JonBenet's Red Jumpsuit - Finally!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by DeeDee, Nov 9, 2008.

1. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

It was suggested that I post this link for all who may not have seen this photo. I had never seen it till tonight. This is the red jumpsuit that PR talks about in one of her interviews. It often gets confused with the red turtleneck, which as we all know was seen balled up in the sink just outside JBR's bedroom. In one of her interviews, PR is shown photos of two different red garments. One was the red turtleneck. The other was this red jumpsuit, which PR said JBR had recently worn to perform at a local Mall with Amerikids. This Christmas performance was the last public performance by JBR. The detective questioning her is confused by her description of the red jumpsuit, which she describes as "stretchy" and finally the detective understands that it is a dance costume and not an outfit for normal wear. There was confusion because both items are red and both were in the same laundry area, both were discussed in the same interview. Here's the link- scroll down to see JBR in the red jumpsuit:

http://www.perfectpeople.net/photo-picture-image/140935/jonbenet-ramsey.htm

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2012
  2. Elle

Elle Member

Confusion set in for many posters about the red top, Dee Dee. Thank you for posting this. I've never seen this one before.

3. rashomon

rashomon Member

Thanks for finding this, DeeDee.
    This is also the red jumpsuit Patsy claims to have either ironed or washed - I don't recall what she said but do recall she said she handled this garment after getting up on the morning of Dec 26th.

Now Patsy wanted LE to believe that after waking up between 5:30 and 6:00, she got dressed, put on make-up (which per her own estimate would have taken 20 to 30 minutes), did some chores before going down the stairs and finding the note, alerted John, John came down, taking the time to read it (down on his hands and knees, yeah right :D)), she was able to place the 911 call as early as 5:52 ??
    Even if we assume she got up at 5:30, that would be only 22 minutes. No way could all this have happened in such a narrow time frame. Patsy's story reeks.

The credit for discovering this improbability in Patsy's story goes to poster Little who pointed this out a while ago on another forum. This would have been an excellent question for LE to ask Patsy and push her into a corner.

Thread at Topix:
    "What would you ask the Ramseys if you had the chance?"
    http://www.topix.com/forum/news/jonbenet-ramsey/TLGA15NVA2A90LB6F
    Little's post:

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

PR said she noticed the red jumpsuit on the ironing board in the laundry area and made a "mental note" to wash it when they got back, because she'd remembered it had gotten stained when JBR wore at at her performance at the mall. I don't recall seeing if she said she'd handled it. It seemed an odd thing to to with the prospect of getting 2 kids up, dressed, fed and ready for the plane with, what, 2 minutes or so left to spare?

5. Elle

Elle Member

The Police Files. Page 62

Detective Tom Trujillo:

TT: Patsy. Let's go ahead and, um, start out on December 26th when you first woke up in the morning ... give us an almost play-by-play, minute-by-minute, what did you do when you got out of bed?

*snip*

Patsy Ramsey:

*snip*
    And I remember the ironing board was up, I think, and I fussed around with this little red jumpsuit of JonBenét's 'cause it had, had some spots on it and I was going to remember to do something with that when I got back, and uh, so I had the light on in there in the laundry room area, and, uh, um, then I started down the spiral staircase there, I came, I had come back down, I'd come down the back bedroom stairs ...

Patsy Ramsey stammers a great deal when it comes to telling this part. (Italics mine)

6. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

You know, the prior vaginal injuries were about 3 days to a week old, give or take. I've been thinking for a long time about what the circumstances of that molestation were. That period would have begun around the time Patsy was phoning Dr. Buef three times in one hour, after office hours, though Patsy "couldn't remember" why. Guess the Dr. had no notes on it, either, or they weren't turned over to LE. That period also would have included the mall appearance, with the song and dance we have seen on videotape in this very outfit.

I wonder if that outfit was "wet" on the 26th. If so, that would explain why Patsy brought up her "laundry" chore that morning. And maybe she was afraid that LE found the damp jumpsuit. And that's why she was "explaining" it. If so, what did she wash out that was so important, she had to take care of it on the morning she had to have the kids and family in a plane in an hour and a half? Or maybe she took care of it the night before and found something that set the whole thing off?

Okay, pure speculation, but there are still things about Patsy's changing stories that we must pay attention to if we really are to ever find the truth. When someone is lying, the things they lie about have reasoning behind them. I wonder if LE ever TESTED that little jumpsuit? I wonder if they even collected it?

7. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

The vaginal injuries could easily have happened at the R party on the 23rd. I can envision the molester telling JBR "how pretty" she was, and there she was that same night crying and saying she "didn't feel pretty". Of course not. Molestation hurts. And even to a child, it feels wrong. Then we have the 911 call that night and SS preventing the police from entering. And of course, the police, being BOULDER police, didn't insist.
    As I recall, I think Hunter refused to allow a warrant for the JBR's medical and school nurse records, though I believe that Dr. Boef would not have turned them over anyway, they'd have been destroyed.
    I doubt the red jumpsuit was tested or even collected, because I don't think LE believed it had anything to do with the crime. It may not have had anything to do with the crime, actually. That mall performance was earlier in December, and I think PR mentioned it because she was shown photos of the laundry area and asked about the things in the photo. One was the red turtleneck and the other was the red jumpsuit on the ironing board. Now, I don't think for one minute that PR fussed with the jumpsuit that morning; I believe she never went to bed that night.
    The red turtleneck MAY have a part in the crime. I think she mentioned the jumpsuit because it gave her a reason to have been in the laundry area that morning (or the previous night), and it was in the photo. And I think she was in the laundry area because of that red turtleneck. PR isn't stupid. She (and her lawyers) got the point right away as soon as PR was asked about the balled-up red turtleneck. They knew LE was zeroing in on a toilet/rage line of thought. So like she distanced herself from everything else (the pineapple, kleenex box, bowl, glass, spoon...etc) she also needed to distance herself from that red shirt and gave another reason to have been in the laundry area (fussing with a jumpsuit that JBR had worn DAYS previously and had no need of wearing again).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice