Mark Fuhrman's "The Murder Business"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Levi, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Levi

Levi Member

Has anyone read "The Murder Business: How the Media Turns Crime Into Entertainment and Subverts Justice" by Mark Fuhrman? I plan on buying it and reading it soon. I heard that he discusses the JonBenet Ramsey case and gives his theory of the crime.

If anyone has read it, I'd love to get your thoughts. I plan on picking it up soon, been in talks with Mark's publisher on getting him on my radio show in the next couple of weeks.

Here is what an amazon reviewer says:

"don't agree with the Jon Benet view, it's too bad, that murder was botched up by mishandled evidence. I just don't believe a mother could twist a rope around their coveted beauty queen child's neck, they worshipped that little girl.

A mother would never sexually assault a child with any object, much less a paint brush stick. Extremely few females are capable of such a horrific act against their own child. Why would Patsy use a stun gun on Jon Benet anyway? The child would go to the basement willingly with their parent. If there were Patsy fibers wrapped up in the rope, it is possible that the fibers were transferred from Jon Benet's night gown. Patsy did change the child before bed to her night clothes, so this is normal. How do we know that Patsy didn't put her sweater on Jon Benet earlier in the evening because she was cold?

Just because they went and got a "spokesman" doesn't make them guilty, the life they lead or how they were brought up predicts a future act or reaction to them: If you want to know your past - look into your present conditions. If you want to know your future - look into your present actions. These people were professionals and successful ones at that. Look at how Queen Elizabeth II handled the death of Princess Diana. Does it make her guilty of a murder? No, it is how she was raised and that was not to show emotion in public. Considering Patsy was a former beauty queen, she was trained to be the same way.

If Patsy were angry at her child for bed wetting and angry enough to kill her, then she was angry enough to yell at her and that includes spitting some of her DNA on the child's gown, but none of Patsy's DNA was found on her except the fibers from her sweater."

2. fr brown

fr brown Member

Haven't read it, but I hear he thinks the Ramseys are guilty.

3. Karen

Karen Member

I'm going to get it and read it. I love Mark Furhman! I didn't know about this. Thanks for the heads up!:)

4. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

The reviewer that compared Patsy to Queen Elizabeth is an IDIot! I did need the laugh though...

5. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I've read all of Mark Thurman's books; I will read this book, too. Thanks for the heads up, Levi. I agree with the title of the book - someone else's tragedy because of crime is a big money-maker for the entertainment shows, and most often what ends up happening is not true-crime reporting but rather their sensationalized spin on the crime. Whatever sells is what they go after.

Even as I watch those shows to find out the latest, it sickens me to know they are exploiting people in order to make a buck. And, after watching what the media did to the JBR case - how they spun things to their own bias - I've never again believed anything they say.

6. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Yes, thanks so much for alerting us to this book. It will be interesting to read his take on this case.

As for the amazon.com "comment," as per usual, we learn there is no shortage of stupid people.... :rolleyes:

If you get Furhman on your show, Levi, please let us know! Thanks again.

7. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Thanks for the information, I will be sure to get the book!

8. Levi

Levi Member

Fuhrman takes a beating in the public and the press, back when Greta's show wasn't political and boring, I thought he did an excellent job covering Drew Peterson and Caylee Anthony.

I'd love for him to write an investigative expose book on the JBR case, like he did the Moxely case and expose the corrupt BS that went on.

9. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I think we would all like that Levi...I have been hoping he would do that for years.

10. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Probably Lin Wood is perched to pounce were that to happen.

I like Mark Fuhrman. I always thought he got a bum deal with the OJ fiasco. I honestly think he was role playing with that author who got him in the racial mess.

11. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks for this information about Mark Furhman's book, Levi. I will buy a copy.

I wasn't brought up a Royalist and I thought Princess Di was a breath of Spring when she came into the boring Royal Family. I admired Princess Di for being a human being, and for what it's worth, I think Princess Di and her fiancé Dodi Fayed were murdered, and I'm sure Prince Philip and the Queen were very happy about their demise, because of the havoc a marriage between Diana and Dodi would create for the royal family.

Thank you for letting me get this off my chest, Levi!

Sorry for the interruption FFJ posters! [​IMG]

12. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

I think it is hysterical (and a little pathetic) that someone would use the analogy of a monarch and a beauty queen! Patsy trained not to show emotion in public??? What about her "Don't go there, Pal" outburst? If we are going to compare queens, let's call Patsy the kind of queen she really was, a drama queen.

:floor:

13. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Amen to that one Driver...she surely was!

14. Elle

Elle Member

You hit the nail on the head Driver! :)

15. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

This is OT for this board, but I have to tell you, Elle, I have read many books on Diana's death, including those written by her butler, and the bodyguard that night and I completely agree that this smacks of an assassination. I can't say for sure that the Queen was directly involved, but can see MI5 or MI6 being involved without her knowledge.

16. Elle

Elle Member

It's good to hear you say this, DeeDee. We can always discuss this by e-mail. I enjoy being in touch with you. :) MI5 and MI6 are mentioned in other articles on the net. For sure they would keep the Queen out of it, but she will know who is behind it.

17. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Ladies...if you want a place to discuss the queen, and/or Diana's death just let me know...I will create one.

18. Elle

Elle Member

This is very considerate of you, Moab. I am in touch with DeeDee by e-mail and it will be good for me during the winter. Methinks a thread like this may start another war(?). :)

19. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

BAM!! You nailed her, Driver!

20. Driver

Driver FFJ Senior Member

Elle

You wouldn't cause a war with me! When I read Moab's offer I thought, "Oh Boy! Oh BOY!" I absolutely loved Diana and am fascinated with all of that sad saga. I remember that timid, shy young girl, smiling so awkwardly when showing her new ring at Balmoral. She really did get a raw deal, especially from her betrothed. She was treated shamefully. I am glad she eventually got her "sea legs" and stood on her own. She did a great job with her boys, and it is a tragedy that they have been deprived of her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice