Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    I've done the overlay but with the low res pics it's difficult to pick out what pixels belong to what. If it's not what you had in mind, feel free to delete it.
    That's exactly what I was trying to do, cynic, but you've used the wrong "side" of the brush: you've got the right "end" but you need to "roll it over"--see the pictures in #30.

It's hard working in 2 dimensions when the objects are 3-dimensional. If you look at post #33, you'll the shape of the broken ferrule end after I flipped the photo--to simulate "rolling" it over as you'd have to if you were actually holding the pieces and wanted to match them. It should fit right into the jagged end I have in that same picture--it's the other side of the brush from the one you used.

It is hard to work with these photos, as the resolution is bad. If you go to page one of this thread, you can see the ones I used to start. You might be able to get better resolution than I can with my old computer.

I was hoping you'd come along with your graphics, though. Passive-aggressive of me?

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    That's exactly what I was trying to do, cynic, but you've used the wrong "side" of the brush: you've got the right "end" but you need to "roll it over"--see the pictures in #30.
    I believe this is the correct match.
    Here is a basic overlay:

Here is a somewhat enhanced overlay:

I believe this is the correct match.
    Here is a basic overlay:

Here is a somewhat enhanced overlay:
    Um...almost, but let's see if you can lay the top section of the broken paintbrush in this photo over the bottom one. I mean...if you don't mind....

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase View Post
    Um...almost, but let's see if you can lay the top section of the broken paintbrush in this photo over the bottom one. I mean...if you don't mind....

THANK YOU!! PERFECT!

At least, it looks like a match to me...?
    Last edited by Cherokee; June 5, 2012, 1:53 pm at Tue Jun 5 13:53:16 UTC 2012.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    What end result are you looking for kk? Fill me in please!
    The "end result" was I wanted to see how these pieces fit together because I had trouble with imagining how they were broken. I guess my final question was could a woman do it? Could a 10 year old boy? Could an average size man? Of course I still have to basically guess, but it's a more informed guess now. I think the ferrule is the weak point of a paintbrush--this is where the wood of the handle is connected to the bristles of the brush, with a thin metal wrap-around between them to link both. Of course glue is used, but I can now see that with a little leverage applied--like stepping on it--even a small adult could make the ragged break with relative ease.

So it was just a matter of fitting the parts of the two pieces as they were, like puzzle pieces. I know it's all very muddy, and some splinters/shards were left on the carpet, etc., but the pieces appear to me to fit generally as Cynic put them together in that last composite.

I feel like I'm frustrating you. It may be nothing anyone else finds worth bothering with. I just hate having questions I can't get answered, so I go on these little tangents at times: I feel like the last pieces fit close enough.

In fact, looking at the end with the bristles lined up with the wood handle, it appears bent to me, even flattened and twisted, maybe like you said by closing a door on it. I know that's no surprise. It just helps me to understand what it took to do this:

Let's flip it again as if it were laid on the floor and stepped upon:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by koldkase; May 7, 2012, 12:02 am at Mon May 7 0:02:19 UTC 2012.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

For discussion, I've enlarged the "red heart" photos of the palm to focus on the little bumps there. It's very unusual to get bumps on the palm. Patsy stated in her 1998 DA interview with Haney and DeMuth that she used fingernail polish to remove marker ink from JB's skin. Did someone try to remove this marker ink that way? The Ramseys both said they had never seen these marks on JB's hand before she was found murdered.

Last edited by koldkase; May 18, 2012, 3:11 pm at Fri May 18 15:11:44 UTC 2012.

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

A comparison of the bruising and marks from the ligature on the neck to the position of the cord and knot at autopsy:

~~~~~~~
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~

Default Photos from Investigator Files

Recent photos published in October 2016 of JonBenet's long-johns, Bloomies and Barbie nightgown. These were obtained by the Daily Camera Newspaper.

Name:  pantiesandevidencebag.jpg
Views: 10516
Size:  192.2 KB

Name:  longjohns.jpg
Views: 11051
Size:  120.2 KB

This was identified by Nedra and Patsy as JonBenet's favorite Barbie nightgown. It was found in the wine cellar bunched up against her white blanket.

Name:  Barbienightie.jpg
Views: 10957
Size:  203.3 KB

New photos have surfaced from the program Overkill: The Murder of JonBenét. The show was created from past footage and photos from Schiller’s archives. These photos were obviously shot soon after the police arrived at the home, as one of the photos shows her body covered in a blanket which had been placed on her by JR.

Name:  JBonrug1breelz.jpg
Views: 14275
Size:  142.1 KB

Name:  JBonrug3breelz.jpg
Views: 20975
Size:  184.9 KB

Name:  JBonrug2breelz.jpg
Views: 9961
Size:  230.8 KB