We represent a foreign faction

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Learnin, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Learnin

Learnin Member

Now that I'm here, I would like to find out what some of you think about the intent of the ransom note. The author had a motive in writing it. Do you think the author was serious about trying to blame this thing on a foreign faction or do you think it was just pure nonsense from the git go?

I wonder if the Ramsey(s) didn't think about removing the body at first but decided against it and instead moved it to the most remote corner of the house. In doing so, did they call 911, and friends over, purposely, to lead LE into believing the kidnapper killed her in the basement and fled out the basement window after they called 911?

I believe the author had several intents in composing the note, but, I'm interested in what others think about the kidnapping scenario...Serious intent or just confusing?

2. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I think the Rs always intended to make the note sound like it was someone who knew them pretending to be a SFF. JR commented to Det.Arndt immediately after bringing JB up from the basement. He said "This is an inside job". If he really believed the RN was real, why would he think an SFF was NOT responsible?
    IMHO, the Rs always intended to blame someone they knew. And I think housekeeper LHP was the top of their list. She was familiar with the house, she had a key, and she was strapped for cash. They also knew she did not have the financial or educational means to fight people as wealthy and politically powerful as the Rs or their attorneys.

3. Learnin

Learnin Member

Thanks, DeeDee. I, too, believe the Ramseys wanted to throw various acquaintances into the boiling cauldron of suspects. I tend to believe the note had several intentions; to confuse; to throw friends and business acquaintances into the cauldron. But I figured they could have done this without going through the foreign faction thing. I just keep kicking around in my mind the intent of the author of using the "foreign faction".

4. madeleine_ws

madeleine_ws Member

They just needed a note.And I guess the writer thought SFF would sound more interesting and brrrrrrrrrrrrrr more dangerous.It's BS from the beginning till the end IMO.That's why I don't bother understanding it anymore.It wasn't written to make any sense,except explain that SOMEONE ELSE is to blame.Who?The writer didn't even care at that point IMO.They started blaming certain persons a bit later.:banghead:

5. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Ransom Note

The ransom note just seems to have been written in panic mode.

Of course the immediate reaction of the Ramseys was to deflect attention and blame from themselves and their family....The small foreign faction they invented served a couple of purposes...It indicated a mysterious intruder, took the attention away from the Ramsey home.

The intent was to completely focus the investigation away from the Ramseys and their family/home, giving them time to make a decision about how to dispose of Jon Benet's body.

I think that if it had not snowed that night, that the Ramseys might have taken Jon Benet and buried her somewhere, then later in the morning have called police with a claim of kidnapping with no ransom note but just the premise of a phone call demand from kidnappers.

However, since tracks in the snow around their home would have indicated their leaving in the middle of the night, they had to create an intruder who left the scene of the crime with their daughter sometime that night before it snowed...I think that in their panic, they did not realize that so much focus would be put on their home and that they would not have a chance to dispose of the body.

Because Jon Benet was found wiped down, wrapped up carefully and some of her most prized posessions with her, I do believe that this was their initial intent. The ransom note was written to point to the foriegn faction kidnappers and the Ramseys would be able to spirit away the body for a secret burial in some remote site with the FBI and local authorities focusing their investigation elsewhere

However, since it had snowed that night there was no way that they could leave the incriminating tracks in the snow when leaving with the body etc....They had to create a mysterious intruder who had left the premises with their daughter.

The note reeks of someone writing a story and an explanation for the crime.

Voyager

6. Karen

Karen Member

Welcome Learnin! I like your name for aren't we all learnin everything we can about this crime? It's a nice openminded name.
    When I first read the note my first question was what was going on in the world at that time to make Patsy think "Foreign Faction". These days of course the news is loaded with that kind of thing but back in 1996 what was in the news that Patsy would have heard about that made her believe that might possibly be believable? I have yet to find out.

7. fr brown

fr brown Member

I've looked around for the source of the phrase "small foreign faction," but haven't come up with it yet. Star Wars is full of factions and I think the family was pretty familiar with that saga.

Family catchphrase? Don't know.

8. Elle

Elle Member

I agree wth you Learnin. The note did have several intentions. The more confusion Patsy Ramsey could cause, the better it was for keeping them further away from being charged with JonBenét's murder. The staging was an overkill. The ransom note was an overkill. However, the crux of this case was the Ramseys having enough money to hire the best criminal lawyers to make sure they were never arrested.

9. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

The ransom note that wasn't...

IMHO, it was more of a bio of the author, than a ransom note. She (Patsy) in her egomaniacal mode, carefully scripted that which she believed would be totally believed. How dare dispute the words of such a “brilliant mind,” who couldn’t resist subtle little hints of her superiority; words such as attaché; and hence, and foreign fashion? However, to make it sound like a vicious, blood thirsty villain, she nilly willy threw in a bit of underworld drama, i.e., fat cat, beheading and other threats, which could have come straight out of the pages of “Dick Tracy.” She didn’t have a clue as to what a ransom note should sound like. Her little mind was racing ahead of itself; trying to envision the reader’s response to her carefully scripted words. Perhaps she thought that the request for the exact amount of John’s bonus would lead the authorities to one of John’s International connections. The note was beyond absurd; it was nothing more than a rambling testament to the author’s guilt.

It's so nice to see so many new faces; all sleuthing away at FFJ. Welcome all. Hello Learnin, DeeDee, madeleine, Karen, fr brown, and two of our greatest sleuths, Voyager and Elle.

10. fr brown

fr brown Member

I think the kidnapping scenario was intended to divert attention from the more obvious explanation. I'm guessing that disposing of JonBenet outside of the house was considered and rejected for a number of reasons.

On topix I started a thread about the "John" phrases in the ransom note because I noticed that both Patsy and John in their '98 interviews threw suspicion on Fleet White as a big "John" over-user. This morning I read some of John Ramsey's 2001 depo in the Chris Wolf lawsuit. When asked if any of the phrases in the ransom note seemed familiar, Ramsey states that he heard Priscilla White use the term "fat cat." "Fat cat" is nestled right in the middle of those "John" sentences.

11. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Some foreign faction!

Didn't bring a rope, duct tape or paint brush.

Forgot to write the ransom note ahead of time and spent time hunting down sharpie marker and notepad in Patsy's desk. Then composed the world's longest ransom note.

Forgets to take the kidnap victim with them when they leave....I think foreign faction was totally Patsy's idea, and I agree, Patsy was baring her soul in the note with cliches.

Welcome all you newbies....may you soon become oldbees.

12. Elle

Elle Member

Not forgetting the Master Sleuth Greensleeve herself! :) I agree with all you're saying here, GL. Patsy was carried away with herself when writing this ransom note. Without the professional analysis, Patsy's distinct personality shines through.

13. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Hello back! It IS nice to see some new "faces" here, so welcome to the newbies.

When I read the RN, I get the feeling Patsy wrote it to sound like someone who knew the family trying to disguise themselves as a "small foreign faction". There is nothing "foreign" sounding about that note, either in cadence, lingustics or grammar.
    That note had Patsy written all over it (no pun intended).
    They always intended to pin it on someone they knew. Housekeeper Linda Hoffman-Pugh and her husband were #1 on their list, IMHO. Followed by Santa Bill. The problem? NO (let me rephrase that) NO forensic evidence from either LHP, her husband, or Santa Bill was ever found on JB or at the crime scene. Not a print, hair or fiber. And ALL THREE gave hair, blood and saliva samples.
    Well, to paraphrase Lacy "The DNA belongs to the killer". Well, if so, it ain't one of them.

14. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

LOL! Yeah, Show Me, that was the ultimate Three Stooges Foreign Faction! They decide to kidnap the child of an executive whose country they don't respect, but it's not personal because they respect his business, whatever that means. So what's the motive? To get a paltry and strange amount of ransom? Was there no one else in this unrespected country (with an unrespected business) they could hit on for MORE money? And to top it off, the Three Stooges Foreign Faction doesn't bring ANYTHING they need to accomplish the task. They don't even plan enough ahead to bring the ransom note. They have to borrow Patsy's pen and pad AND her handwriting and linguistics! It's a wonder they were able to get out of the house at all, much less get out without leaving a shred of evidence or a one full complement of DNA.

Agreed. :yes: And I love the word "oldbees." It's perfect.

15. Karen

Karen Member

Hi Greenleaf!! :wave:Hope things are going well for you these days!

16. Show Me

Cherokee...they DID remember to bring the lone packing peanut and some used partial DNA.

How many people are in a foreign faction? At least two....and since Lou Smit claims they left one 'footprint' as evidence...the foreign faction was probably acrobatic as well. You know one foreign factioner atop the other foreign factioner who is hopping around on one foot.

Why didn't the RST check out foreign circus shows? Hmmmm I bet those foreign faction circus shows are chock full of partial DNA!

17. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

jameson and company ~ there's a small foreign faction for you. Bringing her up because I just looked at the Topix site, and she's baaaaaaaaack.

:skank: :skank: :skank:

18. Show Me

Eeewwww!

Guess hir is looking for attention and glory elsewhere since her forum is kaput.

19. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Sue?! Stay Away?! LOL! Nevah!!! Even though she did post over there that she agrees that John and Patsy were wrong in deciding to leave little Burke all alone when they left for the hospital for the birth of JonBenet, I'm expecting to see her call out Bin Laden as da killa just because of the existance of this thread!

OldBee's Rule and NewBee's Rock!!! Keep talking or all there will be out there new to read about this case will be John Michael Wacko Jacko Karr! :heart:

20. Elle

Elle Member

Exactly Show Me! You hit the nail on the head.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice