Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

I'm wondering what a Petechical hemorrhage looks like as they are mentioned below. (?). The medical people here will know.

No mention of this strange mark by Dr. Meyers, fr.

Bonita Papers

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...ead.php?t=5858

At 8:00 a.m., on the morning of December 27, County Coroner Dr. John Meyer began the autopsy on the body of the young beauty pageant queen.

*snip*

Petechial hemorrhages were found on both the upper and lower left and right eyelids and right cheek. Due to the liver mortis on the right cheek, the petechial hemorrhages on the cheek were more difficult to identify. More petechial hemorrhages were found on JonBenet's neck, above and below the furrow.

On the lower back side of JonBenet's left leg, abrasions resembling scratches were found. Small rust colored abrasions were also located along the right jaw line, the lower right side of the chin, the lower neck and the top of her right shoulder. The upper front surfaces of JonBenet's left shoulder contained horizontal scrapes with blue-green bruising apparent in the area of the injury.

A dried substance was found on JonBenet's right cheek, and a sample of this was obtained by swabbing.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program

It isn't mentioned much, but was Dr. Dunn present at the autopsy? If so, were her notes ever made public?
    You now that there were TWO doctors examining her body that first time at the house and NEITHER performed the liver stab and/or vitreous fluid from the eyeballs to attempt to pin down a more accurate time of death. This WAS a crime- and this WAS a child. It's not like it was an 80-year old who died in bed. This was MURDER. The TOD should have been more important to them. Then again...maybe they had their reasons....
    This is my Constitutionally protected OPINION. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    It isn't mentioned much, but was Dr. Dunn present at the autopsy? If so, were her notes ever made public?
    You now that there were TWO doctors examining her body that first time at the house and NEITHER performed the liver stab and/or vitreous fluid from the eyeballs to attempt to pin down a more accurate time of death. This WAS a crime- and this WAS a child. It's not like it was an 80-year old who died in bed. This was MURDER. The TOD should have been more important to them. Then again...maybe they had their reasons....
    According to the following information DeeDee, Dr. Dunn was not present.

Bonita Papers

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/foru...ead.php?t=5858

AUTOPSY

At 8:00 a.m., on the morning of December 27, County Coroner Dr. John Meyer began the autopsy on the body of the young beauty pageant queen. In attendance were Det. Trujillo and Det. Arndt, who had played such a key role throughout the prior day from assisting in the suspected kidnapping investigation to the carrying of the child's body to her final destination in her home. As Arndt looked down at the body of the child that lay so exposed on the cold stainless steel autopsy table, she could not help but remember the words from Officer French, "something didn't seem right".
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    I'm wondering what a Petechical hemorrhage looks like as they are mentioned below. (?). The medical people here will know.

No mention of this strange mark by Dr. Meyers, fr.
    You can look for "petechial hemorrhage" in Google Images. They are burst capillaries.
    Last edited by fr brown; September 27, 2009, 10:42 am at Sun Sep 27 10:42:59 UTC 2009. Reason: to correct a typo

Exclamation Elle,

The petechial hemorrhages look like very teeny tiny red spots. They are all over the eye whites. But they are like a very fine spray of red paint through a fine screen. They are very distinctive and can be a sure sign of strangulation. They are caused by the very smallest capillaries bursting from the pressure. Hope that helps.
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

Quote Originally Posted by zoomama View Post
    The petechial hemorrhages look like very teeny tiny red spots. They are all over the eye whites. But they are like a very fine spray of red paint through a fine screen. They are very distinctive and can be a sure sign of strangulation. They are caused by the very smallest capillaries bursting from the pressure. Hope that helps.
    Thank you zm for explaining this. I know there are a few posters with a medical background here, and it does help those of us who don't know enough. Poor little mite. According to Dr. Myers, JonBenét was still alive when the garrote was applied. Hopefully she was too far gone by then, which caused the Ramseys to finish her off in the first place(?). What a fright for them if there was some sort of reaction(?). I doubt we will ever know(?).
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Now they're talking about the bedwetting theory in this part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHxga04YltI&NR=1

Dr. Wecht doesn't believe this was bedwetting-related.

Asked if he believes this will ever be "any closure" on this case, Dr. Wecht says he regrets to say that he does "...not think that anything is going to happen...keep in mind that Patsy Ramsey is dead...John Ramsey, that's all he has to do is stick with the story that he has told before, and that's it. The evidence is there and they did not choose to run with it then, or in subsequent years, and so on. So I doubt very much that anything is ever going to happen. I'll tell you this, they're never going to find any intruder, because there was no intruder, okay?" Then he talks some about the "new investigation", but continues, "The evidence is there. If they did not act on it then, why should we believe they're going to act upon it now?"

They get back to Thomas and one host says he has "...talked to police officers who worked with [Thomas], former bosses of his, they give him an A+ as a police officer, fabulous detective, and he was really drug through the mud." Wecht says he knows Thomas, and that "it is a disgrace what they did to him...they tried to destroy him...."

Damn right. If they'd gone after their old intruder with a HUNDRETH of the hatred they used on Thomas, they'd have found him...except, of course, they had no hatred toward the intruder, because he doesn't exist.

You have to hear what Wecht has to say about the possibility of a successful prosecution now, with John Ramsey not having to worry about what Patsy is going to say: "They've got to live with Patsy Ramsey's statements from before, and all of that which went unchallenged. You know, what are they going to do? Now posthumously challenge it and dig her up from the grave and accuse her of lying? You see what I mean? It's over and done with."

I vote for digging her up and accusing her of lying.
    KK, since I'm new here I am a little slow in catching up on reading but this thread is remarkable. Thank you for the excerpts. It doesn't take much to read between the lines concerning Wecht's opinion.

Thank you boesp for posting this. It is good to go over these recordings. It's hard to remember everything! It's nice to have you here. I can see you are well known by kk and cynic, so you will be amongst friends.

Thank you kk for creating this post.
    Just my opinion.

Exclamation

KoldKase, I appreciate your absolute and utter frustration with this case. Really I do. But I got another chuckle this AM after reading a long ago quote from you, "I vote for digging her (Patsy) up and accusing her of lying". OH my goodness how I second that!

And thanks BOESP for the re-quote here. Heh!
    "When are we going to get our heads out of the sand and understand that sometimes really nice people who look good on the outside are dastardly on the inside." Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, MA

Question

I'm unsure if my computer is the cause of what's happening when I copied zm's post. Her ID was copied a few times. I hope I can delete this.

Zoomama,

How can anyone with a soft Southern accent like KK's come away with a statement like "digging up Patsy Ramsey" ?
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    KK, since I'm new here I am a little slow in catching up on reading but this thread is remarkable. Thank you for the excerpts. It doesn't take much to read between the lines concerning Wecht's opinion.
    Thanks for taking the time to catch up. Time is now taking its toll on this case, so the more people who bother to keep it alive, the better the chance there is that the truth will be remembered and not Ramsey spin and disinformation.

Sadly, that's all the justice Jonbenet is ever going to get.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomama View Post
    KoldKase, I appreciate your absolute and utter frustration with this case. Really I do. But I got another chuckle this AM after reading a long ago quote from you, "I vote for digging her (Patsy) up and accusing her of lying". OH my goodness how I second that!

And thanks BOESP for the re-quote here. Heh!
    I'll bring the shovels.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    [snip]

Zoomama,

How can anyone with a soft Southern accent like KK's come away with a statement like "digging up Patsy Ramsey" ?
    But this is the charm and horror known as the Deep South, Elle.

You may be familiar with the artistic genre in the South called Southern Gothic. It's a long tradition of writers and artists combining the grotesque with the absurdity of life.

We have a lot of that here--must be all that heat and humidity.

I could refer you to the literary works of Tennessee Williams, Eudora Welty, Flannery O'Connor, William Faulkner, Harper Lee, and many more...but there is no better example than Patsy Ramsey. What a freak show she was with all that high dudgeon drama and self-righteous delusion: evangelical religious fervor, "stage four cancer!", sex abuse, murder, beauty pageantry, and a world-wide audience hanging on every twisted act, lie, and exaggeration.

This was Patsy's platform and she embraced it like she was ready for her close-up coming down the stairs of Tara.

Patsy escaped justice and got her VICTORY!--as her sister Pam so brazenly told the world at her death. The metaphorical image of digging her up so she could finally answer for her crimes is pure Southern Gothic imagination.

So am I a little macabre? Guilty! Along with Patsy.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.