Carnes & Wood - JonBenet mentions

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Little

Little Member

Well, two infamous names in the JonBenet Ramsey case are in today's news:

Not too much from L. Wood except he seems to be the go-to guy for the dregs.
    Carnes reflects a bit on her case-changing decision.

2. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

"A very dangerous thing..."

Thank you, Little, for posting this.

Does this mean that Carnes regrets her conclusions, as to the probability of an intruder? It sure sounds like it. But, alas, it’s probably too little too late.
    " What it teaches is that drawing broad inferences based on very limited and selective evidence is a very dangerous thing to do." I think this is an unconscious got-ya moment! Yes, indeed, Judge Carnes, you finally admit to your awful judicial error, which resulted in giving aid and comfort to the guilty parties, while turning the public's attention away from the true evidence in this case. Perhaps it would have been better had you pursued your studies in another discipline, and became an English Professor, as was in your original plans. You are just one of many who will be forever enshrined in the “Ramsey Criminal Hall of Shame.” Yes, Madam, your lazy, expedient conclusions, “based on selective evidence,” is most assuredly “a very dangerous thing.” But, now, what to do; what to do?

Take off your robes, sister, and....

“Get thee to a nunnery!” There, you can read Shakespeare all day long, and do penance for your whopping judicial indiscretions, which had a domino effect upon the entire Ramsey case, resulting in the guilty (one buried, unscathed) and the other, still walking around upright, breathing, eating and enjoying all the freedoms he (and she) took away from the abused, murdered little girl.
    There, too, you can meditate upon all the innocent folks’ the Ram’s threw under the bus; ruining reputations and causing too much disruption and misery in too many families to enumerate here. Have you given any thought to how THEY felt when you issued such a “flaky” statement, from the bench, exonerating (in effect) the entire Ram clan?

(I take full responsibility for the ideas and thoughts of this post and it does not necessarily reflect upon the thoughts and/or ideas of other members of FFJ. )
    gl

3. WVSleuth

WVSleuth Member

" What it teaches is that drawing broad inferences based on very limited and selective evidence is a very dangerous thing to do."

Yeah, that kind of gob-smacked me too.. Incredible!

4. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I don't think she's recanting her judgement. I think her comment refers to the media's earlier RDI stance and that she is saying that was dangerous "given the dearth of evidence against the Ramseys".

However, I do think she iis trying to justify her judgement in the Wolf case and is suggesting that Darnay didn't make enough of a case when he was given the opportunity to do so. That's interesting. It suggest that she is acknowledging that she didn't have enough to go on and had no option but to make the judgement she did.

5. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Jayelles,

I agree with you. I think Judge Carnes is reflecting on the fact that she was given limited info at the time of the Wolf case. Over these years since that decision was made she no doubt has kept a silent but watchful eye on the case probably from the news and the tiny bur growing idea that "maybe" the Ramseys aren't so innocent. :gavel:

Just as in regular jury trials the jury can't make a decision for guilt because they "think" there is some evidence there to make him/her look guilty. It must be presented for them to act upon. If the prosecution doesn't present evidence then it is their fault that the jury doesn't find guilt. But we all know that of course.

6. Little

Little Member

LOL Greenleaf. You have a way of putting it all in one neat package. I hope this applies. A very good friend gave me a thesaurus before he passed away. This is what he wrote on the inside cover:

oft was thought, but ne'er so well expressed” (Alexander Pope).

7. rashomon

rashomon Member

"Dearth of evidence", my foot! Priceless!
    Whether it was a conscious decision on Carnes' part to write these misrepresentions of facts, or just plain ignorance basing her ruling on alleged "facts" fed to her by Team Ramsey does not matter - what matters is that Judge Carnes' claim that there was "a dearth of evidence against the Ramseys" is JUST PLAIN FALSE.

Just one example of many in her report:
    Carnes stating that all six experts agreed that Mr. Ramsey could be eliminated as the author of the Ransom Note" is clearly WRONG info.
    A conclusion based on false premises is not worth the paper it is written on (and Carnes' report is full of such errors!), which is why her asinine claim about an alleged "dearth of evidence" against the Ramseys" is just plain absurd.
    This case is an evidentiary no-brainer when it comes to concluding that the Ramseys were involved in the cover-up of their daughter's homicide by staging a scene to misdirect LE.

