Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Cheers Zoomama and Moab. It's depressing to think that she has been gone longer than she was with her family. Obviously, we're all hoping she is found and brought home to her family, but at the very least, we hope for closure.

:-(
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles View Post
    Cheers Zoomama and Moab. It's depressing to think that she has been gone longer than she was with her family. Obviously, we're all hoping she is found and brought home to her family, but at the very least, we hope for closure.

:-(

That's just crazy that she's been missing longer than she was with her family.
    This post, unless it is a legal court document, may not be carried in part, or in its entirety to any other discussion forum or bulletin board without the express written consent of the party who wrote it. It is proprietary to the author and to www.forumsforjustice.org. Violators will be reported to their Internet Service Providers.

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    That's just crazy that she's been missing longer than she was with her family.
    I know JC. It brings with it another lot of complications if she is found :-(

There were quite a lot of leads which never got followed up. We know this because the police files were turned over, but also because people came forward to say they'd contacted the police with information and no-one got back to them.

Hopefully the combined efforts of Scotland Yard and the new Portuguese team will give fresh impetus to the case.

There's some interesting stuff coming out for the fifth anniversary this year which I think could be very useful in moving the case along in terms of public awareness.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

Quote Originally Posted by zoomama View Post
    Jay, in this morning's paper there was a small article stating that Scotland Yard has now begun another look at the police inquiry from the Local police (is it JP?). I'm sorry I don't have my paper right handy as I share it with my neighbor every day. So I'm not exactly sure when or if this "new" investigation will take place.
    Zoomama, here's an article published today on the new Scotland Yard investigation of the McCann case. It gives some details and an image of what Madeleine might look like today at almost nine years old.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/ap...cann-yard-case
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This was just on our Canadian news, Cherokee, showing the above photo of how Madeleine may look today. It is good this case is being reopened and I hope this young girl can be returned to her parents. It seems they have given this case more serious consideration. It's about time!
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    This was just on our Canadian news, Cherokee, showing the above photo of how Madeleine may look today. It is good this case is being reopened and I hope this young girl can be returned to her parents. It seems they have given this case more serious consideration. It's about time!
    Yes, it is, Elle! It was kind of strange to look at the "aged" photo and think that if Madeleine is still alive, she will be nine years old on May 15th. I hope and pray she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    Yes, it is, Elle! It was kind of strange to look at the "aged" photo and think that if Madeleine is still alive, she will be nine years old on May 15th. I hope and pray she is.
    It's amazing how they can figure out the change in a child's features like this. What a beautiful little girl she is. This is good news. For starters, it is already on the net. Let's hope someone can spot Madeleine from this newly released image, plus from all the telephone poles and elsewhere posted!
    Just my opinion.

Default Crime scene picture

I just saw the "Madeleine" thread here in the 'Missing Persons' section, and thought I would drop by.

In the past few years, I have read four books on the McCann case, but due to lack of time, have not managed to systematically go through the released case files.
    But I do keep looking for latest news and visit the "McCann Files" site at irregular intervals.

[QUOTE=rashomon;189339]
    I apologize beforehand if this has already been answered:
    A bit further down the page, one can see a crime scene picture showing two pink objects on Madeleine's bed. One larger item in a stronger pink and one smaller of lighter pink nearer to the wall, next to the pillow.
    Is the larger pink object "Cuddle Cat"?

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id142.html
    Last edited by rashomon; May 11, 2012, 12:20 pm at Fri May 11 12:20:32 UTC 2012.

Kate (in her book "Madeleine", p. 71) about her entering of the apartment:
    [bolding mine]
    "At 10 pm I went back to the apartment myself. I entered the sitting room via the patio doors, as Gerry and Matt had done, and stood there, listening, for a few seconds. Then I noticed that the door to the children's bedroom was open quite wide, not how we had left it. At first I assumed that Matt must have moved it. I walked over and gently began to pull it to. Suddenly it slammed shut, as if caught by a draught.
    A little surprised, I turned to see if I'd left the patio doors open and let in the breeze. Retracing my steps, I confirmed that I hadn't. "
    After stating that she discovered Madeleine missing from her bed and could not find her anywhere in the apartment, Kate continues:
    "As I ran back into the chidren's room the closed curtains flew up in a gust of wind. My heart lurched as I saw now that, behind them, the window was wide open and the shutters on the outside raised all the way up."
    What struck me as odd when trying to visualize the above scenario: Why would Kate "pull a door to" of a room that she wanted to enter?
    Imo this does not make sense.
    Last edited by rashomon; May 11, 2012, 3:44 pm at Fri May 11 15:44:55 UTC 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon View Post
    Kate (in her book "Madeleine", p. 71) about her entering of the apartment:
    [bolding mine]

After stating that she discovered Madeleine missing from her bed and could not find her anywhere in the apartment, Kate continues:

What struck me as odd when trying to visualize the above scenario: Why would Kate "pull a door to" of a room that she wanted to enter?
    Imo this does not make sense.
    It doesn't make any sense to me either, rashomon.

I don't do research any more, now I'm into my early 80's. However,I do come back here regularly to respond to those members who are still posting on the JonBenét case, and jog my memory. This was the case I was involved with more than any other.

I believe the Websleuths site is very active. Maybe you should post this infomation there.
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1 View Post
    I believe the Websleuths site is very active. Maybe you should post this infomation there.
    Thanks for the info, Elle.
    I didn't know that the WSS Madeleine forum, which had been offline for quite some time, has been reopened.
    Today is Madeleine's ninth birthday.
    Last edited by rashomon; May 12, 2012, 2:45 pm at Sat May 12 14:45:01 UTC 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon View Post
    Thanks for the info, Elle.
    I didn't know that the WSS Madeleine forum, which had been offline for quite some time, has been reopened.
    Today is Madeleine's ninth birthday.
    It's all very sad, rashomon. What a waste of a young life. I sincerely hope the death of this little girl has made holiday makers everywhere be more careful not to leave their children unattended on holiday, as well as in their own homes. This is a dangerous world we live in, when it comes to small children.

Truthfully rashomon, I don't go to Websleuths. I just knew it was very active and took it for granted the Madeleine case would be there too! I'm sure you will be of great value to this case over there.
    Just my opinion.