Calling All Dog Lovers

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by BobC, Jun 26, 2009.

1. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Hey Thor--how are the pups? Any new pics?

2. Thor

Thor Active Member

Dogs are fine Bob. I need to get Mr. Thor's butt in gear to take some so I can post here. I take lousy pictures, so I need him to do it. Zip is 4 now and the pupper will be 1 in August. She's so good now that the only time we put her in the crate is when we're gone for a long time. She has the run of the house at night and has for some time. She never did have a bad chewing habit (unlike Zip) and basically is pretty good. Zip, chithead that he was at the time, was so naughty and mouthy that we couldn't trust him until he was almost 2!

3. Thor

Thor Active Member

4. Thor

Thor Active Member

5. BobC

I love her!!! German Shepards are so cool! yeah I know all about puppies and their "chewing stage." Thank JESUS that Noodles only ever chewed up toilet paper--so I got off easy. One day I came home and the apartment look like it had been snowed on--every inch covered in shredded toilet paper!

6. Thor

Thor Active Member

Oh chit, I bet that was fun to clean up. Puppies chew, but German shepherds are particularly supposed to be mouthy because they're herding dogs. Zip was terrible when he was Ginger's age. That whole summer, I'd sit at my computer and he'd come up on my left side and nip at my arm. Sometimes it was more than nips. I looked like a heroin addict, it was that bad on my left arm. Nothing deterred him, either. Looked up stuff on the net to cure him. Tried squirting lemon juice in his mouth. Didn't help. He had a lot of toys/rawhides. He'd just keep coming back to me. Not hubby. Once he stopped, he just stopped. He's been a great dog since then. Here's Zip (Chithead cause he always has a chit eating gring) (forefront) and the late Sasha in the background:

http://inlinethumb01.webshots.com/45056/2287240730029841761S500x500Q85.jpg

7. BobC

awwww--sorry you lost Sasha. She was beautiful. This is Otis, my most beloved dog. He has cancer but I'm hoping he'll beat it. I love this dog more than I could ever say.

Attached Files:

8. Thor

Thor Active Member

I've seen Otis before, but not sure I've seen this picture. OMG he's got cancer? Good vibes for him from me and Zip & Ginger. Please keep us updated. He is beautiful. Don't you have one more dog?

Sasha was put to sleep last August. She had a stroke (the vet thinks) and eventually lost control of all potty habits. There is more to it, but I won't go into it. Needless to say, it would have been impossible to let her go on like she was. I might have mentioned this last year in the archives. It's kind of a long story. Her mind was there, but her back legs were a mess and the other...the vet basically said it would be like having her being watched 24/7. Can't work. I miss both Thor and Sasha.

9. whitewitch1

whitewitch1 Senior Member

There are DOG LOVERS in here?? Now I know I've come to the right place!
    Beautiful dogs, Thor and BobC. How old is Otis? I'm so sorry to hear he has cancer. I will add him to my doggy prayers.

10. BobC

Thanks Witchie and Thor. I have five dogs, Otis, Noodles, Ellie, Boo Boo and Bailey--all rescues. It's a long story. But yeah about two months ago I noticed a lump on Otis' little leg and I brought him in and found out it was cancer. They cut off the tumor. Unfortunately dogs don't have a lot of tissue on the lower leg--which is where the tumor was--so if the cancer comes back there is nothing left to take except the leg. Chemo is another possibility but I can't handle my friend suffering like that. Please pray that the cancer doesn't come back. Otis is my best friend.

11. Karen

Karen Member

Awww, sweet Otis is in my prayers.:heart:

12. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Bob, my daughter is of your ilk - she has several dogs - all rescues. She is totally in love with all of them, but her soul mate was a female German shepherd who shadowed her everywhere she went, except to work. She was forced to put her soul mate down after she noticed the dog was slowing down and appeared to be in some pain. She was diagnosed with bone cancer - a very painful form of cancer for both humans and dogs.

My daughter grieved for months over her loss, until one night she dreamed she saw her dog lying on her bed where she normally slept. In her dream the most peaceful and wonderful feeling came over her when her dog looked directly into her eyes and my daughter heard the words, "I am with you all the time, stop grieving." Although she still misses her dog, she knows she'll be there when it's her time to cross over.

13. BobC

Wow--what a great story WY. And thanks for all the kind words, guys. We have some great people on this forum.

Didn't mean to derail the thread. We can go back to discussing what a fraud Smit is. Who's even ever heard of a "legendary detective" before? There's no such thing--except for maybe Sherlock Holmes.

14. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about Sasha. Hugs to you

BobC,

My prayers and thoughts are with you and Otis and all your pups and say Hi to Noodles for me :)

Why_Nut,

As always, thanks for all of your hard work and efforts

Thor,

Gorgeous doggies

15. BobC

16. BobC

PS: Thanks, WY, for making this thread. That was very sweet.

17. Thor

Thor Active Member

HAHAHA I love these videos Bob!!! All three of them! I love Noodles, I can understand your frustration about picking her up. She's not a small dog. I don't think I could pick up Ginger. Zip is almost 100 pounds, so forget that. Did she eventually go in the vehicle herself? She's so blase about it, just like, I'll just lay here. I love her speckled belly.

And she's quite the singer.

18. BobC

Hee hee

Noodles is such a drama queen! She just decided at some point that she didn't want to ever get in my car--and she'd just flop over and wait for me to pick her carcass up! I can lift her no problem--she's only 40 lbs--but it is a little embarrassing. Here's a vid of Noodles smoking:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTcLSTjqBbE

19. BobC

20. Little

Little Member

I love reading your posts about sweet Noodles BobC. I feel sorry for anyone who has never experienced the total devotion and love of a pet.

On my sales calls a lot of my country customers have either dogs or cats so I always keep Scooby Snacks and kitty treats handy. I have learned that Scooby Snacks are the first choice because I get that "I'm not eating that" look if I try to change brands. It only takes one trip for them to know my car and me too I guess because I get nicest greetings :) I funniest one is a Great Dane. He can look right into the car with no problem.

Little

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice