exonerating him.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice