JonBenet: In search of a killer 02/15/09 by Donal Lynch

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Little

Little Member

Read entire article here:
    http://www.independent.ie/world-news/americas/jonbenet-in-search-of-a-killer-1640647.html

2. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

What an odd article. That's not even JonBenet in the photo even although the caption says it is.

3. Little

Little Member

I thought it was an interesting article though. Most of it was accurate and isn't it funny how any, even tiny mistake, jumps out at you?

I thought the same about the photo. Close but no cigar.

Little

4. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Actually, I believe the photo is JonBenét, just not one we normally see because it is not one Patsy would have wanted shown. There are pageant photos of JonBenét in that hat with her hair down. It could be one from a photo shoot that wasn't re-touched.

Photo Shoot for Pageant Portfolio by Randy Simons, Photographer

"In the studio, I shot close-ups (snip). At the residential subdivision Ken Caryl Ranch, I did the Little House on the Prairie dress (snip). At the Wilson White Fence Farm in Lakewood, which has a gazebo and carousel horses, (snip) I'd photographed JonBenet in eleven different outfits. I was paid $590 for the day. A month later she ordered $960 worth of hand-retouched prints. [PMPTpg258sb]

5. Jayelles

Maybe it was posed by an actress to avoid copyright or expensive royalties. Or... I know there were a couiple of films made about the case, could it be a still from one of them?

I was thinking. The author is irish. Sometimes the Irish have an unusual (kind of poetic) way with words. Perhaps that is why the article seems a little odd (Im serious btw).

6. Jayelles

Compare these photos. The hats dont even have the same number of rings:-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Yep...you are right there Jayelles. Good catch.

8. Little

Little Member

It certainly resembles JonBenet. I had the same thought as J_R that perhaps it came from discarded photos, but I think your thought about it is probably right. This is a cute little girl but the cheeks and chin are different (boy will I feel dumb if it really is JonBenet).

Little

9. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

you are right Jayelles, and the girls look similar, the other girl doesn't have JonBenet's bone structure, the cheeks are bigger and fleshier and the eyebrows are darker.

10. heymom

heymom Member

No way is that JonBenet. Totally different little girl.

Edit....wellllll....I guess it might be JonBenet, but much younger??? Does anyone have a photo of JonBenet that goes back to age 3 or 4?

11. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

That is not JonBenet. Probably someone hired to portray her, for the article. It isn't the little girl who played her in PMPT, either.

12. Thor

Thor Active Member

This photo is not JonBenet. There was a movie made about her and this is an actress portraying her. I remember the movie. May have been a TV movie, can't remember, but there was a rare movie made about the case and this little actress played her in that movie. Hey mom is right, this was not the actress in Perfect Murder. There was another movie made about JonBenet and this is the actress in that movie.

13. Jayelles

The little girl in the article photo looks decidedly Irish now that I consider it. If you right-click on the photo and select "Properties", the photo is called "Jonbennet" (sic). Another reason to support it being a fake. It's kind of like the fake goods one finds at markets - e.g. "Kalvin Kline" underwear :)

14. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Some of us have old eyes. I just remember the hat and knew there were some pictures that had not been touched up. Sorry for the mistake.

15. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I thought this was the little actor who played JonBenet in the movie based on Schiller's book. No?

I believe the reason no photo of JonBenet is used is because those who have the actual "rights" to the actual photos of JonBenet...like people represented by "Zuma"...have recently begun to contact every news organization and website over copyright infringement. I was reading about that last week, I think.

The gist is that news organizations who have used JonBenet's photos for years--like the one the BPD released of her we so often see, which actually is owned by someone and that person has copyright protection--are now being contacted by the agencies representing those photo and video owners. All who want to use these photos of JB now have to pay, legally. It is the law.

My first thought--oh, great, MORE people using a murdered child to make money. These people want to remain "anonymous" in many cases, BTW. HA!

Did I mention this includes the PAGEANT ORG'S. who had the videos made we see of JonBenet? Oh, yeah.

So we'll be seeing less and less photos of JonBenet. I expect those on various websites to be pulled eventually. If you want 'em, save them now.

(PS I may have read about this here, so if I'm repeating, sorry.)

16. Little

Little Member

All in all I thought this was about as decent of an article I have read in a while. It's not like the writer isn't acknowledging that the Ramseys brought a lot of the bad press, and for good reason, upon themselves.

I like that he didn't say "beaten and strangled" because although JonBenet did have a fractured skull, and she did have a cord tied around her throat, that, IMO was the impression that the staging was supposed to give. To be absolutely correct, she was found dead in the basement. I still believe that her death was caused by some tragic result of a conflict between her and her mother and that the cord was a prop.

The photo is not really all that important IMO however the caption should have stated that it wasn't an actual photo of JonBenet. If the writer grabbed a picture off the net he may not have been aware of that.

Little

17. Elle

Elle Member

For sure this isn't the little girl in Perfect Murder Perfect Town, Thor. This little girl is much better looking, and no way does she look like JonBenét.

18. Elle

Elle Member

I agree Little. The caption should have stated the real name of the young actress playing JonBenét. Why don't you let John Ramsey know, so he can sue the photographer and collect more money for his flying jaunts. [​IMG]

I think it was Patsy Ramsey who was frazzled by all she had to do and lost it when she paid her midnight call to waken JonBenét, and found she was too late and dragged her out of bed. Grandma Nedra Paugh said she would yell and scream if dragged out of her bed.

19. Thor

Thor Active Member

OK, I looked this up on IMDB (a cite with about every movie made that lists actors & actresses). This was a 2000 movie that was entitled "Getting Away With Murder" about JonBenet. The little actress that played her is named Julia Granstrom. This photo is her. I remember the movie came out around the same time as PMPT. It was a made for TV movie. I would imagine if you did an internet search, you'd find her picture.

20. Jayelles

I am under the impression that there were two Ramsey movies made. PMPT was one of them and the little girl who was in that was definitely blonde. However, I am sure that there was another film made - one which I didn't see because it has never aired in the UK.

I have a vague recollection that on Cyblersleuths original website, there were clips from the Ramsey films but I could never view them because I didn't have the right player.

Maybe this little girl is from the other film which I have a vague recollection of not seeing ?:floor:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice