Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by madeleine_ws View Post
    Does anyone know what their explanation re the date was?Why 25 and not 26?TIA
    I also think Patsy's need for theater dictated that JonBenet must have died on Christmas Day, not Boxing Day (they would not have known what that was, but that's 12/26 in the UK). Patsy would enjoy in a twisted way, the further sympathy she could get for losing her daughter on that most special day.

They both certainly knew when JonBenet was killed.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by Learnin View Post
    I think we have to keep in mind that, if the pineapple was sitting in a bowl of cream or milk, it doesn't mean JBR ingested much of the cream. I believe JBR reached into the bowl and picked up a piece, maybe two, of pineapple and popped them into her mouth. In this scenario, there would be very little cream or milk in her G.I. tract. There could be so little, that it would probably not be identified. Keep in mind that pineapple consists of mostly water so the little bit of milk or cream would even be mixed with this.

This is why, when I performed my experiment, I used as little barium as necessary to visualize the pineapple but not enough to falsify the transit time.
    I just want to say how awesome it is that you were able to carry out this experiment. I read KK's posts from this thread and am amazed and excited to have you over here on FFJ. I want to leave a bowl of pineapple out in the open to see what might happen to it, but of course my problem is that I live in the deep South where there is a LOT more humidity and mold than there is up in Boulder! My pineapple will be GREEN and fuzzy in no time! I may wait until December when the climate is closer to that of Colorado...I'll put out the cream/pineapple combo and plain pineapple and we'll see what happens in 24 hours or so. Thank you so much for your interest in this case.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    I just want to say how awesome it is that you were able to carry out this experiment. I read KK's posts from this thread and am amazed and excited to have you over here on FFJ. I want to leave a bowl of pineapple out in the open to see what might happen to it, but of course my problem is that I live in the deep South where there is a LOT more humidity and mold than there is up in Boulder! My pineapple will be GREEN and fuzzy in no time! I may wait until December when the climate is closer to that of Colorado...I'll put out the cream/pineapple combo and plain pineapple and we'll see what happens in 24 hours or so. Thank you so much for your interest in this case.
    Thank you for your kind words. I don't know why I didn't do it about six months earlier. I always felt that "two hours" was a safe estimation on LE's part and was used to prove that JBR ate the pineapple after arriving home. So, finally, I thought I would confirm what my experience was telling me.

Bump. I have some more information to share about this transit time in regards to the pineapple.

I know of a young lady who, unfortunately, had to have her entire colon (large intestine) surgically removed. Her small intestine was hooked directly to the rectum so she would not have to live with a colostomy the rest of her life.

Now. Do you know how long it takes for food to travel from her stomach through the rectum? FIFTY ONE MINUTES. That's right. When this young lady eats a meal, she begins to empty it within one hour.

Now. How long do you suppose it would take a few chunks of pineapple to enter the first part of the small bowel if this young ladies meal is through the entire small intestine within one hour?

We're not speaking 2 hours here. Pineapple, as my experience and experiment proved (and this unfortunate girl confirms) would be in a young lady's proximal small intestine any where from 15 minutes to one hour max. Bet anything that first assault happened within 30 minutes of JBR eating pineapple.

Bump. I have some more information to share about this transit time in regards to the pineapple.

I know of a young lady who, unfortunately, had to have her entire colon (large intestine) surgically removed. Her small intestine was hooked directly to the rectum so she would not have to live with a colostomy the rest of her life.

Now. Do you know how long it takes for food to travel from her stomach through the rectum? FIFTY ONE MINUTES. That's right. When this young lady eats a meal, she begins to empty it within one hour.

Now. How long do you suppose it would take a few chunks of pineapple to enter the first part of the small bowel if this young ladies meal is through the entire small intestine within one hour?

We're not speaking 2 hours here. Pineapple, as my experience and experiment proved (and this unfortunate girl confirms) would be in a young lady's proximal small intestine any where from 15 minutes to one hour max. Bet anything that first assault happened within 30 minutes of JBR eating pineapple.
    Oh my goodness, Learnin. This could have been the cause of Patsy's rage if JonBenét had been in bed and was too tired to go to the bathroom. This would have set Patsy's temper on fire!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    Oh my goodness, Learnin. This could have been the cause of Patsy's rage if JonBenét had been in bed and was too tired to go to the bathroom. This would have set Patsy's temper on fire!
    Something surely happened soon after the snack, Elle.

Quote Originally Posted by heymom View Post
    I never did get around to doing that experiment...Here it is, getting toward December again...Maybe I'll try it this year when the weather finally gets cool/cold. I still think that bowl had cream in it, though.

Something surely happened soon after the snack, Elle.
    I feel this is what started it all, Learnin! (?), It's about the only thing which makes sense in this case with all the concoction of the ransom note etc. etc.
    You do have patience with your experiments!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Thanks Learnin, the two hours estimate does seem VERY conservative.

Pineapple, as my experience and experiment proved (and this unfortunate girl confirms) would be in a young lady's proximal small intestine any where from 15 minutes to one hour max. Bet anything that first assault happened within 30 minutes of JBR eating pineapple.
    Thanks so much Learnin for this crucial info.
    According to J. Kolar's book (p. 64), neurological changes to the brain cells indicated a time of survival after the head injury which could have ranged from between 45 minutes and 2 hours.
    Would the digestion process have continued at its usual pace after the head injury?

Very interesting, Learnin.

And so sorry for the young woman going through this pain and adjustment.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon View Post
    Thanks so much Learnin for this crucial info.
    According to J. Kolar's book (p. 64), neurological changes to the brain cells indicated a time of survival after the head injury which could have ranged from between 45 minutes and 2 hours.
    Would the digestion process have continued at its usual pace after the head injury?
    I have always thought that peristalsis would probably have ended with that massive head trauma. I, always, assumed the pineapple remained where it was when the head blow was struck.

Now, I emphasize. This is just an educated speculation on my part. I've never observed any digestive process with such a scenario. My experience tells me that peristalsis (bowel contraction) is a finicky (sp?) thing. If you eat something you don't like, it can slow or stop for a time. If you're not feeling well, it could slow or stop. Certain medications could slow or stop it for a time.
    So, I'm assuming that brain trauma could (would) do the same.