From Cherokee's post on the 'Fact or Fiction' thread: http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9149&highlight=carnes&page=3
    Great post, Cherokee!

Another excellent analysis can be read here:

"Carnes Carnival of Erros" by Delmar England:
    http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=1647

8. Elle

Elle Member

Well said, Greenleaf! It's just unbelievable the number of people who are responsible for bringing the wrong verdict to the JonBenét Ramsey case. Lou Smit, D.A. Alex Hunter, D.A. Mary Lacy, Lin Wood, Judge Carnes etc. etc. They should all be charged for obstruction of justice.

9. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you for posting this interesting article, Little. Karma does catch up with these scumbags, doesn't it? :toast: Three cheers!

10. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

See, that's why I devoted an entire chapter in the book to her dis-honor.

She's either stupid or in so deep she can't get out. She knows full-well she didn't see one single page of the case file, and most likely didn't bother to read ST's book at all.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

11. Greenleaf

Little/Elle

Little, you wrote:

"LOL Greenleaf. You have a way of putting it all in one neat package. I hope this applies. A very good friend gave me a thesaurus before he passed away. This is what he wrote on the inside cover:

oft was thought, but ne'er so well expressed” (Alexander Pope)."

My goodness! Whatever did I do to deserve that?
    Thank you, dear Little. You give me the courage to go forward, in this sea of sleuthing troubles. LOL.

And, thank you, dear Elle, for this:

"Well said, Greenleaf! It's just unbelievable the number of people who are responsible for bringing the wrong verdict to the JonBenét Ramsey case. Lou Smit, D.A. Alex Hunter, D.A. Mary Lacy, Lin Wood, Judge Carnes etc. etc. They should all be charged for obstruction of justice."

Right you are, Elle. When the final chapter is written, about this convoluted case, all those characters, and more, will be exposed; including, "Have- Stun-Gun-Will -Travel-Smitty; PammyPoo, JammyWho, Doug-less, Wood-me-me-me, Had-Done & Co., "the grand jury that wasn't," and "the lie-detectors that couldn't;" not to mention the Pests at the swamplands.

gl

12. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

It's Upside Down World, isn't it? Ramseyland is opposite day everyday.

13. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

handwriting

Your quote Rash says that Mr. Ramsey could be eliminated and that IS probably true. It is Mrs. Ramsey that couldn't be eliminated.

14. rashomon

rashomon Member

You are of course right, Texan. Sorry about the mistake.

15. Elle

Elle Member

Let's put it this way, sweet Greenleaf, I think you would have given Dr. Seuss a run for his money! Above so many other wonderful children's books, I loved the rythm of the Dr. Seuss books. I loved "Cat in the Hat!" What a wonderful writer he was.

"The Cat in the Hat" was written because Dr. Seuss thought the famous Dick and Jane primers were insanely boring.

He was right! They were! [​IMG]

16. AMES

AMES Member

I will have those Dick and Jane books ingrained in my brain, until the day that I die. "See Dick", "See Dick Run", "Run, Dick Run", "Puff", "See Puff", "See Puff Run", "Run, Puff Run". Boring is NOT the word for it...

17. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I liked the Dick and Jane series. I always wanted a dog like Puff, too.

Life was simple then.

Not anymore.

Now Jane is found dead in her basement and Dick is under an umbrella for all time.

Puff was euthanized for pizzing on the rugs.

:duped:

18. Greenleaf

Keeping the record straight...

Come on now, folks. The dog's name was "Spot," and not "Puff."

And, there was no basement in their house, and Spot was toilet-trained.
    The only umbrella was owned by Dick and Jane's Dad, and he was only under it when it rained. LOL.

Look at Koldkase. See her run.
    Look at Spot. Listen to him bark.

gl

19. Elle

Elle Member

Our whole family had more fun with my youngest with Dr.Seuss. No regrets! [​IMG]

20. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Me too. Perhaps surprisingly, I only discovered Dr Seuss when I had Tootsie and a cousin of my husband gave her Cat in the Hat. I loved the rhythm of it - couldn't get enough of it. I used to read it to her every day, but it was just as much for me as her.

I think the rhythm of Cat in the Hat could be good for developing language skills.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice