Something I saw on "Snapped"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Karen, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Karen

Karen Member

Hello everybody! Hope everything is going well for all of you. Things have been relatively quiet on this board as of late so i thought i'd just throw this out there to see what you all thought about it.

I was watching an episode of "Snapped" on the WE channel today and a police detective whom they didn't name, sorry, said the following and I quote, " Strangers don't clean up after themselves. If you see clean up in a house, and I've only seen it on a couple of cases, somebody in the family is involved."

That was the only quote from him at the beginning of the show. BTW this was the Jane Dorotik case who was convicted of killing her husband.

It made me think of the way the sharpie pen and the pad of paper was placed neatly back where it had been taken from when it was used. Could that be considered "clean-up" as this detective was refering to in his own case? What other items of interest in the JB case would be considered "clean-up" in the house after the murder? The sheets? The flashlight was left out and not returned to the drawer it was kept in. What about the "clean-up" of JB's body? That would be out of context for this show I'm watching but it is still a "clean-up." What else was cleaned up that we know about?

2. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Karen, I would agree with the detective. This was certainly a clean-up in the Ramsey house, with Patsy and John being the cleaners. Even the flashlight was wiped clean, and this was ridiculous because fingerprints would be expected on this with the family using it - right?

Good to pick up tips like this from other cases..

3. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

True pen and pad put back and flashlight wiped down, including the batteries....but the perp forgot to put the bowl of pineapple back in the fridge.

I agree with the dectective, intruders don't spend time cleaning up their messes, or victimes.

Nor do they forget the ransom note when going on a kidnapping.

Snapped is exactly what I think happened the night JB died.

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I don't think the pineapple was forgotten. I think they simply never realized it would show up in an autopsy. The housekeeper said PR was very sloppy- it was not a tidy home. She said PR and the kids NEVER picked up after themselves or put anything back, even things that belonged in the fridge. LHP hadn't been there for a few days, with the holiday and all. PR wasn't used to cleaning up after herself, and so it wasn't something she would have thought to do, considering she never thought it would be an issue in the case. That is the main reason why PR denied giving JBR the pineapple. PR's prints were on the bowl! Yet at first she even denied owning the bowl, till it was shown on her table in a photo from her Dec. 23rd party. After all, giving your kid a pineapple bedtime snack is not suspicious. LYING about it is.

5. Show Me

Yeah it was odd when Patsy was shown the photo of the pineapple she denied it was her own bowl!

6. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Remind you of anyone, like Jackie Peterson? DENY DENY DENY

7. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Oh, Patsy was quite good at creating red herrings. Remember this?

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4929507,00.html

8. Show Me

Refresh my memory on Jackie Peterson Moab.

Patsy didn't even recognize a 'prize' bear from a precious pageant either....she just didn't want to go there pal.

9. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Scott Peterson's mother just told him to DENY DENY DENY that he murdered his wife and unborn child.

10. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

peterson

I just reread a book about the Laci Peterson murder. It is so horrible, what a selfish person Scott is and I feel sure his mom had a hand in how he turned out that way. I feel bad for her a little and also his dad because I am also sure they never dreamed spoiling him so much would lead to something so drastic.

11. Show Me

Oh duh! How soon i forget.

She was in denial to the nth degree.

12. rashomon

rashomon Member

Patsy seems to have done some "clean-up" with herself too, putting on fresh make-up and doing her hair immaculately, to camouflage the traces which staying up all night going through the horror had left on her face ...

13. AMES

AMES Member

LHP even said that the Ramsey's did not even own a clothes hamper!! (GASP!) (We don't have the money that the Ramsey's once had, and we own seven of them.) They just threw their clothes on the floor. I agree, Patsy didn't think that the pineapple was going to be such an issue...or she would have put it back in the fridge, or tossed it out. She was just used to being messy.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  14. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

You know, Patsy could easily have had a wig on, as well. I didn't become that conscious of how many wigs Patsy had until many years later. She had them from her chemo days, but didn't Judith Phillips say Patsy wore wigs, along with her fur coat, back when they both still lived in Atlanta, when Judith first met Patsy? Or am I mis-remembering that?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
  15. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Karen

Karen you are confused. Rules regarding crime scenes only apply to non-wealthy people.

16. Karen

Karen Member

Only in The Peoples Republic of Boulder. :nono:

17. Show Me

I can't imagine one of the first things innocent parents do is to hire a Public Relations firm....but I guess the Ramsey's knew this was the best way to catch an intruder/killer/kidnapper/body forgetter.

Maybe the intruder/killer/kidnapper/body forgetter will feel sooooo guilty at what he/she'd done to the parents and turn themselves in?

18. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

What about California? You couldn't convict anyone in that state in the 90's. Luckily they seem to be getting stricter now

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice