Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Default Pilar Rodriguez Breaking News. FFJ's RiverRat is at the Scene

One of our own, RiverRat, is on the scene.

I just got off the phone with her. She is at the scene as they are removing dirt.

Here is the Readers Digest version.

Babysitter had permission to have the 3 year old in her custody. Babysitter took Pilar to her redneck boyfriend's house.

There apparently was partying going on and then Pilar was gone.

The babysitter and her boyfriend each pointed the finger at the other one saying the other was the last one to be seen with Pilar.

Now, they are digging at the boyfriend's grandmother's house.

RiverRat will be officially checking in later on. She has followed this case for 11 years and knows the family well.

Hat's off to our RiverRat for caring and doing so much.

Here is the archive on the case from Websleuths.com.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/arc...hp/t-6853.html

Here is an updated media report

http://www.mysuncoast.com/Global/story.asp?S=11434454

My Friends,

I am so proud of RiverRat I could burst. RiverRat has put her heart and soul into this case for 11 years and now she is there with the family as they possibly find Pilar's remains.
    Last edited by Tricia; November 3, 2009, 3:48 pm at Tue Nov 3 15:48:14 UTC 2009.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

Great reporting, RR (and Tricia). Keep us informed.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

Jeez, I just read the latest newspaper account. She was only 4 years old. I think back to when my girls were 4 years old and it just kills me to think of someone harming a hair on their heads and crushes me to think of this poor baby being beaten to death. I hope they get a resolution to this case.

BTW, I saw where a Arab/Muslim country is executing a 22 year old man for raping and murdering very young girls and leaving one (three years old) in the desert to die, except she didn't die. He will be executed by beheading and his head will be displayed on his body, in public.

Some groups are raising a stink about the method of execution. Sorry - this is one I agree with - finally, the punishment fits the crime.
    Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry,
    the philosophy which does not laugh,
    and the greatness which does not bow before children.

---Kahlil Gibran---

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

Quote Originally Posted by Watching You View Post
    *snip*
    BTW, I saw where a Arab/Muslim country is executing a 22 year old man for raping and murdering very young girls and leaving one (three years old) in the desert to die, except she didn't die. He will be executed by beheading and his head will be displayed on his body, in public.

Some groups are raising a stink about the method of execution. Sorry - this is one I agree with - finally, the punishment fits the crime.
    Here is the deal, you can't change these people. When you have a menace in your society, be it a rabid dog or a sadistic pedophile, you contain the menace and destroy it so that society can be safe.

No problem here with the method of execution.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Default Thank You...

I am spent, but here goes - sorry for the boublepost here and at WBS, but it's the last bit of steam I have right now....Love to all!

The scene is secured for the night and work will resume first thing in the morning. And yes - as I am sure in all situations like this one, facts and rumors were flying fast and furious with all - including the media. Soo many years now, over a decade and I have brought up her case from time to time because if if I can't forget Pilar - why should anyone else?

How surreal of a day, from the moment that I first became aware -out of the blue - of the search warrant being executed to watching the local coverage this evening of the day I spent...so earily reminiscent of when Caylee's remains were found with the digging, the soil in the black buckets to the sifters for the soil...I am with very heavy heart here tonight although taking this case off of the Unsolved Cold Cases would be wonderful, and I will have futher links, facts and pics after I take some down time for a bt!

Photo By RiverRat 2009
    Last edited by RiverRat; December 6, 2009, 12:11 pm at Sun Dec 6 12:11:44 UTC 2009.
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Once correction, Tricia - I said that I know the people associated with this case...including the Suspect's family. And I am sooo happy that one of our Finest LEO's we've ever had, came out of retirement to work on our Cold Cases just months ago and I was there in support of the activity along with other personal reasons....but I do not know Pilar or any of her family...I did see her once at a local corner store during her short-lived visit and life, but that's it. Nor was the "baby-sitter" someone that I know just for complete clarification. I just care and have since the first day....right before RiverRat was born as a matter of fact.

http://www.winknews.com/news/top/68993677.html

""We have Marion County Sheriff's here because they have specific cadaver alerting dogs we also have representatives from FWC, who has a cadaver dog with him. There is a company called NecroSearch that has ground-penetrating radar should we come across something that will give us an additional lead of where to search," said Sheriff Cameron."

VERY interesting piece of machinery that I need to research further.

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

HeyRR...
    Thank you so much for all you do with and for victims of violent crimes. I am so proud of you! Keep us updated as you can, and we will help get articles on this thread for you...get some rest! If you can list the major media links...we can watch them and grab the articles while you are there!
    It's probably too late to get justice for JonBenét. Maybe it always was. But knowing where things went wrong is the first step to not going there again. **-- Alan Prendergast-Dec 21, 2006--**

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/68998862.html

A Look Back...

Another wonderful example of why we wait a day like this day for John Ramsey!

Unhappy

Dear Rat, you have such a big heart. Know we're sending you lots of love and support to help keep it filled. God bless.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Oh my goodness! What a tragic case. Kudos to you for keeping with it RR. One reads about these cases in the media. It must be very surreal when it happens with people you know.
    This is my opinion and it may not be copied in whole or in part without my written permission

What a wonderful person you are RR

Bless you for all the wonderful things you do. What a sad story.

Please keep us posted
    PATSY RAMSEY WROTE THE RANSOM NOTE
    SHE WOULDN'T DO THAT FOR AN INTRUDER.
    PLEASE READ CHEROKEE'S ANALYSIS

http://66.98.176.96/~tricia/forums/s...ead.php?t=6404