Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Well, don't rely on my memory, cause lord knows I can't, but I don't remember Patsy saying there was cream in the bowl with the pineapple. The first time I even THOUGHT about that was when we saw the photo of the pineapple bowl from the screen shot of one of the TV programs...Schiller's? One of them. Why Nut put up the screen shots here, I think.

Also, one of our posters wrote about Miss Brodie's favorite snack for her "girls" being pineapple and cream in The Prime of Miss JB...oh...gosh...that never popped into my head before...MISS JB. Oh, la di da...another coinkydinky....

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Unfortunately, all of Why Nut's photos seem to have disappeared...they are no more...maybe we were all just seeing the bowl and thinking it had cream in it?

But didn't Patsy talk about pineapple and cream somewhere, maybe not referring to the bowl left on the table, but talking about the kids' usual snacks or something?? I know she copied TPOMJB and that is what one of the characters (Jean herself?) ate...

I still find it creepy that Patsy took that strange idiosyncrasy out of the novel and adopted it into her own life. What real person ever does such a thing?
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

I've been reviewing the "pineapple" issue in the '98 DA/Haney interview with Patsy, and that woman was SUCH a liar. She's so obviously covering up the truth...but I digress...already....

I don't see any mention of "cream" in the bowl of pineapple. What I see is a mother trying her best not to "remember" anything that might be held against her in a court of law. The bowl of pineapple is seen in a photo of the Ramsey table at the party on the 23rd, among other "garnishments" for decorating the gingerbread houses with the children. Who put that together? It was something Patsy did other years, right? Did anyone in LE or the RST ever think to ASK who put that together? Where that bowl ENDED UP? From which JonBenet took her LAST SUSTENANCE?

Seems important to me....

http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/19...w-Complete.htm

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    Maybe I am hallucinating - wishful thinking - that one of the detectives asked Patsy about the bowl. Maybe she never said it was cream. I thought she had, though. I can't seem to find any references to the interview however. I could be wrong. I've been wrong before, and surely will be again!

Heymom no one is saying you're wrong. Heck we're all wrong about some of this stuff every once in a while anyway. It's just i had never heard that she said that. I think in one interview she couldn't ID what was in the bowl. That's all I can remember. And for what it's worth it does look like cream in some pics and in others it doesn't. So, who knows? But I think it has some bearing on whether or not JB got that snack out for herself eithor earlier in the day or later that night and also it goes to some theories that she ate it before going to the Whites just by scooping some up with her fingers in a casual way while running around and playing that day. I've got the pictures on my computer. I'll see if I can figure out how to post them here.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    The picture is very grainy and imo what looks 'whitish' in the photo it is due to the graininess. Since the contents of the bowl were thoroughly analyzed, imo it would have been mentioned in one of the books on the case if there had been cream in it. Nor does the autopsy report mention any remains of dairy products in JonBenet's digestive tract.
    I have bumped up the "Prime of Miss Jean Brodie" thread for you, Karen. The discussion there was pretty controversial.

To me, that does look as if there is some liquid or something besides pineapple in the bowl, which is why I wanted to take a similar photograph. If no one mentioned it, however, perhaps it was not cream after all. Now, as far as the digestion of a liquid...I would think there wouldn't be much left of that in JonBenet's stomach, but I'm not a scientist.

I don't know if it matters other than yet another tie to Patsy and her weird connection to TPOMJB, and yet another piece of evidence that contrary to her statements, that "set-up" is exactly what Patsy would "do."
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    To me, that does look as if there is some liquid or something besides pineapple in the bowl, which is why I wanted to take a similar photograph. If no one mentioned it, however, perhaps it was not cream after all. Now, as far as the digestion of a liquid...I would think there wouldn't be much left of that in JonBenet's stomach, but I'm not a scientist.

I don't know if it matters other than yet another tie to Patsy and her weird connection to TPOMJB, and yet another piece of evidence that contrary to her statements, that "set-up" is exactly what Patsy would "do."
    A poster on another forum wrote that he once accidentally left fresh pineapple out for too long, and that it looked pretty much like what can be seen in the bowl. Maybe some liquid oozes from the fruit then.
    Perhaps that pineapple bowl was not taken directly from the fridge after the Ramseys came home (iirc, the bowl was not found in the kitchen, but in the breakfast room), but the bowl had been left on the table from earlier in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Was this photo taken from the other side of the table? I almost thought it was a copy-cat "set-up" by someone else, but then the table, the bowl and the spoon are identical.