Ramsey house plans and exterior photos

Discussion in 'Evidence Files: Ramsey murder case' started by koldkase, Oct 13, 2009.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2012
  2. koldkase

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2012
  3. koldkase

Exterior photos from various years 2

Aerial:

Attached Files:

4. koldkase

Exterior photos from various years 3

Glad to help, learnin.

More exterior:

Attached Files:

5. koldkase

Exterior after remodels up to 09

Someone pointed out the outside grate in relation to the Ramseys' bedroom windows (Why Nut?):

Attached Files:

6. koldkase

Exterior photos from various years 4

Crime scene photos:

Attached Files:

7. koldkase

Exterior photos from various years 5

I'm repeating one here because it labels the photo as a crime scene photo and is the location of the window grate to the broken basement window:

Attached Files:

8. koldkase

Exterior photos from various years 6

More of the grate, plus inside shots of the window in the basement:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  9. koldkase

Exterior photos from various years 7

More and I don't know where I got these, but thanks to whomevah....

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2012
  10. koldkase

Baseball bat outside

There is a long shot of this bat somewhere--anyone?

Here is a pieced together group of photos of one side of the house--where JonBenet's bedroom windows were and also where the grate to the basement window is located--and on the other side of the house is where the ballbat was found, outside the "butler door." You see the "butler door" and location of the ballbat on the right side of this floor plan from the Redd Herring site.

Attached Files:

11. koldkase

Lou Smit dragging his butt over the window sill

Just because it's a main issue with the grate and window sill being used by some intruder, Lou Smit--who has dragged his butt in and out that window more times than jams--illustrated for us how stupid that idea is:

Attached Files:

12. koldkase

Cont. Smit's butt dragging

And this one has my personal fav--he just looks so spiffy in those khaki pants, don't you think? Not to mention, we can really see that DRAAAAAAAG in this one....

Attached Files:

13. koldkase

Found some photos, which jams took some time after the Ramseys moved out, of the outside of the home on the northern side where the butler door was. This explains the kitchen window facing the exterior, though the kitchen was on the other side of the butler pantry. The butler pantry appears to have been either added with the Ramsey remodel, or to be built below the level of the kitchen window, at any rate.

From ACandyRose.com:

Attached Files:

14. koldkase

Here are a few more "Smit in basement window" pics, particularly to compare the distance from the floor to the window sill:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 33a.jpg
      33a.jpg
      File size:
      28 KB
      Views:
    • 36a.jpg
      36a.jpg
      File size:
      25.7 KB
      Views:
    • 30a.jpg
      30a.jpg
      File size:
      39 KB
      Views:
  15. Elle

Elle Member

Forget the distance to the floor for a second KK and take a look at the build of Lou Smit compared to the build of John Ramsey. I posted this not too long ago. John Ramsey looks as if he is a bigger made man than Lou Smit and I think it would have been quite a struggle for John Ramsey to go through this window setup? Any chance of finding out the difference in their height etc. ?

Lou Smit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Andrew Louis "Lou" Smit (April 14, 1935 – August 11, ... Smit fell just short of the department's minimum height of five feet and nine inches,

Can't find John Ramsey's height KK, but to me he appears to be taller than Lou Smit and has broader shoulders etc. Difficult to see him struggling through the grate and window etc. etc. etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
  16. koldkase

Looking through old pictures and I want to put this sequence of photos in the library for easy reference in the "basement window" discussions. These are of a man "exiting" the window by climbing on the suitcase. I'm not sure which program these are from, so if you know, feel free to post that here:

[​IMG]

[continued in next post]

Attached Files:

17. koldkase

There are seven photos in this sequence, so I am doing them two at a time because of certain programming problems with adding photos already on the forum elsewhere with a couple in the sequence not uploaded here yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. koldkase

Final two in this sequence:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. koldkase

Now this is what the window well looked like photographed from above.

A disclaimer: FYI, these say crime scene photos, but we really have no way of knowing if these were taken by the Ramsey private investigators after the home was turned over to the Ramseys or if they came from the DA Office's PowerPoint collection, work product made by Smit with copies of the actual crime scene photos he had access to while he worked for Hunter. Smit showed these on national TV numerous times, but I have never had a copy of the PowerPoint collection in my possession, so I can't vouch for where these originated.

My point is Team Ramsey had the house and took their own photos when the BPD released it to them. Some were even staged rather convincingly which ended up in tabloids. So we have no way of knowing if these are from authentic crime scene photos. Just saying.

Attached Files:

20. koldkase

Someone at Websleuths captured this from the crime scene video Carol McKinley shared in her Daily Beast article on Kolar's new book: Foreign Faction.

This is a better closeup photo of this cord seen in the basement window well:

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice