Ramsey house basement photos

Discussion in 'Evidence Files: Ramsey murder case' started by koldkase, Oct 13, 2009.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

No discussion on this thread, please. It's just for photos and links as a resource. Thanks in advance!

In no particular order:

Attached Files:

2. koldkase

Basement areas 2

Remember that not all photos posted in this case library are crime scene photos, as some were taken in the weeks and months after the murder, some by private detectives, some by tabloids or Ramsey friends, etc. The photos were even staged at times. I'm not taking the time to label which is which because I'm working with thumbnail photos and it would take longer than I have time to go through and do that, sorry.

Attached Files:

3. koldkase

Basement areas 3

If I repeat a photo, it's because I think it belongs in more than one group, to focus on different issues of evidence.

Attached Files:

4. koldkase

Basement areas 4

The moldy footprints in the cellar room:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. koldkase

Basement areas 5

Paint tray; notice part of the paintbrush left in the paint tray; photo of center of paintbrush tied onto the cord of the murder weapon:

Attached Files:

6. koldkase

Basement areas 6

Here is an interesting photo, but it's "altered". It is a tabloid "staging" done in the actual basement, but don't be misled by the fireplace logger or plaid blanket, as neither were there the night of the murder. In fact, the paint cans are also staging, if memory serves...?

Attached Files:

7. koldkase

This photo appeared in the National Enquirer

I don't know of another source for this photo, other than the National Enquirer book. Where did the authors get it? They got the videos of the Ramseys LE interviews from jams, for $40K, but where did this photo come from?

Why this photo? There are several pages of selected photos in that book, but many are of the case players, the victim, etc. A few are of the house/crime scene.

And then there is this one. Of all the photos they could have used, they used an obscure one of a couple of boxes in the basement...with some kind of opaque tape on them. Hm.....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  8. koldkase

From the NE Nov 1, 2010 article:

This photo was included and shows a larger wide shot of one of the basement rooms. Notice possibly wrapping paper in the lower right side; the boxes with wide tape on them stacked on top of each other; a set of golf clubs; and a clear storage box, which I've seen a closer photo of in years past showing what appears to be ribbon, twine, maybe even cord inside.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  9. koldkase

Basement hallway to cellar room

carpeted hallway, with golf clubs, etc.

Attached Files:

10. koldkase

Adding to our photo collection, thanks ACR, who has kept the record on her site for more than a decade, and cynic, who found this for us. This is a basement window which opened horizontally. It wasn't the infamous "broken window" which was located in the train room.

[​IMG]

Here's a link to the Denver Post's graphic illustration of the layout of the Ramsey basement, which I believe puts this window in the storage room at the top right room in this diagram. This window appears to be in that corner room, but not IN the corner of that space; rather it seems to be the one along the wall: notice the window is beside a door, which in this diagram appears to go to a closet.

http://extras.denverpost.com/news/jonhouse1016b.htm

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  11. koldkase

From the crime scene video taken the evening of the murder by LE, posted on The Daily Beast by Carol McKinley, these golf clubs are seen in a closet in the train room:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. koldkase

From a different train room closet: unfinished sheet rock, electrical hot wires. Taken from a screen capture from the LE crime scene video of the basement train room area, posted at The Daily Beast by Carol McKinley:

[​IMG]

13. koldkase

The "train room," where the Ramseys said Burke had his toy trains. This photo is of the "train" area, leading into the next area where the "basement window" is located, with the window well and grate outside.

From the crime scene video taken by LE of the Ramsey's basement on Dec. 26th, 1996: screen captures from The Daily Beast article, by Carol McKinley:http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/18/new-clues-in-jonbenet-ramsey-murder.html

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  14. koldkase

Coming from the "train" area, the LE crime scene video makes a right turn into the basement area where the broken window was located, with the well outside.

Chief Kolar, in his book Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet Ramsey?, wrote about the spider web still on the broken window and in the corner of the frame on the left.

From the crime scene video taken by LE of the Ramsey's basement on Dec. 26th, 1996: screen captures from The Daily Beast article, by Carol McKinley:http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/18/new-clues-in-jonbenet-ramsey-murder.html

Attached Files:

15. koldkase

Attached Files:

16. koldkase

I hope keeping these this large isn't a problem. I wanted people to have an opportunity to see as much as possible, and they were already muddied from the poor quality of the screen capture and having to reduce them this much.

Here we see the outside window ledge with a piece of glass.

Attached Files:

17. koldkase

Attached Files:

18. koldkase

19. cynic

cynic Member

More screen captures from the train room:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. cynic

cynic Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice