Pineapple and cream

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Kelly, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Kelly

Kelly Member

Here we go again.........This is the night 12 years ago that JBR had her last meal consisting of pineapple.

I recall talk on the forum about the bowl she ate out of holding pineapples and cream. Or, it looked like the pineapple had cream mixed in.

Every year on December 25th, in memory of JBR I have a bowl of pineapple as my last food for the day. This year I mixed some "yogurt fruit dip" with my pineapple and it reminded me of the photo I saw of the pineapple and cream in the white bowl that JBR used for her last meal.

If this has been discussed, I apologize for the new thread. But, does anyone recall if the Ramsey's had "yogurt fruit dip" in their home? I never heard it mentioned, nor did I hear what the contents of the refrigerator were.

Such a considerate perp! I hope he was packing a backpack, what with the flashlight, rope, tape, panties?, pineapple and possibly yogurt fruit dip.

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Interesting question, Kelly. Your "pineapple last meal" is poignant. I never heard or read about any yogurt being inventoried or discussed. The poster who brought up the cream and pineapple as potentially being a Patsy favorite from The Prime Of Miss Jean Brodie had a thread or two going on it in the last year or so, I believe. He's not here anymore, but his threads might be. I'll try to find them and bump them up, or you could use the "search" function for The Prime Of Miss Jean Brodie here and those threads would be sure to come up.

Photos of the bowl with pineapple and cream are still here as well, I believe.

3. Karen

Karen Member

Gosh wouldn't cream being dairy based show in the small intestine or somewhere around there where the pineapple was? I don't believe there was cream in that bowl. That poster was basing the theory on the picture of the pineapple which seemed to show a white substance, it was hard to tell, and also a story in a book. According to ST's book and others that bowl of pineapple wasn't taken into evidence until after the autopsy when all the pineapple stuff came up. I wonder if it had molded by then?

4. heymom

heymom Member

5. Karen

Karen Member

Thank you heymom! Well I have to say that now that I have actually seen it I don't think it looks anything like the crime scene photo of pineapple! Also i was thinking, didn't Priscilla send home a plate of cracked crab for JB because she didn't get to eat much at the party because she wouldn't stop playing long enough? Well, it would make sense that JB would be hungry when they got home then and maybe she ate the crab (it was served with crackers at the Whites so it wasn't a lot to eat,) and the pineapple before she went to bed. I know the pineapple was the last thing she ate but I wonder about that plate of crab PR supposedly sent home and when or if it was eaten. I also wonder if LE ever looked for and found it in the fridge after interviewing PR. There are so many things we still don't know about the evidence in this case!

6. koldkase

Now that's interesting, heymom. Know what I first noticed?

FINGERPRINTS ALL OVER THE SPOON.

Dr. Lee said, in Schiller's documentary aired the night Patsy was buried, that LE had NEVER tested the spoon, tea glass, etc., FOR DNA. That's amazing, if true. SURELY Lacy and her cracked team of investigators did that in six years, including that "touch" DNA testing...right? Right?

7. koldkase

I never heard or read that Prisicilla "sent home" any crab with the Ramseys, only that she put some aside for the children before the Ramseys got there, so it wouldn't get all eaten up and they'd get none. It's a thought, though. It seems like the BPD SURELY would have asked the Whites about that in detail. The Whites, in fact, went to the BPD many times to be interviewed, didn't they? Long before the Ramseys bothered to show up, conditions and demands intact four months later. Oh wait...THE RAMSEYS NEVER WENT TO THE BPD, did they? NOT TO THIS DAY.

8. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I have never read that any was sent home. Even if it had, if she had eaten it after she got home, that would have been also still been in the upper part of he digestive tract, just as the pineapple was. Remember she died no later that 2-3 hours after she got home. All digestion stops at death. Immediately, as soon as respiration (and oxygen) stops.

9. Karen

Karen Member

Okay, well now you guys have got me stumped. i cannot remember where I read that and I don't want to start rumors or spread misinformation so I'm going to back off that until i can find out where i heard/read that. Looks like I'm going to have my nose buried in some books this weekend!!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and will have a safe and fun New Year!:heart:

10. heymom

heymom Member

LOLOL! Yeah, those would be my fingerprints, all right. And my fingerprints would also be all over the bottom of the glass, since I made no attempt to keep it clean as I placed it on the table. Does anyone have a copy of the photo of the original bowl with pineapple in it? I might try to duplicate the set-up more closely this year.

I think the bowl did look as if it had something besides the pineapple in it, and Patsy said it was cream, so I'm taking her at her word.

11. Karen

Karen Member

Hi Heymom! When did Patsy say it was cream? I've never heard that before. TIA!!

12. heymom

heymom Member

Maybe I am hallucinating - wishful thinking - that one of the detectives asked Patsy about the bowl. Maybe she never said it was cream. I thought she had, though. I can't seem to find any references to the interview however. I could be wrong. I've been wrong before, and surely will be again!

:monty:

13. koldkase

Well, don't rely on my memory, cause lord knows I can't, but I don't remember Patsy saying there was cream in the bowl with the pineapple. The first time I even THOUGHT about that was when we saw the photo of the pineapple bowl from the screen shot of one of the TV programs...Schiller's? One of them. Why Nut put up the screen shots here, I think.

Also, one of our posters wrote about Miss Brodie's favorite snack for her "girls" being pineapple and cream in The Prime of Miss JB...oh...gosh...that never popped into my head before...MISS JB. Oh, la di da...another coinkydinky....

14. heymom

heymom Member

Unfortunately, all of Why Nut's photos seem to have disappeared...they are no more...maybe we were all just seeing the bowl and thinking it had cream in it?

But didn't Patsy talk about pineapple and cream somewhere, maybe not referring to the bowl left on the table, but talking about the kids' usual snacks or something?? I know she copied TPOMJB and that is what one of the characters (Jean herself?) ate...

I still find it creepy that Patsy took that strange idiosyncrasy out of the novel and adopted it into her own life. What real person ever does such a thing?

15. koldkase

I've been reviewing the "pineapple" issue in the '98 DA/Haney interview with Patsy, and that woman was SUCH a liar. She's so obviously covering up the truth...but I digress...already....

I don't see any mention of "cream" in the bowl of pineapple. What I see is a mother trying her best not to "remember" anything that might be held against her in a court of law. The bowl of pineapple is seen in a photo of the Ramsey table at the party on the 23rd, among other "garnishments" for decorating the gingerbread houses with the children. Who put that together? It was something Patsy did other years, right? Did anyone in LE or the RST ever think to ASK who put that together? Where that bowl ENDED UP? From which JonBenet took her LAST SUSTENANCE?

Seems important to me....

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/1998BPD-Patsy-Interview-Complete.htm

16. Karen

Karen Member

Heymom no one is saying you're wrong. Heck we're all wrong about some of this stuff every once in a while anyway. It's just i had never heard that she said that. I think in one interview she couldn't ID what was in the bowl. That's all I can remember. And for what it's worth it does look like cream in some pics and in others it doesn't. So, who knows? But I think it has some bearing on whether or not JB got that snack out for herself eithor earlier in the day or later that night and also it goes to some theories that she ate it before going to the Whites just by scooping some up with her fingers in a casual way while running around and playing that day. I've got the pictures on my computer. I'll see if I can figure out how to post them here.

17. Karen

Karen Member

18. Karen

Karen Member

[​IMG][/IMG]

19. Karen

Karen Member

[​IMG][/IMG]

20. Karen

Karen Member

[​IMG][/IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice