New Boulder DA Stan Garnett

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Jan 2, 2009.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I'm too cynical. You tell me.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/jan/02/boulder-county-new-top-cop/

2. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Cynic #2 checking in:

I have very mixed feelings about this whole thing. On one hand I wonder if the BPD, now about to have this case returned to them, would like to restore their reputation. They have been trashed for 12 years as incompetent, the Keystone cops, corrupt, inept, etc. While the RDI were somehat more sympathetic, the fact remains that they didn't do a good job and there's no returning the crime scene to ANYONE in a condition that will be helpful.

However, having said that, the INTERPRETATION of the evidence can still be RE-interpreted. Will they do that? It depends. Do they make the BPD of THEN look as bad as the critics have stated? Do they go and make the DA of THEN appear as corrupt as he was? Do they make the DA AFTER Hunter look as corrupt as Hunter? Will the new DA allow that? So many IFS. No matter what, politics and associations still have to exist and my opinion is that the BPD SHOULD ask the FBI to step in to back them up if they come to ANY opinion at all

As far as the newest DA, it's hard to say where his heart is. IF Patsy is the murderer, she does NOT really meet his criteria for putting more resources into the case. She is deceased, poses no threat to the community and I don't think there is any parent convicted that can "deter" another parent from murdering their child. This is not robbing a liquor store, where one may learn a lesson. A parent/mother who would murder their child will do so no matter how many have been caught and convicted before them. It takes a "special" person to murder a child, especially their own. So given those criteria, Garnett may not have an interest in pursuing this case to its fullest extent insofar as resources.

Not being a Boulder resident, we don't know how many unsolved or prosecutable crimes there are that require valuable resources and to think that those resources would be tapped into in an effort to solve the JBR case, might be wishful thinking only.

What Garnett CAN and SHOULD do is to take a little time to review the case, and publicly state that NOBODY AND EVERYBODY are still "suspects". He could reverse the public CLEARING of the Ramseys and just state that the DNA is not the end all of the case, leaving everyone still suspect. Back to square one and back to the BPD to investigate. We don't know Garnett's supporters, connections, political affiliations and where he "personally" stands on this case.

I will remain cynical and assume that this case will remain cold UNLESS they all agree to turn it over to another, non Boulder PD or the FBI. Anything coming out of Boulder will be subject to the feelings of bias, one way or the other.

We'll just have to wait and see IF Garnett does anything at all and IF Garnett is as "in bed" as the other DAs were with the powerful. Will Garnett be afraid of Lin Wood? Do they have any acquaintance? Will Wood have the means and ammunition to threaten litigation now after all these years? Will Smit remain involved? Officially? UNofficially? Will they take action against his powerpoint and bias?

The most important question of all IMO: Does Fleet White feel Garnett is a good man? If so, this could be the start of something wonderful (I'm not ALWAYS cynical :)). If not, this will remain a cold case

Lots of questions remain unanswered (for now)

3. koldkase

I think you've laid the questions out very well, Barbara.

Here are the issues raised by Garnett that I think are critical:

I've said this many times, but it never seems to register with the IDIs, and no wonder, as apparently Dufus Lacy didn't "get it", either: Just how much would a TRIAL cost in this case? Any defense attorney not bought and paid for by some form of corruption could win for his defendant by simply HOLDING OUT FOR A TRIAL. No way Boulder would pay for this trial. It would cost MILLIONS, if it's even POSSIBLE to imagine trying to prosecute ANYONE when Patsy's ransom note is and will forever be reasonable doubt for everyone.

Now that I think about it, I can see why Patsy was the one who wrote the note: she had ovarian cancer. she knew her days were limited, since very few of her experimental cancer group lived to the five year point, many dying within a few years of the treatment. If she went to prison, it would in all likelihood only be for a short time, by the time they actually went to trial, etc. Patsy was the sacrifice.

Oh my gosh. Now it makes sense. I have thought many, many times that Patsy was almost "taunting" LE when she wrote her exemplars: "...the two gentlemen sitting at the table...." Maybe the Ramseys actually believed that what happened would be detected by LE, and Patsy was prepared to take the fall.

Okay...I know...I have to chew on this a bit.... Hmmmm....

4. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I suppose that it wouldn't hurt to do a little digging and see if any of the case players out there have a business/financial connection to Garnett......

5. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Barbara,

You got me to thinking a little here. I would be satisfied if the new DA, Garnett, after his "study" of the case would take back or undo the letter that Lazy wrote clearing John. It in no way settles this case because the guilty haven't paid for for their crime. But it would put the umbrella of suspicion back where it belongs on John and/or Burke and ultimately Patsy. If that is the best that we can hope for then I would be somewhat satisfied. I would be inclined to hope that the court hearing with that Judge in Florida was it who ruled that the "INTRUDER" did it because Loose Mitts didn't bring all the evidence also would be undone. That is a lot to hope for but I can still dream. Even Judges make mistakes. And for her to have ruled with onely one side being presented well.....shame on her and double shame because it has gone on for so long. :steamed: :bsflag:

6. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Ode to the new look at the murder book

Hello Garnett
    Goodbye Barnett
    So long, dear long haired Lacy
    And big tooth, shallow Tracy
    Hello possible new look
    At the Ram murder book
    Goodbye silly Lou and crazy Pam
    And that infamous forum by Jam
    Goodbye to footnote * J.M. Karr
    And Woody, the bad seed at the bar
    Hello to those who take a new look
    At the tattered Ram’s old murder book
    But is Garnett just one of the clones
    On Boulder’s D.A.’S â€do nothing thronesâ€
    Or is he really going to take a good look
    At the "cover-ups" in the Ram murder book
    Will he be brave with courage to dig
    Beneath Santa, the tooth fairy and the stunned-gun pig
    Will he know about the big panties and the “and henceâ€
    And the hush money that has long since been spent
    Will he listen to the likes of Steve and Fleet
    And reinterview folks who heard screams on that street
    Will Garnett really, really “make wavesâ€
    And buck the system with secrets in its graves
    Or will he just hide and pull up the covers
    Like so many creepy “comrade†others
    Time will tell
    In the meantime there are those in hell
    Awaiting the horror of the grave diggers bell

GL

7. heymom

heymom Member

Excellent as always Greenleaf!!! Bravo!! You rock!

:takeabow::bow::jumpie::crown:

8. Greenleaf

heymom

I can always count on you for a response, dear heymom. Thank you, thank you.

GL

9. Elle

Elle Member

Very clever, Greenleaf. Very Clever! You have nailed it! you're such a little clever clogs! [​IMG]

Elle ox

10. koldkase

Ooooh, Greenleaf, excellent. I think this one is my very favorite! Those last lines gave me a bit of a shiver.... :ghost:

11. Karen

Karen Member

Greenleaf! Definetly one of my favorites! You are so talented. Thank you!!

12. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Great poem, Greenleaf. I am more of a Limerick person myself.

There once was a DA from Boulder
    Who let this case get colder and colder
    Ineptitude rules-
    In a room full of fools
    To have justice, we need someone bolder.

13. heymom

heymom Member

Takes a writer to appreciate a writer, Greenleaf. You are outstanding in your ability to take a current topic and write a poem to fit.

:yay:

14. Thor

Thor Active Member

Good job Greenie, I love that!!! We need you on Lizard Tongue's azz.

DeeDee, that was a great limerick too. So true.

15. Elle

Elle Member

I like this DeeDee!

We do need someone bolder in Boulder![​IMG]

16. Karen

Karen Member

LOVE IT!! Thank you DeeDee!

17. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

PERFECT GREENIE! (AS ALWAYS) :rose:

For me, I have highlighted what I personally believe will be the test of the new DA. I still believe that Fleet holds many answers; possibly THE answers

18. Greenleaf

Thanks, and a "follow-up ODE"

Many thanks to all who responded, and to those who read here and didn't respond. It sometimes take courage to pen these Odes, not knowing how they will be received. So, I thank you all.
    heymom; Elle ('little clever clogs?") LOL; Karen; DeeDee (loved your poem); Thor ("Lizard tongue's azz?") LOL; Barbara ("Perfect?") Ah, Barbara, thanks. That'll keep me going for awhile.
    Ode to the new Boulder D.A.

Sometimes convoluted tales can best be told
    Through silly stanzas, via the Ode
    Keeping it simple requires a simple mind
    (Not too mean and not too kind)
    Both heroes and villains should be exposed
    (While a tale worth telling should be well- composed)
    Even when laden with metaphors galore
    The teller should know the story’s lore
    It should make the reader frown, cry and grin
    With a beginning, middle and an end
    Not privy to the end makes lame all tales
    But those in the know could end this spell
    The truth can educate
    (No more need to speculate)
    One credible witness with much to say
    Could close all the gaps, without much delay
    Depending, of course, on the D.A.
    Depending entirely on the new D.A.
    The new D.A.
    All hopes are in the new D.A.
    Now...in Boulder...before I get older
    Look hard at the Ram Folder
    And listen before memories grow colder
    In once beautiful Boulder

GL

19. Elle

Elle Member

Poet Laureate presented
    to Greenleaf January 4, 2009

Attached Files:

20. rashomon

rashomon Member

Cool limerick, DeeDee! And so true.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice