Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Patsy probably said "vest". It rhymes with "dress" and I am guesing the transcriber heard it wrong. LE didn't make a big deal of it so it was probably "vest".That's my guess anyway for what it's worth.
    That makes sense. Obviously, the sound was bad during the interview, and Patsy probably made sure that worked to her advantage. The transcriber wrote a lot of "inaudibles".

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Okay, I'm reading this '98 LE interview again, with Patsy and Haney, obviously, and I keep finding stuff I want to bring up, so I may as well keep it on this thread.

Here is something unusual I don't believe I've seen discussed before. I have been looking for any of the screen shot photos we have of the crime scene photos Patsy was shown and asked about, but I can't really find one that shows the item Patsy is asked about--a large pageant trophy that's lying in the floor, apparently. They are still looking at photos of JB's room:

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/19...w-Complete.htm

20 THOMAS HANEY: We will move on to

21 number 10.

22 PATSY RAMSEY: (INAUDIBLE

23 RESPONSE.)

24 THOMAS HANEY: Once again, anything

25 out of place, unusual?

1 PATSY RAMSEY: No, just -- nothing

2 is jumping out at me.

3 TRIP DeMUTH: You can see the

4 trophy laying down?

5 PATSY RAMSEY: Right, yeah.

6 THOMAS HANEY: Does that look

7 unusual now that you have had a better look at

8 it?

9 PATSY RAMSEY: It just seems like I

10 took all of them, but that big one, to the

11 playroom and put them up on the shelf because

12 there was so many of them, and she had them all

13 stacked around here.

14 TRIP DeMUTH: But that was the

15 area --

16 PATSY RAMSEY: There were,

17 presumably it could have been left in there, but

18 (INAUDIBLE) for some reason.

Then they move to bathroom photos, and the red turtleneck comes up and Patsy tears up and they take a break:

23 THOMAS HANEY: Okay, go on to

24 number 17. And what is 17? We have moved --

25 PATSY RAMSEY: Into the bathroom.

1 (INAUDIBLE.)

2 THOMAS HANEY: Okay, that's on the

3 shelf behind the --

4 PATSY RAMSEY: On the shelf, yes.

5 Okay.

6 (Patsy Ramsey looking down into the

7 photographs.)

8 PATSY RAMSEY: Looks like a pair of

9 pants, little buckle (INAUDIBLE).

10 THOMAS HANEY: Are they play things

11 or --

12 PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah.

13 THOMAS HANEY: You don't recall

14 when she last wore them?

15 PATSY RAMSEY: No.

16 THOMAS HANEY: Anything else in 17

17 then, towels or anything that's --

18 PATSY RAMSEY: (INAUDIBLE

19 RESPONSE.)

20 TRIP DeMUTH: This might be the

21 drawer open slightly.

22 THOMAS HANEY: Number 18?

23 TRIP DeMUTH: How about the red

24 item in the upper right-hand corner?

25 PATSY RAMSEY: I think it's a

1 little turtleneck, a little cotton turtleneck,

2 and I had wanted her to wear it to the Whites

3 and she didn't want to wear it.

4 TRIP DeMUTH: How did it end up

5 there?

6 PATSY RAMSEY: Don't remember. A

7 crown. Oh, God.

8 THOMAS HANEY: It's about 10:25.

9 Do you want to take about a ten-minute break,

10 how's that sound? We will come back.

11 PATSY RAMSEY: (Crying.) (INAUDIBLE

12 RESPONSE.)

13 (Recess taken.)

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

You know, it occurs to me that there are so many photos from the crime scene that are shown repeatedly...and so many that are never shown.

Where are the photos of the crowns on the floor? Where are the photos of the pageant trophy lying on the floor? Who "shows" the photos? RST. And they leave out all but the ones that they think support their "intruder" theory, don't they?

I guess I'm going to have to start playing the lottery so I can try to raise the money to fight the corrupt DA Office in Boulder and get access to the same photos and tapes they let Smit have copies of, to show the world in his Team Ramsey Intruder Tour. It's simply unconstitutional to leak evidence to a selected media group TO SPREAD PROPAGANDA, but not let the public have access as well to think for ourselves!

Bunch of NAZIS!

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Default re: the photos

yes, that's why i questioned the photos.. the photos smit had in his presentation, which of these do 'we' have? i'd like to see all the photos in some kind of order, those just being numbered, and then those posted with 'crime scene photo' in another set.. i've seen some posted at acr but think that more in depth study of all the photos could yield something more, at least discussion..

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

Yes, the transcribers do make mistakes. We know JBR wore a black velvet VEST, black velvet pants and the white Gap top to the White's. Interesting, that the coroner described the abrasions on her cheek as having a "boat-like structure" inside- and it has been thought it could be from a snap like the "silver snap" PR mentioned.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

As far as JBR's teeth, the coroner mentions in the report that her teeth are "native and in good repair". The "native" means they are her own. And he doesn't mention that any are missing. I think he would have had to state it if there were missing teeth.
    Mayer does mention the "tan mucus" and also the stains on her sleeve. I can't imagine he didn't test the fluid or swab her cheek and nose to see what the "tan mucus" was composed of but - hey- this is the same coroner who didn't use sterile separate clippers for her fingernails. He used not only the same clipper for each nail, but there was thought that he may have even used the same clipper on other bodies. So it is possible that he might not have even swabbed and tested the mucus.
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by WVSleuth View Post
    yes, that's why i questioned the photos.. the photos smit had in his presentation, which of these do 'we' have? i'd like to see all the photos in some kind of order, those just being numbered, and then those posted with 'crime scene photo' in another set.. i've seen some posted at acr but think that more in depth study of all the photos could yield something more, at least discussion..

That's a difficult question, WV. We once had a lot more photos, but lots of the sites that kept them have closed up shop or taken lots of them down.

This is again why I wish we could have access to the same photos Smit controls, though his copies were organized and made at the expense of the citizens of Co while he worked for the DA.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    You know, it occurs to me that there are so many photos from the crime scene that are shown repeatedly...and so many that are never shown.

Where are the photos of the crowns on the floor? Where are the photos of the pageant trophy lying on the floor? Who "shows" the photos? RST. And they leave out all but the ones that they think support their "intruder" theory, don't they?

I guess I'm going to have to start playing the lottery so I can try to raise the money to fight the corrupt DA Office in Boulder and get access to the same photos and tapes they let Smit have copies of, to show the world in his Team Ramsey Intruder Tour. It's simply unconstitutional to leak evidence to a selected media group TO SPREAD PROPAGANDA, but not let the public have access as well to think for ourselves!

Bunch of NAZIS!
    As long as the case remains open and unsolved (i.e. no killer found) they don't have to release all the information, and that includes the crime scene photos. I am sure there is a LOT in those evidence photos (like who was there Christmas morning) that they don't want anyone to see. The evidence photos include photos processed from the R family cameras, not just the crime scene photos taken that day and the autopsy photos.
    There was a case years ago where the autopsy photos of a well-known race car driver who died in a horrific crash were put on the internet under the Freedom of Information Act. The family tried to stop it; I don't know if they did. But JBR's case is different. Not because it is a crime, but because it is an UNSOLVED crime. A judge allowing the release of the autopsy is different. But it can always be argued that the crime scene and autopsy photos contain information that needs to be kept secret because the killer is still unknown.

The 6-8 autopsy photos we have are the ones that were published by the Globe. They bought many more, but published only those. I believe they were forced to turn over the rest to LE, and I know the photo lab workers who sold them were arrested.

Yes, they even took video from the books I've read. I'm sure that looking at some of those pictures would create a lot more conversation. I'm sure Jams has a copy of the powerpoint presentation, but she'd never post it all if only for the reason that doing so wouldn't help her agenda. If Smit weren't towing the same line, she'd have posted that on hir site for all to see.

Bunch of NAZIS!
    You know I have always maintained that we don't have all the evidence and that is one reason why so much of this doesn't make sense and people have so many different theories. LE has so much we are not privvy to that I bet they laugh when they read these boards because they have the answers we don't have. I'm sure they also gain insight and ideas they hadn't thought of before reading here and at Websleuths. Steve Thomas said there is an abundance of evidence out in the public domain but even we know that he didn't give up everything he knows, and since he quit the force there is even more evidence, I'm sure. IMO this case is a puzzle that will never have all the pieces put together by we amatuer sleuthers because we don't have all the facts. A lot of us have great gut instincts though and it comes through in a lot of posts I read. We didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday and a spade is a spade and the evidence we DO have paints an ugly picture but if one would simply follow the evidence that has been released which IS substantial there can only be one conclusion. Common sense is very valuable in a case like this.

Elle, do you remember where you got the LHP info? Was it in Thomas's book? You've jogged my memory, but only slightly. What I'm after is if LHP said when she last changed the sheets? Patsy said LHP's last workday before the murder was that Money, the 23rd kid's Christmas party. But of course, Patsy didn't remember if LHP changed the sheets and made it sound like LHP worked DOWNSTAIRS all day for the party.

Anyone but me notice how Patsy did that constantly in these interviews? Anytime the detectives were trying to NAIL SOMETHING IMPORTANT DOWN, Patsy always found a way to obscure ANY timeline or issue.

She's good for it!
    Catching up here KK. Have you ever been busy. I'll read all your posts tomorrow and will check up on LHP and the sheets.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Still searching, KK. It was usually Patsy Ramsey who changed the sheets according to LHP

http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/02181999lindapughstorypmpt.htm

*snip)

In the summer of "96, JonBenet started wearing those diaper-type underpants-Pull-Ups. She even wore them to bed. There was always a wet one in the trash. By the end of the summer, Patsy was trying to get her to do without them. Then JonBenet started wetting the bed again. Almost every day I was there, there was a wet bed. Patsy said she wasn't going to use Pull-Ups again. She just put a plastic cover on the bed. No big deal to her. By the time I'd come in the morning, Patsy would have all the sheets off the bed and in the laundry. JonBenet's white blanket would already be in the dryer. The Ramseys had two washer-dryers-one in the basement and a stackable unit in a closet just outside JonBenet's room.
    Last edited by Elle_1; January 12, 2009, 4:52 pm at Mon Jan 12 16:52:21 UTC 2009.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.