Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Did you find those on ebay? Any way to date them?

I know way back when, lots of us looked high and low for photos of those boots. If you can date this pair, you may have provided us with the answer to a long time issue used by Team Ramsey to "prove" they had an intruder, no matter how many impeccable sources we provide for Burke and others in their immediate family/friend circle having owned Hi-Tecs.
    It is ebay. The location will pop right up if you google "Columbus Hi-Tec"

As many others have found before me, the Columbus boot was introduced in 1991. See here:
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...7/ai_n7736065/

Thanks, fr brown. I'll check it out.

I'm going to copy the part of the article you found which is available without purchasing the whole of it. Others have posted this in the past, but it's been a long time and as we well know, memory fades:

Hi-Tec Sports will launch hikers promo. (Hi-Tec Sports USA)
    Footwear News, July, 1991 by McAllister, Robert
    Hi-Tec Sports will launch hikers promo

MODESTO, Calif. - Hi-Tec Sports USA will step up the marketing of its new children's outdoor hiking boot with an incentive campaign centered around the 500th anniversary of Columbus' voyage to the New World.

The company plans to offer posters, stickers and other amenities as part of a Navigators' Club that children can join when they purchase an item in the new Navigators' series.

Hi-Tec unveiled an outdoor boot called the Columbus as part of the series. The shoe features a compass tied to the laces. It comes in mochaspruce and navy, priced to retail at $44.95.

Hi-Tec will coordinate the club membership in Modesto and will send promotional posters with new orders. Details of the promotion will...
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...7/ai_n7736065/

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Here is an enlargement of the Hi-Tec photo:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Here is an enlargement of the Hi-Tec photo:
    That's much better.

Note that we're looking at the logo on the sole of the boot upside down. I know, I know, it's obvious, but it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure that out.

Here's a photo of the Columbus Hi-Tec boot logo.
    Last edited by fr brown; January 6, 2010, 10:35 pm at Wed Jan 6 22:35:00 UTC 2010.

That doesn't look anything like the other photo, from ebay where you bought the shoes.

What am I missing?

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

That doesn't look anything like the other photo, from ebay where you bought the shoes.

What am I missing?
    Huh? It's the impression of the boot logo in Crayola Modeling Magic. It's the logo with the boot toe pointing toward the top of the screen to match the orientation of the crime scene photo.

Quote Originally Posted by fr brown View Post
    Huh? It's the impression of the boot logo in Crayola Modeling Magic. It's the logo with the boot toe pointing toward the top of the screen to match the orientation of the crime scene photo.
    OH, that explains it. Crayola Modeling Magic! Like I said, I was missing something. ha ha

Sorry. And thanks for making that imprint for us.

I know you were concerned that it didn't match the logo imprint photo. I also notice that it's a mirror image on your model. I'm wondering if there's some photo technique where you can impose one image over the other...adjusting for photo size? I have no idea, not being that computer savy myself.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Would you mind if your photos were on the FFJ case library thread with the crime scene photos of the mold imprint? You could add these yourself, if you don't mind including it? Or I will, if you'd prefer. If you don't want them added, that's okay, too.

I'm going to put the modeling clay image beside the crime scene photo if I can:

Last edited by koldkase; January 7, 2010, 3:29 pm at Thu Jan 7 15:29:08 UTC 2010.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Well, sorry about the poor quality, but it's the best I can do for now.

One thing I notice right off is that the typeface is different. You told me that, right?

Do you know for certain what boot model you have? You said you didn't get the box, right?

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

OH, that explains it. Crayola Modeling Magic! Like I said, I was missing something. ha ha

Sorry. And thanks for making that imprint for us.

I know you were concerned that it didn't match the logo imprint photo. I also notice that it's a mirror image on your model. I'm wondering if there's some photo technique where you can impose one image over the other...adjusting for photo size? I have no idea, not being that computer savy myself.
    The imprint shoes leave is a mirror image. I think that's why some manufacturers go with a picture rather than letters for a logo. If you want the logo to read right on the shoe, it's gonna be a mirror image in the dirt. (RE: the other crime scene shoeprint: the logo doesn't start with "A," it ends with "A." That's assuming it's an "A.")

I possibly can figure out how to superimpose the two Hi-Tec logos, but I won't get around to it for a few days. And I need a copyable crime scene photo.

(The two logo imprints don't look that different after all, but I'm not convinced.)

Well, sorry about the poor quality, but it's the best I can do for now.

One thing I notice right off is that the typeface is different. You told me that, right?

Do you know for certain what boot model you have? You said you didn't get the box, right?
    They say "Columbus" right inside the boots and they've got a compass on the right boot lace. The left boot doesn't come with a compass. I didn't get the shoe box, but he included the paper from the box. It says that it (the paper) was manufactured in 1992. It's compostable plastic.

I was more concerned about the area around the letters, but looking at your enlargement, it seems like the part that concerned me, the right side of the "H," has been altered by a mini-landslide. If the typeface is different, I didn't notice that.

Go ahead and post wherever you'd like.