YouTube Video (with English subtitles) Amaral's book

Discussion in 'Madeleine McCann' started by Little, May 8, 2009.

1. Little

Little Member

This is a documentary made by Gonçalo Amaral based on his book "The Truth of the Lie".

Senhor Goncalo Amaral - The Truth of the Lie - with English subtitles (PART 1 of 6)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxGhlYTNisw&eurl

Senhor Goncalo Amaral - The Truth of the Lie - with English subtitles (PART 2 of 6)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-bGNM54zbo&feature=related

Senhor Goncalo Amaral - The Truth of the Lie - with English subtitles (PART 3 of 6)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF_EZCp-zJQ&feature=related

The second half of the documentary:

Senhor Goncalo Amaral - The Truth of the Lie - with English subtitles (PART 4 of 6)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx4fOjXPKH0&feature=related

Senhor Goncalo Amaral - The Truth of the Lie - with English subtitles (PART 5 of 6)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjtbaFZ01bA&feature=related

Senhor Goncalo Amaral - The Truth of the Lie - with English subtitles (PART 6 of 6)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e7ug0BfNy4&feature=related

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Bless you Little...I will get to it this weekend!!!

3. Little

Little Member

This is a boot-on-the-ground perspective. I'm not saying Amaral is right and I'm not saying Amaral is wrong, just an investigator who was there from the beginning and had to follow what ever leads were available to him. I have little doubt that when the big guns from the UK interjected themselves into his investigation that also raised some red flags to him. These are two different cultures with two different views of the McCanns. I dare say that one side shows a bit of bias in favor of them. That's not helpful to any investigation nor to the relationship between countries. I can't help but go back to the Ramsey case when I see this. Let the chips fall where they may.

Little

4. Elle

Elle Member

It is good to know the other side of the story when it comes to the Madeleine McCann case, Little. We cannot continue to just hear and read one.

5. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

The "big guns" as you call it was the normal response when the British Embassy got involved as a result of some British nationals having a crisis in a foreign country.

My guess is that if this had been an American couple whose child had been abducted in Portugal, the "guns" would have been even bigger since the US is recognised at being even better at protecting the interests of their citizens abroad than the UK is.

The major difference between the Ramsey case and the McCann case is that there is no doubt that JonBenet Ramsey was murdered and it was a case of deciding who did it. The Ramseys had ample opportunity to kill and stage JonBenet's murder and adequate motivate for covering it up. Every piece of evidence in the Ramsey case has at least two conflicting possible explanations.

There is no proof that Madeleine McCann is dead, yet individuals like Gonc. Amaral accuse the parents of her murder and other actively support his accusations and try to interfere even halt the search for her.

Amaral's theory leaves many, many unanswered questions. He relies heavily on the dog alert as "proof" that she was murdered yet he agrees there is no doubt that she was alive and well at tea time that day. His theory is that her parents "sedated" her with a non-sedative painkiller but that she also wakened and climbed onto a settee to see her father talking to an acquaintance approximately half an hour before she was discovered missing. he theorises that she fell from this settee to her death and that her mother came back half an hour later, found her dead or dying and immediately decided not to seek help or even try to resuscitate her, but to immediately bury her instead.

He offers no explanation as to how she did this and was still able to race back to the Tapas bar to raise the alarm within the space of five minutes.

Now, the fall from the settee is very crucual to Amaral's theory because the cadaver dog alerted there. Cadaver dogs alert to cadaverine and they require a person to be dead at least 90 minutes to 2 hours. He offers his theory and does not attempt to explain the scientific inconsistencies.

Not only does he have Kate disposing of Madeleine's body and then raising the alarm within 5 minutes, he also then introduces a fridge into his theory. He doesn't attempt to explain where this fridge was or how the McCanns gained access to it, but he says they must have kept her in a fridge because her body fluids were in the car the McCanns hired more than three weeks after she went missing. There is no corroboration for this claim of body fluids other than early tabloid stories which also falsly claimed that the DNA proved Gerry wasn't Madeleine's father and that her real father had been located through a sperm bank to Birmingham, and cleared! These stories also claimed that a large chunk of MAdeleine's hair and scalp had been found in the boot of the hire car. Where did they get this garbage information from?

Surely if a missing child's body fluids (as opposed to skin cells shed from her clothing and toys) were found in a vehicle her parents hired three weeks after she went missing, it would be ample grounds for arresting them? Instead, the parents are cleared on the basis that there was no proof that they had committed any crime. The man who discovered DNA has even offered to stand as an expert witness on behalf of the McCanns should the need arise.

I do not believe that the Portuguese authorities are so pathetic that they would roll over for anyone in the British establishment. Portugal is not a third world country and they had nothing to lose and everything to gain in terms of "face" by acting on evidence which would incriminate the people who had been so maligned by their media. If anything would shut detractors up, it would surely be the proof that the PJs and Portuguese media had been right. Instead, they conceded that there was no proof and they cleared the arguidos of their status.

Amaral does not speak for the Portuguese Authorities. He is a former cop who was removed from an investigation because of his own behaviour. He is currently facing charges on another case where the mother of a missing child was allegedly tortured into confessing to murdering her own daughter and (wait for it) disposing of her body in a fridge!

I have asked repeatedly for anti-McCanns to state their theory as to how the McCanns carried this off. How did they kill their daughter and dispose of her body and then calmly go to dinner with friends and eat their tapas and drink wine and laugh and be normal? I've asked them to explain not only how the McCanns hid her body for 3-11 weeks before digging it up again and moving it, but WHY? Why would they risk doing that?

I've asked why would they simply dispose of her body instead of trying to rescucitate her or fetching help? A few have responded that they covered it up to hide the fact that they'd left the children alone, but that makes no sense because they've never denied that they did that.

Not one anti-McCann has offered a theory which explains all the facts and does not resort to a complex series of conspiracies invovling everyone from the McCanns themselves to their friends, half of the local people and all the way up to the British Government. Not one has offered a complete theory which fits the facts. I offered an abductor theory which fits the facts and it was dismissed as being very unlikely. Not impossible - just unlikely. yet we know children are abducted. We know Danielle vanDam was abducted by David Westerfield yet he left absolutely no trace of himself in the vanDam home. No-one saw him enter the house, no-one saw him leave with Danielle, yet we know he did it.

Houses are targeted by burglars all the time. These criminals watch the houses, "case the joint", they are adept at gaining entry and they make off with their spoils quickly and without being seen. So why not a child? A child is a very valuable commodity in some circles.

People say "Oh but Tony Blair phoned them up so he must have been a friend and he ordered the cover up...blah". But Tony Blair has a history of phoning people up. It was one of his quirks and what he undoubtedly saw as being the common touch. People would write letters to the prime minister and be astounded to receive a phone call from him in response.

Plus, this was not just a national news item, but a global one and a diplomatically sensitive one. The Government had to get involved. They usually get involved when a British subject has a crisis abroad.

Finally, there is not just one, but about a dozen or more independent witnesses who saw a man either hanging around or carrying a barefooted child that night. That man wasn't Gerry McCann because even more witnesses (reliable witnesses in that they actually knew Gerry McCann or recognised him) place Gerry McCann in the Tapas Bar that evening.

People criticise the McCanns and their friends for not getting their stories straight, but surely if they were all in the conspiracy together, they would have made damn sure they did?

6. Jayelles

Even when that one side is based on malicious and false information?

If anyone has facts which prove the McCanns did this, let's hear them. I'm all ears but I don't want to hear lies or tabloid fantasy. There's no justice there!:banghead:

7. Jayelles

Remember I gave you a link to the forum which has a copy of the case files and you can ask any questions there. Many of the members have followed the case from the start and they are genuinely seeking the truth. Their case knowledge is amazing. You won't be bashed if you question the McCanns because they aren't McCann fans. However you will get objective and intelligent responses. You need to join to access the files.

8. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Thanks Jayelles...I have been so tied up with work the last couple of weks, and horrible allergies the 2-3 weeks prior to that, I haven't had much time to do the research I want to do on the forums and at the links provided, but I will get to it over this next week.

I appreciate not only your links, but all the links everyone has provided.

9. rashomon

rashomon Member

Excellent post, Little!

10. rashomon

rashomon Member

Which forum is this? I'd be very interested in seeing copies of the case files.

11. rashomon

rashomon Member

With "two conflicting possible explanations", do you mean that "every piece of evidence" in the JBR case could point to an intruder too?

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  12. Elle

Elle Member

One thing really troubles me about this case rashomon. Why didn't Kate McCann phone the Tapas Bar for her husband Gerry to go to their room quickly, it was an emergency? Instead, she leaves the other two children unattended even after having found Madeleine missing (?). She doesn't phone The Ocean Club staff to inform them or ask for their assistance. This I cannot understand (?).

The staff could have gone to the Tapas Bar and informed husband Gerry of the emergency. We hear no mention of this at all. We haven't heard too much from The Ocean Club staff, have we? I would have liked their input.

13. Little

Little Member

Maybe I just don't understand how things work in the UK, but I can not imagine President Obama getting involved in a case like this, especially to the extent that Gordon Brown has used his bully pulpit to appoint, or at least influence the appointment, of a prominent media person to personally represent the McCanns.

Bolding mine:

14. Elle

Elle Member

This is just your thinking which you are entitled to, of course! Doesn't mean you are right(?).

15. rashomon

rashomon Member

I really have to rack my brain too as to whether ou chancellor would quickly hurry to lend support to Germans suspected of having committed a crime in a foreign country.
    But maybe Brown felt some pressure because of the world-wide huge media attention this case had right from the start.

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  16. rashomon

rashomon Member

Indeed, there are a lot of things we haven't heard and which make you wonder.
    Why all the McCann ballyhoo about the window ("open", "broken shutters", etc) as an alleged entry and exit point, when the window clearly had NOT been tampered with in any way?

Aso, if it is true (I don't have the source ready at the moment, please correct me anyone if I'm wrong) that Kate said the cuddle cat on the shelf convinced her an intruder took Maddie - well that must have been some neat freak of an intruder to put the plush toy back on the shelf before snatching his victim.

17. Elle

Elle Member

There is mention of cuddle cat in this article, rashomon:

A bit pointless for someone in a hurry to abduct a child to waste time placing the soft toy on the shelf (?).

18. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

There are many differences culturally between the UK and the US even though we share a common language and ancestry. Another factor is the total population. The UK only has around 60 million people compared with over 300 million in the US. (Germany has about 82 million.) 60 million people compared to 300 million makes a huge difference in services and the amount of individual attention. It would be much more difficult for the President of 300 million to pay attention to various major crimes than the Prime Minister of 60 million.

I have learned first-hand how the differences in population size affect everything within a country. Australia only has around 20 million, the population size of Texas, yet they are spread out over a geographic area comparable to the lower 48 states of the US. Conversely, the UK land mass is slightly smaller than the state of Oregon! The US population, fives times greater than the UK's, is spread out over a much larger geographic area.

Numerically and geographically speaking, it would be much more difficult for Barack Obama to be in touch with a US citizen affected by crime than it would be for Gordon Brown and a UK citizen. However, in a high-profile case regarding a US citizen's child in a foreign country, I can see Mr. Obama using his influence to help US citizens in their quest for justice. Why wouldn't he? It is his job to protect American interests overseas.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with Mr. Brown being available to help the McCanns, and I don't understand why there has been such a hue and cry against it. If I were the McCanns, I would try to get all the high-profile backing I could to propel the search for Maddie forward. If Maddie was my daughter, I would move heaven and earth to try to find her, even if that meant begging the President of the United States for his help.

19. Little

Little Member

Amaral's documentary narrated in English by a Portuguese woman

The Truth of the Lie English Narration 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB__7F-Ghpo

The Truth of the Lie English Narration 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozN7NSEX0Kw

The Truth of the Lie English Narration 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLwI30FIqJQ
    Here are the links for Amaral's documentary narrated in English by a Portuguese woman.

The Truth of the Lie English Narration 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvXDYVNd4o4

The Truth of the Lie English Narration 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K4sLeaHkPY

The Truth of the Lie English Narration 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlh4amqA0_c

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice